Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the bedroom holding the tickets after the MP arrives?
2. Where does Ronnie wire the items he takes out of the box to?
3. What does Corrinna say to the nuns about Billy that devastates Artie?
4. Where is Ronnie at the beginning of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
5. Who comes out of the bedroom wearing another one of Georgina's dresses?
Why is the Pope such a significant, but unseen character in The House of Blue Leaves? What does he symbolize and why are these characters chasing after him? What do they ultimately want? Construct a thesis driven paper using specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
All of the characters in The House of Blue Leaves are connected by the desire to be acknowledged. Write a paper based on this point and connect each of the characters, showing their similarities and the basic human element that causes them to desire acknowledgment. Use specific examples and quotes from the play to support your response.
There are several recurring symbols throughout The House of Blue Leaves. Pick one and discuss it at length: what it means, where it is seen and why, its meanings within the play's context, why this symbol works, and how it furthers the play's narrative and meaning. Use specific examples and quotes from the play to support your response.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)