|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Ronnie and the Little Nun wrestling at the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
2. Where is Ronnie at the beginning of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
3. What does Billy say is the most important group to be a part of in a movie?
4. What does Artie do in order to calm down Billy?
5. What are the nuns doing when Ronnie makes his announcement in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the final scene of The House of Blue Leaves, the Little Nun describes an orchard being a metaphor for life. What is the significance of this is relation to the rest of the characters and the play? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
In class discussions, the literary style of farce was discussed. Farce is evident throughout the play, heightening in certain scenes. Based on what you have learned about farce, construct a thesis discussion farce within The House of Blue Leaves, what it is, why it is used in this play, and how it functions within the play. Use examples and quotes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of Billy's reasoning that the audience is the most important part to a performance? What point is Guare making with this subtle injection? Is this true? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)