Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the bedroom holding the tickets after the MP arrives?
2. Where does Ronnie wire the items he takes out of the box to?
3. What does Corrinna say to the nuns about Billy that devastates Artie?
4. Where is Ronnie at the beginning of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
5. Who comes out of the bedroom wearing another one of Georgina's dresses?
What is the importance of Billy's reasoning that the audience is the most important part to a performance? What point is Guare making with this subtle injection? Is this true? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
The longing to be noticed is a thematic element common to characters in American dramatic literature. Compare this among the characters in The House of Blue Leaves to another novel or play you have read that has this same recurring theme. Use specific information and quotes from The House of Blue Leaves, while the other novel/play can be loosely paraphrased.
In the final scene of The House of Blue Leaves, the Little Nun describes an orchard being a metaphor for life. What is the significance of this is relation to the rest of the characters and the play? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)