|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the bedroom wearing another one of Georgina's dresses?
2. Ronnie goes on to tell a story about Billy coming to visit his family while he is casting for what movie?
3. What does Artie do to Bananas at the end of the play when a blue spotlight shines on them?
4. What does Artie know after the nuns announce that there is a choirboy in their room?
5. Why is Artie called in by the zoo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of Billy's reasoning that the audience is the most important part to a performance? What point is Guare making with this subtle injection? Is this true? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In the final scene of The House of Blue Leaves, the Little Nun describes an orchard being a metaphor for life. What is the significance of this is relation to the rest of the characters and the play? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Pope such a significant, but unseen character in The House of Blue Leaves? What does he symbolize and why are these characters chasing after him? What do they ultimately want? Construct a thesis driven paper using specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)