|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she can get more medication.
(b) If she will stop having the dream.
(c) If he has the same dream.
(d) If her dream is real.
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Pacing the stage.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Sobbing uncontrollably.
3. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(a) The audience.
4. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) After the audience sits down.
(c) Halfway through the first scene.
(d) When the audience is quiet.
5. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
(a) Their move to California.
(b) She will become a famous movie star.
(c) The Pope's landing.
(d) Artie's getting a job in California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
3. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
4. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
5. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bunny get Billy to ask her to come to Australia with him?
2. What does the audience learn about the Prologue in Act I, Scene I?
3. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
4. What does "breaking the fourth wall" and speaking to the audience achieve?
5. How does Bunny convince Artie to call his friend Billy in California?
6. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
7. What does Artie shout offstage for?
8. Why do the nuns and Ronnie rush to Corrinna when she announces she has two tickets to see the Pope at Yankee Stadium?
9. What does the Prologue do?
10. Why does Artie grumble about the Pope's passing through Queens?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)