|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His love.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His passions.
(d) His fears.
2. When Artie rescued Bananas from the rooftop in the middle of winter, what does he say happened to their relationship?
(a) He took care of her.
(b) He gave up on her.
(c) He started to love her again.
(d) He got her help.
3. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will lose the love of his life.
(b) He will commit a serious crime.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will achieve his goals.
4. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
5. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The comedy.
(b) The action.
(c) The romance.
(d) The fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
2. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
3. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy mistake Bananas for his late wife, Georgina, when he sees her?
2. What does Corrinna say to the audience when she arrives in Act II, Scene I, Part II?
3. Is Bunny happy about the offer to go to Australia with Billy?
4. Where is Ronnie at the opening of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
5. What does Bananas' dream about wandering around the house and crying illustrate for the audience?
6. Bananas asks Billy to stay with her in the apartment, but what does Billy suggest instead?
7. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
8. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
9. What makes Act II, Scene I, Part II farcical?
10. Is Artie eager for success? If so, how can you tell?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)