|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Ronnie and the Little Nun wrestling at the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
2. Why does Ronnie desperately want to audition for Billy's movie?
3. What do the Little Nun and Billy discuss that they both lost in the bomb blast?
4. What does Ronnie say in his speech that everyone from his father to his commanding officer do to him?
5. In addition to herself, who does Bananas plead with Billy to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the line between reality and dreams is blurred? Using characters and scenes from The House of Blue Leaves, answer this question. Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write a compare and contrast paper between Artie and Bananas. Although Bananas is outwardly mentally unstable, the audience notices the subtleties of Artie's madness as the play progresses. One character's instability is external, while the other character's instability is internal. Use specific examples and quotes from the text to show this.
Essay Topic 3
Write a position paper on whether or not you believe Artie Shaughnessy is a sympathetic character. Be definitive in your response and support your thesis with examples and quotes from the play.
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)