|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a bad cook.
(c) She is mentally unstable.
(d) She hates Artie.
2. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
(a) Write a letter to the Pope.
(b) Kiss the Pope's hem on TV.
(c) Move out on her own.
(d) Reconnect with relatives.
3. What does Bunny promise to do for Artie when they reach California?
(a) Give him massages.
(b) Cook meals for him.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Help him write his songs.
4. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She flees the house.
(b) She cries all day.
(c) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
(d) She kills Bunny.
5. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A dream he had.
(b) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(c) The Prologue.
(d) A club opening he played.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
2. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
3. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
4. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
5. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bananas attempt to do in order to alienate Bunny from everyone?
2. Why does Artie grumble about the Pope's passing through Queens?
3. What does Artie's casual cruelty toward Bananas signify?
4. How does Bunny get Billy to ask her to come to Australia with him?
5. What dream does Artie tell Bananas about in Act I, Scene I?
6. Billy explains to Artie that it is better when he imagines Artie in the audience than for Artie to actually be there. Is this reasonable?
7. What does Bananas' story about being on the snowy rooftop foreshadow?
8. Why does Artie angrily close the piano lid on top of Bananas' fingers?
9. What does the audience learn about the Prologue in Act I, Scene I?
10. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)