|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy call Ronnie after Ronnie's display in the apartment, according to Ronnie's story?
2. Why does Ronnie run off the stage at the end of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
3. What kind of movie does Bunny tell the audience she remembers Corrinna from?
4. What does Ronnie actually have in common with all of the other characters that is revealed in his speech?
5. Who does the Man in White come to take away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act II, Scene I, Part II, the characters display the increasing levels of their desperation. But desperation for what? Write an analysis of the scene, discussing at length what each character is desperate for and why. What are these characters doing to show their desperation? And, lastly, what does this heightening desperation do for the scene? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of Billy's reasoning that the audience is the most important part to a performance? What point is Guare making with this subtle injection? Is this true? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In class discussions, the literary style of farce was discussed. Farce is evident throughout the play, heightening in certain scenes. Based on what you have learned about farce, construct a thesis discussion farce within The House of Blue Leaves, what it is, why it is used in this play, and how it functions within the play. Use examples and quotes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)