|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sylvie think the woman with four children is alone?
(a) The woman's husband has the children.
(b) She is on her way home.
(c) Her children were taken from her.
(d) She does not have any money to feed them.
2. What kind of relationship do Lily and Nona have?
(a) they are indifferent to each other
(b) they're rivals
(c) close sisterly bond
(d) they don't understand each other
3. How do Ruth and Lucille see Sylvie as far as her competence to be a caretaker?
(a) That she will be very strict.
(b) She is not responsible.
(c) That she is great.
(d) That she is very mature.
4. Where do Lily and Nona live?
(a) New York
5. How does Sylvie talk to Ruth and Lucille?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sylvie's temperament seem to Ruth and Lucille?
2. For what do Ruth and Lucille depend on each other?
3. Why does Ruth hit Sylvie?
4. How long do the girls think the aunts will be staying?
5. What story does Sylvie tell the girls while waiting out the flood?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)