|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Rejects her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Hurts her.
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a terrible musician.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He is mentally unstable.
(d) He works at the zoo.
3. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He still loves Bananas.
(b) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
(c) He will not see the Pope.
(d) He wants to stay in Queens.
4. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
5. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
2. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
3. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Artie a sympathetic character?
2. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
3. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
4. What does Artie's casual cruelty toward Bananas signify?
5. Is Bunny happy about the offer to go to Australia with Billy?
6. Billy explains to Artie that it is better when he imagines Artie in the audience than for Artie to actually be there. Is this reasonable?
7. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
8. What is Bunny doing when we first see her in Act I, Part I?
9. What act does Ronnie's desire to use the bomb foreshadow?
10. How does Bunny get Billy to ask her to come to Australia with him?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)