|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will be all alone.
(b) She will go into depression.
(c) People will laugh at her.
(d) She will return to normal.
2. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) Get shock treatments.
(b) Live by herself.
(c) See the Pope.
(d) Move with them to California.
3. What is Artie's last name?
4. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His guilt over doing wrong.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His deep depression.
(d) His longing for company.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A blue light.
(c) A line.
(d) A cane.
6. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Play an instrument.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Have a spotlight.
(d) Be alone on stage.
7. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) Halfway through the first scene.
(c) After the audience sits down.
(d) When the audience is quiet.
8. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(a) Being famous.
(b) Being rich.
(c) The Pope blessing him.
9. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Puts her to bed.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Gives her more pills.
(d) Yells at her.
10. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
11. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Laughs at the audience.
(b) Yells at the audience.
(c) Ignores the audience.
(d) Stares at the audience.
12. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
13. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) The devil follows her around.
(b) Her nails are different lengths.
(c) She thinks religion is a hoax.
(d) She and the Pope had an affair.
14. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She flees the house.
(b) She cries all day.
(c) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
(d) She kills Bunny.
15. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
(d) Her inhaler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
2. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
3. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
4. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
5. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)