|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Comedic action.
(c) Dramatic action.
2. What does Bunny wish to happen when the Pope passes by?
(a) For Bananas to get better.
(b) A new life with Artie.
(c) Bananas' death.
(d) For Artie to be famous.
3. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
(a) Move out on her own.
(b) Kiss the Pope's hem on TV.
(c) Reconnect with relatives.
(d) Write a letter to the Pope.
4. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
(a) His depresion.
(b) His anger.
(c) His age.
(d) His low income.
5. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
2. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
3. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
4. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
5. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Artie intend to kill Bananas at the end of the play?
2. What sign of gentleness toward Bananas does Artie have in Act I, Part II?
3. What does Bananas' dream about wandering around the house and crying illustrate for the audience?
4. When does Artie claim he gave up on Bananas and her sanity?
5. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
6. What does the color blue function as in the Prologue?
7. Describe what Artie is doing in the play's Prologue.
8. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
9. What does Bananas attempt to do in order to alienate Bunny from everyone?
10. What does Artie shout offstage for?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)