|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
(a) His anger.
(b) His age.
(c) His low income.
(d) His depresion.
2. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
3. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Rejects her.
(b) Abandons her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Hurts her.
4. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will return to normal.
(b) She will go into depression.
(c) People will laugh at her.
(d) She will be all alone.
5. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His love.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His passions.
(d) His fears.
6. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a cheater.
(b) He is a terrible musician.
(c) He is mentally unstable.
(d) He works at the zoo.
7. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will lose the love of his life.
(b) He will descend into madness.
(c) He will commit a serious crime.
(d) He will achieve his goals.
8. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Gives her more pills.
(c) Puts her to bed.
(d) Yells at her.
9. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
(d) Shock treatments.
10. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The romance.
(b) The action.
(c) The comedy.
(d) The fear.
11. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
(a) He makes fun of her.
(b) He says he loves Bunny.
(c) He improvises a song about the Pope.
(d) He scorns the Vietnam War.
12. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
13. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(b) A dream he had.
(c) A club opening he played.
(d) The Prologue.
14. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She kills Bunny.
(b) She cries all day.
(c) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
(d) She flees the house.
15. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The store.
(d) The car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
2. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
3. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
4. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
5. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)