|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Have a spotlight.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Play an instrument.
(d) Be alone on stage.
2. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The store.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The car.
3. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Forces her into the car.
(b) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(c) Opens the windows.
(d) Turns on the television.
5. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will go into depression.
(b) She will return to normal.
(c) She will be all alone.
(d) People will laugh at her.
6. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Comedic action.
(d) Dramatic action.
7. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(b) They are the same.
(c) One is distinct from the other.
(d) The result of the line being blurred.
8. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
9. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
10. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To alert the audience to their seats.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To serenade the audience.
(d) To introduce Artie.
11. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Yells at the audience.
(b) Laughs at the audience.
(c) Ignores the audience.
(d) Stares at the audience.
12. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Hurts her.
(b) Abandons her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Rejects her.
13. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) To discuss the outline of the play.
(c) Foreshadows the play's action.
(d) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
14. Where does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are moving to?
15. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
(a) Billy is a talent agent.
(b) Billy is a record label executive.
(c) Billy knows a lot of recording artists.
(d) Billy is an accomplished director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
2. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
3. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
4. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
5. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)