|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is mentally unstable.
(c) She hates Artie.
(d) She is a bad cook.
2. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
(a) She cook for him.
(b) She sing for him.
(c) She spend the night with him.
(d) She gives him some money.
3. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) Live by herself.
(b) Move with them to California.
(c) See the Pope.
(d) Get shock treatments.
4. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(c) Comedic relief.
(d) Climactic action.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(a) Posters and markers.
(c) Music and bows.
6. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Sing along.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Clap their hands.
(d) Pay attention.
7. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
8. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His fears.
(b) His passions.
(c) His love.
(d) His dreams.
9. What kind of character is Artie?
(b) Comedic relief.
10. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
11. When Artie rescued Bananas from the rooftop in the middle of winter, what does he say happened to their relationship?
(a) He gave up on her.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He started to love her again.
(d) He got her help.
12. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
(a) Billy is a record label executive.
(b) Billy is an accomplished director.
(c) Billy is a talent agent.
(d) Billy knows a lot of recording artists.
13. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a director.
(c) He is a songwriter.
(d) He is a dancer.
14. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Kill his enemy.
(b) Leave his town.
(c) Find his love.
(d) Turn his fantasies into reality.
15. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) Locks on the cabinets.
(b) The knives from the high shelves.
(c) The bars on the windows.
(d) Posters of great songwriters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
2. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
3. What does Bunny promise to do for Artie when they reach California?
4. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)