|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Lack of love.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Committing a crime.
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a cheater.
(b) He is mentally unstable.
(c) He works at the zoo.
(d) He is a terrible musician.
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a director.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a songwriter.
(d) He is a talent scout.
4. What does Bunny wish to happen when the Pope passes by?
(a) For Artie to be famous.
(b) A new life with Artie.
(c) For Bananas to get better.
(d) Bananas' death.
5. What does Bunny promise to do for Artie when they reach California?
(a) Give him massages.
(b) Help him write his songs.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Cook meals for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
2. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
5. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all of the characters acting so desperately by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
2. What is the second box that Ronnie returns from the bedroom with?
3. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
4. What is another significant symbol introduced in Act I, Scene I?
5. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
6. What dream does Artie tell Bananas about in Act I, Scene I?
7. In his story, Ronnie explains that Billy came to Queens; what was Billy doing?
8. What does Artie shout offstage for?
9. What makes Act II, Scene I, Part II farcical?
10. Does Artie intend to kill Bananas at the end of the play?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)