|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Doctor's coat.
(b) Priest's robe.
(c) Police uniform.
(d) Army fatigues.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The action.
(b) The comedy.
(c) The fear.
(d) The romance.
3. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The way her life turned out.
(b) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(c) Her simpleness.
(d) The lack of love Artie shows her.
4. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
(b) Shock treatments.
5. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(b) Climactic action.
(c) Comedic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
2. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
3. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
4. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
5. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the color blue function as in the Prologue?
2. Is Billy impressed by Ronnie's routine?
3. What does Artie shout offstage for?
4. What does Corrinna say to the audience when she arrives in Act II, Scene I, Part II?
5. What does Ronnie do with Artie's alarm clock?
6. Why does Billy mistake Bananas for his late wife, Georgina, when he sees her?
7. What is the story the Three Nuns tell Artie when he lets them into his apartment?
8. In his story, Ronnie explains that Billy came to Queens; what was Billy doing?
9. How does the blue spotlight characterize Artie in the Prologue?
10. What is another significant symbol introduced in Act I, Scene I?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)