|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It is too costly.
(b) It makes her uncomfortable.
(c) It is morally wrong.
(d) It is like losing her virginity.
3. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Dramatic action.
(c) Comedic action.
4. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Speak to the audience.
(b) Be alone on stage.
(c) Have a spotlight.
(d) Play an instrument.
5. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
6. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Le Carre.
(b) John Guare.
(c) John McGahern.
(d) John Steinbeck.
7. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The dissolution of marriages.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The poverty in America.
(d) The crime in Queens.
8. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The way her life turned out.
(b) Her simpleness.
(c) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(d) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
9. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(c) The audience.
10. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A strobe light.
(c) A jacket.
11. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
(a) Get better mentally.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Get surgery.
(d) Get a boyfriend.
12. What is Artie's last name?
13. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Leave his town.
(b) Kill his enemy.
(c) Turn his fantasies into reality.
(d) Find his love.
14. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
15. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(b) Comedic relief.
(c) Climactic action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
2. What does Bunny wish to happen when the Pope passes by?
3. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
4. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)