|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
2. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) The bars on the windows.
(b) Locks on the cabinets.
(c) Posters of great songwriters.
(d) The knives from the high shelves.
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is a terrible musician.
(c) He works at the zoo.
(d) He is a cheater.
4. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being sad.
(b) As being unstable.
(c) As being angry.
(d) As being imprisoned.
5. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
(c) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
3. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
4. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act does Ronnie's desire to use the bomb foreshadow?
2. What makes Act II, Scene I, Part II farcical?
3. What does Bunny tell the audience was the best part of the war movie Corrinna was in?
4. What is Bunny doing when we first see her in Act I, Part I?
5. What does Ronnie believe about all of the people he has encountered in his life?
6. What does the audience learn about in Act II, Scene I, Part I that links all of the characters together in the play?
7. How does Bunny convince Artie to call his friend Billy in California?
8. How is the truth about what the color blue means revealed in Act I, Part II?
9. What does Corrinna say to the audience when she arrives in Act II, Scene I, Part II?
10. Why does Artie grumble about the Pope's passing through Queens?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)