|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
(b) A military intelligence officer.
(c) Pope Paul.
2. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His deep depression.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His longing for company.
(d) His guilt over doing wrong.
3. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(c) The audience.
6. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) One is distinct from the other.
(b) The result of the line being blurred.
(c) They are the same.
(d) The consequence of domestic abuse.
7. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A dream he had.
(b) A club opening he played.
(c) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(d) The Prologue.
8. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) He caught pneumonia.
(b) His fingers became arthritic.
(c) He lost his voice.
(d) He broke his leg.
9. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
(a) When Bunny suggests that they stay with Billy in California.
(b) When Artie describes the house Bananas can live at.
(c) When Bananas says the bars can be taken from the windows.
(d) When Artie sees that Bananas has a chance of getting better.
10. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being angry.
(b) As being sad.
(c) As being unstable.
(d) As being imprisoned.
11. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Clap their hands.
(c) Sing along.
(d) Pay attention.
12. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(d) Steamed towels.
13. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) John Le Carre.
(c) John Guare.
(d) John McGahern.
14. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He works at the zoo.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He is mentally unstable.
(d) He is a terrible musician.
15. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She flees the house.
(b) She cries all day.
(c) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
(d) She kills Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
2. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
3. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)