|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
(a) Write a letter to the Pope.
(b) Reconnect with relatives.
(c) Kiss the Pope's hem on TV.
(d) Move out on her own.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The romance.
(b) The action.
(c) The fear.
(d) The comedy.
3. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) The increase of domestic violence.
(b) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(c) He is a man on the edge.
(d) He is in opposition to the war.
4. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
5. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
2. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
3. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
4. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
5. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Artie a sympathetic character?
2. Where is Ronnie at the opening of Act II, Scene I, Part I?
3. What does Bunny tell the audience was the best part of the war movie Corrinna was in?
4. Why do the nuns and Ronnie rush to Corrinna when she announces she has two tickets to see the Pope at Yankee Stadium?
5. What does the color blue function as in the Prologue?
6. What act does Ronnie's desire to use the bomb foreshadow?
7. Why does Bunny give Bananas guide books to Mexico?
8. What is the condition Artie gives Bunny if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
9. Is Bunny happy about the offer to go to Australia with Billy?
10. What is noted in the Prologue that will happen with Artie's dreams?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)