|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruth and Lucille feel about Sylvie when they meet her?
(a) They like her.
(b) They are afraid of her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They are indifferent.
2. What happens to the girls' mother when Ruth is six?
(a) She gets sick.
(b) She remarries.
(c) She leaves them.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. What did Ruth and Lucille's father do when the girls were young?
(a) became a millionaire
(c) moved to Florida
(d) deserted the family
4. What kind of pictures does the grandfather paint?
(a) red deserts
(b) of imaginary mountains
(c) purple forests
(d) unreal seascapes
5. How do Lily and Nona feel about Fingerbone?
(a) They're indifferent to it.
(b) They're curious about it.
(c) They love it.
(d) They hate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Helen and the girls visit their grandmother?
2. What does Sylvie do about the girls' questions about their mother?
3. Where does their grandfather end up when he leaves home?
4. What is Sylvie wearing when the aunts see her?
5. Where did the sisters' father grow up?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)