|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie tell Billy in order to stop him from making his phone call for Ronnie?
2. When Bunny appears from her apartment downstairs in Act II, Scene II, what does she have?
3. How many parts are there to Ronnie's story?
4. What are the nuns doing when Ronnie makes his announcement in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Ronnie's story about Billy's movie reveal about Ronnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bananas and Artie clearly have a dysfunctional relationship. Artie goes through a range of emotions pertaining to Bananas throughout the play before eventually strangling her at the end. Analyze the couple's relationship through a chronological standpoint, assessing the significance of their relationship in the play. Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Pope such a significant, but unseen character in The House of Blue Leaves? What does he symbolize and why are these characters chasing after him? What do they ultimately want? Construct a thesis driven paper using specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when the line between reality and dreams is blurred? Using characters and scenes from The House of Blue Leaves, answer this question. Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)