|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
(d) Her shoes.
2. What does Bunny promise to do for Artie when they reach California?
(a) Help him write his songs.
(b) Give him massages.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Cook meals for him.
3. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The way her life turned out.
(b) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(c) Her simpleness.
(d) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
4. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The dissolution of marriages.
(b) The crime in Queens.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The poverty in America.
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His money.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His desire.
(d) His love.
6. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He still loves Bananas.
(b) He will not see the Pope.
(c) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
(d) He wants to stay in Queens.
7. What is Artie's last name?
8. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
(a) When Artie describes the house Bananas can live at.
(b) When Bananas says the bars can be taken from the windows.
(c) When Bunny suggests that they stay with Billy in California.
(d) When Artie sees that Bananas has a chance of getting better.
9. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Homeless people.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) NYU students.
10. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Le Carre.
(b) John McGahern.
(c) John Guare.
(d) John Steinbeck.
11. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(a) Music and bows.
(c) Posters and markers.
12. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A dream he had.
(b) The Prologue.
(c) A club opening he played.
(d) The foreshadowed conclusion.
13. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) His fingers became arthritic.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He caught pneumonia.
(d) He lost his voice.
14. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
(c) Shock treatments.
15. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
2. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
3. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
4. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
5. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)