|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she can get more medication.
(b) If she will stop having the dream.
(c) If he has the same dream.
(d) If her dream is real.
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Pacing the stage.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Sobbing uncontrollably.
3. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(a) The audience.
4. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) After the audience sits down.
(c) Halfway through the first scene.
(d) When the audience is quiet.
5. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
(a) Their move to California.
(b) She will become a famous movie star.
(c) The Pope's landing.
(d) Artie's getting a job in California.
6. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will be all alone.
(b) People will laugh at her.
(c) She will return to normal.
(d) She will go into depression.
7. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She hates Artie.
(b) She is mentally unstable.
(c) She is a bad cook.
(d) She is a teacher.
8. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His desire.
(b) His love.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His money.
9. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(b) Her simpleness.
(c) The way her life turned out.
(d) The lack of love Artie shows her.
10. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It is like losing her virginity.
(b) It makes her uncomfortable.
(c) It is morally wrong.
(d) It is too costly.
11. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The car.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The store.
12. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Dramatic action.
(d) Comedic action.
13. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His passions.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His fears.
(d) His love.
14. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(d) Works of art.
15. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
2. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
3. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
4. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom after praying, what does she say she is ready to do?
5. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)