|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruth and Lucille see Sylvie as far as her competence to be a caretaker?
(a) That she will be very strict.
(b) That she is great.
(c) She is not responsible.
(d) That she is very mature.
2. Where does the town where the sisters stay with their grandmother sit?
(a) near the redwood forest
(b) on the cliffs looking over the ocean
(c) on the shores of a nameless lake
(d) on the top of a steep mountain
3. What do the girls tell Lily and Nona about why they were outside with Sylvie?
(a) that she needed directions to the lawyer's
(b) that she thought it was too cold for them to be out
(c) that they were disobeying her
(d) that she wanted to take them to the store
4. What does the grandmother want Lily and Nona to do?
(a) find Mary
(b) move to Florida
(c) find Ruth's father
(d) care for Ruth and Lucille
5. What does the sheriff ask Ruth when she comes out of the orchard?
(a) Does she want to come home with him?
(b) Is she hungry?
(c) Does she know where Lucille is staying?
(d) Is Sylvie abusing her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does their grandfather want most to do when he is young?
2. To where are Lily and Nona going to move?
3. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
4. Who begins to voice objections about Ruth's care?
5. What does Sylvie believe Ruth thinks of her when she talks about the people on the island?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)