|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylvie do when she meets Ruth and Lucille?
(a) She listens to them.
(b) She teases them.
(c) She acts cold toward them.
(d) She dismisses them.
2. What does Helen do after the girls settle on their grandmother's porch?
(a) drives into the lake
(b) jumps off the train bridge
(c) leaves and never came back
(d) visits the graveyard where her father was buried
3. How do Lily and Nona feel about moving from their home?
(a) They resent it.
(b) They are anxious.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are excited.
4. Who is the narrator in the book, "Housekeeping?"
5. Why do Ruth and Lucille follow Sylvie when she leaves the house the day after she arrives there?
(a) They think she will get lost.
(b) They are afraid she will leave.
(c) They think she is going to buy them something.
(d) They think she is not dressed properly for the weather
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Lily and Nona have?
2. What does their grandfather do when he arrives at the town?
3. What do Lily and Nona do the night the girls tell them why they're outside with Sylvie?
4. How do Ruth and Lucille see Sylvie as far as her competence to be a caretaker?
5. Where were Ruth and Lucille born?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)