|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Laughs at the audience.
(b) Ignores the audience.
(c) Yells at the audience.
(d) Stares at the audience.
2. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being imprisoned.
(b) As being angry.
(c) As being sad.
(d) As being unstable.
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Pacing the stage.
(c) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) Playing the piano.
4. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The crime in Queens.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The poverty in America.
(d) The dissolution of marriages.
5. What does Bunny wish to happen when the Pope passes by?
(a) For Artie to be famous.
(b) Bananas' death.
(c) For Bananas to get better.
(d) A new life with Artie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
5. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is noted in the Prologue that will happen with Artie's dreams?
2. Why does Bunny say that until Artie met her, he was afraid of life?
3. Why does Corrinna ask the nuns to pray for her?
4. What does the color blue mean for the characters in the play?
5. When Artie steps into the spotlight at the end of the play, what does he sing about?
6. What does Artie do in the Prologue that all of the other characters will also do?
7. What is the story the Three Nuns tell Artie when he lets them into his apartment?
8. Where is Ronnie at the opening of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
9. How does the blue spotlight characterize Artie in the Prologue?
10. What does "breaking the fourth wall" and speaking to the audience achieve?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)