|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It will fill up space.
(c) It was promised.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
2. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The store.
(b) The car.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Leaves the stage.
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Speaks directly to the audience.
(d) Requests items from offstage.
4. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) She thinks religion is a hoax.
(b) Her nails are different lengths.
(c) The devil follows her around.
(d) She and the Pope had an affair.
5. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
2. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
3. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
4. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Artie tell Bananas about in Act I, Scene I?
2. What is the second box that Ronnie returns from the bedroom with?
3. What does Bananas' story about being on the snowy rooftop foreshadow?
4. Why are all of the characters acting so desperately by the end of Act II, Scene I, Part II?
5. Describe what Artie is doing in the play's Prologue.
6. When does Artie claim he gave up on Bananas and her sanity?
7. What does Bananas' dream about wandering around the house and crying illustrate for the audience?
8. Is Bunny happy about the offer to go to Australia with Billy?
9. What does Artie shout offstage for?
10. Why does Artie angrily close the piano lid on top of Bananas' fingers?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)