|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny complain about when she comes up from her apartment?
2. What does Corrinna confess to the audience after Artie runs out of the apartment to get Bananas and Bunny?
3. Why does Billy not want to return to California?
4. What do the items in the box that Ronnie wires together foreshadow in the play?
5. What does Bananas claim she is still angry at Artie for?
Essay Topic 1
All of the characters in The House of Blue Leaves are connected by the desire to be acknowledged. Write a paper based on this point and connect each of the characters, showing their similarities and the basic human element that causes them to desire acknowledgment. Use specific examples and quotes from the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The end of The House of Blue Leaves is characterized by new beginnings. The characters involved in the final scene experience new beginnings that are mostly positive. Artie is the only character that does not, although he is the one character who yearned for it the most. Discuss the final scene, what these new beginnings are, what they mean, and why Artie is the only one who is left alone in a well constructed thesis paper. Use information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The climax of The House of Blue Leaves was discussed in a classroom lecture. Develop a thesis about the climax and why it is this play's climax. Why is this moment the point of all rising action? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)