|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Play an instrument.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Be alone on stage.
(d) Have a spotlight.
2. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(c) Steamed towels.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A cane.
(c) A line.
(d) A blue light.
5. What is Artie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
2. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
3. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
4. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
5. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sign of gentleness toward Bananas does Artie have in Act I, Part II?
2. Is Artie a sympathetic character?
3. What does Bananas' story about being on the snowy rooftop foreshadow?
4. What does Ronnie explain to the audience that he did when Billy came over to the apartment?
5. How does Bunny convince Artie to call his friend Billy in California?
6. What is the second box that Ronnie returns from the bedroom with?
7. What is the condition Artie gives Bunny if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
8. Bananas asks Billy to stay with her in the apartment, but what does Billy suggest instead?
9. After Artie tells Bananas about a house he found on the East Coast that she can live in, what is Bananas scared of?
10. What is Ronnie's bomb a symbol for?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)