|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The romance.
(b) The fear.
(c) The action.
(d) The comedy.
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(c) Pacing the stage.
(d) Playing the piano.
3. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
(a) Who is closer to Billy.
(b) If they should stay with Billy or in a hotel.
(c) Where Bananas will go.
(d) Who will pay for the tickets.
4. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
5. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will make the audience laugh.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It was promised.
(d) It will fill up space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
2. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
3. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
4. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bunny convince Artie to call his friend Billy in California?
2. Why do the nuns and Ronnie rush to Corrinna when she announces she has two tickets to see the Pope at Yankee Stadium?
3. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
4. What does the color blue function as in the Prologue?
5. After Artie tells Bananas about a house he found on the East Coast that she can live in, what is Bananas scared of?
6. Bananas asks Billy to stay with her in the apartment, but what does Billy suggest instead?
7. How does Bunny get Billy to ask her to come to Australia with him?
8. How does Act I, Part II end?
9. When does Artie claim he gave up on Bananas and her sanity?
10. Billy explains to Artie that it is better when he imagines Artie in the audience than for Artie to actually be there. Is this reasonable?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)