|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
(a) He scorns the Vietnam War.
(b) He says he loves Bunny.
(c) He improvises a song about the Pope.
(d) He makes fun of her.
2. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Turns on the television.
(b) Opens the windows.
(c) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(d) Forces her into the car.
3. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
(c) Her shoes.
4. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a cheater.
(b) He is mentally unstable.
(c) He is a terrible musician.
(d) He works at the zoo.
5. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
(a) She will become a famous movie star.
(b) Artie's getting a job in California.
(c) The Pope's landing.
(d) Their move to California.
6. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The store.
(b) The car.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
7. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will return to normal.
(b) She will be all alone.
(c) People will laugh at her.
(d) She will go into depression.
8. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
(a) Shock treatments.
9. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(b) Foreshadows the play's action.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) To quiet the audience.
10. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Becoming depressed.
(d) Losing grip on reality.
11. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(b) Being famous.
(c) Being rich.
(d) The Pope blessing him.
12. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) Her simpleness.
(b) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(c) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(d) The way her life turned out.
13. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) His fingers became arthritic.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He lost his voice.
(d) He caught pneumonia.
14. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A cane.
(c) A blue light.
(d) A line.
15. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(a) Posters and markers.
(d) Music and bows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
2. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
4. When does the play begin?
5. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)