|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronnie do after Billy calls him the hurtful name?
2. What do the Little Nun and Billy discuss that they both lost in the bomb blast?
3. How has Artie ignored Ronnie throughout Ronnie's life?
4. What does Ronnie throw to Corrinna as she is leaving, saying it is a gift for Billy?
5. When Ronnie runs back into his bedroom, what does he bring back out with him?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of Billy's reasoning that the audience is the most important part to a performance? What point is Guare making with this subtle injection? Is this true? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Artie sets the precedent in the Prologue for talking directly to the audience, which the rest of the characters do throughout the play. Nontraditional in plays until The House of Blue Leaves, discuss the significance of breaking the fourth wall and its significance to this play. Without this tactic, would the play be the same? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In the final scene of The House of Blue Leaves, the Little Nun describes an orchard being a metaphor for life. What is the significance of this is relation to the rest of the characters and the play? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)