|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
(c) A military intelligence officer.
(d) Pope Paul.
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Clap their hands.
(d) Sing along.
4. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
5. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
6. What does Bunny give to Artie before he leaves so that it can be blessed by the Pope?
(a) His music.
(b) His keyboard.
(c) His pen.
(d) His wallet.
7. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It will fill up space.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
8. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a songwriter.
(d) He is a director.
9. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He will not see the Pope.
(b) He still loves Bananas.
(c) He wants to stay in Queens.
(d) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
10. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Army fatigues.
(b) Doctor's coat.
(c) Police uniform.
(d) Priest's robe.
11. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A dream he had.
(b) The Prologue.
(c) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(d) A club opening he played.
12. When Ronnie emerges from his room after everyone leaves, what is he carrying?
(a) His rifle.
(b) Bananas' medication.
(c) His childhood pictures.
(d) A large box.
13. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(a) Comedic relief.
(c) Climactic action.
14. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) Live by herself.
(b) See the Pope.
(c) Move with them to California.
(d) Get shock treatments.
15. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) She thinks religion is a hoax.
(b) The devil follows her around.
(c) Her nails are different lengths.
(d) She and the Pope had an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
2. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
4. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
5. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)