|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To introduce Artie.
(b) To alert the audience to their seats.
(c) To quiet the audience.
(d) To serenade the audience.
2. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
(a) Billy is an accomplished director.
(b) Billy is a record label executive.
(c) Billy knows a lot of recording artists.
(d) Billy is a talent agent.
3. What kind of character is Artie?
(d) Comedic relief.
4. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
(a) Her inhaler.
5. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom after praying, what does she say she is ready to do?
(a) Get help.
(b) Go out.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Fix her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
2. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
3. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
4. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
5. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition Artie gives Bunny if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
2. What act does Ronnie's desire to use the bomb foreshadow?
3. Why are all of the characters acting so desperately by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
4. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
5. Bananas asks Billy to stay with her in the apartment, but what does Billy suggest instead?
6. What is the second box that Ronnie returns from the bedroom with?
7. What does Artie comment to the audience at the beginning of Act II, Scene I, Part II regarding Bunny and Bananas?
8. What is Ronnie dressed in when we first see him in Act I, Part I?
9. What does Corrinna say to the audience when she arrives in Act II, Scene I, Part II?
10. How does the blue spotlight characterize Artie in the Prologue?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)