|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Find his love.
(b) Turn his fantasies into reality.
(c) Leave his town.
(d) Kill his enemy.
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Sing along.
(c) Clap their hands.
(d) Stand up.
3. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
(c) Her shoes.
4. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The car.
(d) The store.
5. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Priest's robe.
(b) Doctor's coat.
(c) Police uniform.
(d) Army fatigues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
3. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story the Three Nuns tell Artie when he lets them into his apartment?
2. Billy explains to Artie that it is better when he imagines Artie in the audience than for Artie to actually be there. Is this reasonable?
3. What does Bananas' story about being on the snowy rooftop foreshadow?
4. What dream does Artie tell Bananas about in Act I, Scene I?
5. Why are all of the characters acting so desperately by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
6. After Artie tells Bananas about a house he found on the East Coast that she can live in, what is Bananas scared of?
7. When Artie steps into the spotlight at the end of the play, what does he sing about?
8. Why does Billy mistake Bananas for his late wife, Georgina, when he sees her?
9. What is the condition Artie gives Bunny if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
10. Why does Bunny say that until Artie met her, he was afraid of life?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)