|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the town where the sisters stay with their grandmother sit?
(a) near the redwood forest
(b) on the shores of a nameless lake
(c) on the cliffs looking over the ocean
(d) on the top of a steep mountain
2. What does Ruth fear about Sylvie?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has fallen in the water.
(c) She has left them.
(d) She cannot find any food.
3. How do Lily and Nona react to change?
(a) It thrills them.
(b) They like it fine.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) It frightens them.
4. What does Helen do after the girls settle on their grandmother's porch?
(a) leaves and never came back
(b) visits the graveyard where her father was buried
(c) drives into the lake
(d) jumps off the train bridge
5. How do Lily and Nona feel about children?
(a) uncomfortable around them
(b) excited around them
(c) happy around them
(d) sad around them
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does their grandfather end up when he leaves home?
2. How was their grandfather's childhood house built?
3. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
4. Where have Lily and Nona found Sylvie?
5. How do Helen and the girls visit their grandmother?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)