|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Gives her more pills.
(b) Puts her to bed.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Slaps her.
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It is too costly.
(b) It is morally wrong.
(c) It makes her uncomfortable.
(d) It is like losing her virginity.
3. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The dissolution of marriages.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The crime in Queens.
(d) The poverty in America.
4. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is in opposition to the war.
(b) The increase of domestic violence.
(c) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(d) He is a man on the edge.
5. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A sauna.
(c) A club.
(d) A movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
2. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
3. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
4. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
5. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sign of gentleness toward Bananas does Artie have in Act I, Part II?
2. In his story, Ronnie explains that Billy came to Queens; what was Billy doing?
3. Is Billy impressed by Ronnie's routine?
4. Why does Bunny give Bananas guide books to Mexico?
5. Why do the nuns and Ronnie rush to Corrinna when she announces she has two tickets to see the Pope at Yankee Stadium?
6. What does Artie shout offstage for?
7. What does Bunny reveal that she wishes to happen when she first introduces herself to the audience?
8. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
9. What does the color blue mean for the characters in the play?
10. What is the second box that Ronnie returns from the bedroom with?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)