|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Lucille follow Sylvie when she leaves the house the day after she arrives there?
(a) They are afraid she will leave.
(b) They think she is going to buy them something.
(c) They think she will get lost.
(d) They think she is not dressed properly for the weather
2. Why does Lucille ask Sylvie about her husband?
(a) she thought he might visit
(b) to spite her
(c) she wanted to know who he was
(d) she was curious
3. What does Sylvie finally realize about the neighbors' objections?
(a) They are making them up.
(b) They mean to take Ruth from her.
(c) They are partially true.
(d) Someone in town is trying to get her in trouble.
4. What does Sylvie do when she comes home with the answer in question #108?
(b) makes pancakes
(c) watches television
(d) goes to bed
5. What does Sylvie do about the girls' questions about their mother?
(a) lies to them
(b) she answers them
(c) ignores them
(d) pretends she doesn't know the answer
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Sylvie give the school for the girls' problems?
2. Where does Sylvie go when she leaves the house the day after she meets Ruth?
3. What does Lucille complain to her friends about?
4. Why do Ruth and Lucille stop going to school in March?
5. What does Sylvie say about her relationship with her husband?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)