|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sylvie think the woman with four children is alone?
(a) She does not have any money to feed them.
(b) Her children were taken from her.
(c) She is on her way home.
(d) The woman's husband has the children.
2. Why do Ruth and Lucille follow Sylvie when she leaves the house the day after she arrives there?
(a) They are afraid she will leave.
(b) They think she is going to buy them something.
(c) They think she will get lost.
(d) They think she is not dressed properly for the weather
3. Where are Ruth, Lucille and Sylvie marooned during the flood?
(a) on the roof
(b) in the attic
(c) on the top floor of the house
(d) in the church
4. What do the girls want from Sylvie?
(a) to take them traveling
(b) to take them to Wyoming
(c) to stay
(d) to talk to Lily and Nona
5. What do the girls tell Lily and Nona about why they were outside with Sylvie?
(a) that she thought it was too cold for them to be out
(b) that she needed directions to the lawyer's
(c) that they were disobeying her
(d) that she wanted to take them to the store
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille want to do with the pressed flowers they find in a book?
2. Why do they want to find Sylvie?
3. What does Sylvie do after the answer in question #105?
4. Where is Sylvie?
5. What kind of food does Sylvie generally make for dinner?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)