Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the bedroom holding the tickets after the MP arrives?
2. Where does Ronnie wire the items he takes out of the box to?
3. What does Corrinna say to the nuns about Billy that devastates Artie?
4. Where is Ronnie at the beginning of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
5. Who comes out of the bedroom wearing another one of Georgina's dresses?
Essay Topic 1
The longing to be noticed is a thematic element common to characters in American dramatic literature. Compare this among the characters in The House of Blue Leaves to another novel or play you have read that has this same recurring theme. Use specific information and quotes from The House of Blue Leaves, while the other novel/play can be loosely paraphrased.
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Scene I, Part II, the characters display the increasing levels of their desperation. But desperation for what? Write an analysis of the scene, discussing at length what each character is desperate for and why. What are these characters doing to show their desperation? And, lastly, what does this heightening desperation do for the scene? Use specific information and quotes from the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
In the final scene of The House of Blue Leaves, the Little Nun describes an orchard being a metaphor for life. What is the significance of this is relation to the rest of the characters and the play? Use specific information and quotes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)