|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
(a) Their move to California.
(b) The Pope's landing.
(c) She will become a famous movie star.
(d) Artie's getting a job in California.
2. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
(a) Who is closer to Billy.
(b) Who will pay for the tickets.
(c) If they should stay with Billy or in a hotel.
(d) Where Bananas will go.
3. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
4. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His guilt over doing wrong.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His longing for company.
(d) His deep depression.
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Dramatic action.
(b) Comedic action.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
2. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
4. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
5. What is Artie's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corrinna die by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
2. Billy explains to Artie that it is better when he imagines Artie in the audience than for Artie to actually be there. Is this reasonable?
3. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
4. Does Artie intend to kill Bananas at the end of the play?
5. What does "breaking the fourth wall" and speaking to the audience achieve?
6. After Artie tells Bananas about a house he found on the East Coast that she can live in, what is Bananas scared of?
7. What act does Ronnie's desire to use the bomb foreshadow?
8. How does Act I, Part II end?
9. How does the blue spotlight characterize Artie in the Prologue?
10. Why are all of the characters acting so desperately by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)