|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(c) Climactic action.
(d) Comedic relief.
2. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) Get shock treatments.
(b) Move with them to California.
(c) Live by herself.
(d) See the Pope.
3. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Turns on the television.
(b) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(c) Forces her into the car.
(d) Opens the windows.
4. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
(b) Pope Paul.
(d) A military intelligence officer.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Clap their hands.
(b) Pay attention.
(c) Sing along.
(d) Stand up.
6. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
(a) See the Pope.
(b) Go on a date.
(c) Run away.
(d) Go to the museum.
7. What does Bunny wish to happen when the Pope passes by?
(a) For Bananas to get better.
(b) For Artie to be famous.
(c) Bananas' death.
(d) A new life with Artie.
8. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She kills Bunny.
(b) She cries all day.
(c) She flees the house.
(d) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
9. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His money.
(c) His love.
(d) His desire.
10. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The store.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The car.
11. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will achieve his goals.
(b) He will lose the love of his life.
(c) He will commit a serious crime.
(d) He will descend into madness.
12. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) The knives from the high shelves.
(b) Locks on the cabinets.
(c) The bars on the windows.
(d) Posters of great songwriters.
13. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(a) Works of art.
14. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
15. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
3. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
4. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
5. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)