|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The car.
(c) The store.
(d) The bedroom.
2. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Dr. Ronnie.
(b) Pope Ronnie.
(c) Officer Ronnie.
(d) Sergeant Ronnie.
3. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Ignores the audience.
(b) Yells at the audience.
(c) Stares at the audience.
(d) Laughs at the audience.
4. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Opens the windows.
(b) Turns on the television.
(c) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(d) Forces her into the car.
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To introduce Artie.
(b) To serenade the audience.
(c) To alert the audience to their seats.
(d) To quiet the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
2. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
3. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
4. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "breaking the fourth wall" and speaking to the audience achieve?
2. What is the story the Three Nuns tell Artie when he lets them into his apartment?
3. What does Bunny reveal that she wishes to happen when she first introduces herself to the audience?
4. Is Bunny happy about the offer to go to Australia with Billy?
5. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
6. Why does Bunny say that until Artie met her, he was afraid of life?
7. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
8. Why does Bunny give Bananas guide books to Mexico?
9. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
10. Why does Artie grumble about the Pope's passing through Queens?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)