|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls tell Lily and Nona about why they were outside with Sylvie?
(a) that they were disobeying her
(b) that she thought it was too cold for them to be out
(c) that she wanted to take them to the store
(d) that she needed directions to the lawyer's
2. What does Sylvie do when the girls come home in the morning after staying out all night?
(a) makes them go to school
(b) wraps them in warmed quilts
(c) screams at them
(d) calls the police
3. How do Ruth and Lucille feel about Sylvie when they meet her?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They like her.
(c) They are afraid of her.
(d) They hate her.
4. How do Lily and Nona try to contact Sylvie?
(a) by radio
(b) through Mary
(c) newspaper ads
(d) by contacting her old boyfriend
5. Why do Ruth and Lucille follow Sylvie when she leaves the house the day after she arrives there?
(a) They think she is not dressed properly for the weather
(b) They think she will get lost.
(c) They think she is going to buy them something.
(d) They are afraid she will leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvie say when asked if she wants children?
2. What does a teacher say about Lucille when they return to school following the flood?
3. What kind of relationship do Lily and Nona have?
4. Why does the town of Fingerbone flood?
5. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)