|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Priest's robe.
(b) Doctor's coat.
(c) Army fatigues.
(d) Police uniform.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The action.
(b) The romance.
(c) The fear.
(d) The comedy.
3. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Dr. Ronnie.
(b) Pope Ronnie.
(c) Officer Ronnie.
(d) Sergeant Ronnie.
4. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
(a) She sing for him.
(b) She cook for him.
(c) She spend the night with him.
(d) She gives him some money.
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To introduce Artie.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To serenade the audience.
(d) To alert the audience to their seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
3. What kind of character is Artie?
4. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
5. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
Short Essay Questions
1. After learning of Corrinna's death, why does Billy not want to return to California?
2. What does Bananas attempt to do in order to alienate Bunny from everyone?
3. What sign of gentleness toward Bananas does Artie have in Act I, Part II?
4. When Artie steps into the spotlight at the end of the play, what does he sing about?
5. What does the audience learn about the Prologue in Act I, Scene I?
6. What does Corrinna say to the audience when she arrives in Act II, Scene I, Part II?
7. What does the audience learn about in Act II, Scene I, Part I that links all of the characters together in the play?
8. How does Act I, Part II end?
9. What does Bananas' story about being on the snowy rooftop foreshadow?
10. In his story, Ronnie explains that Billy came to Queens; what was Billy doing?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)