|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
2. When Ronnie emerges from his room after everyone leaves, what is he carrying?
(a) His childhood pictures.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A large box.
(d) Bananas' medication.
3. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(d) Works of art.
4. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Get surgery.
(c) Get a boyfriend.
(d) Get better mentally.
5. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a director.
(c) He is a dancer.
(d) He is a songwriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
3. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bunny doing when we first see her in Act I, Part I?
2. What makes Act II, Scene I, Part II farcical?
3. How does Bunny convince Artie to call his friend Billy in California?
4. What does the audience learn about the Prologue in Act I, Scene I?
5. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
6. How does Bunny get Billy to ask her to come to Australia with him?
7. What dream does Artie tell Bananas about in Act I, Scene I?
8. Is Artie eager for success? If so, how can you tell?
9. Why does Bunny give Bananas guide books to Mexico?
10. What does Bunny reveal that she wishes to happen when she first introduces herself to the audience?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)