|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Sing along.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Clap their hands.
2. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Sergeant Ronnie.
(b) Pope Ronnie.
(c) Dr. Ronnie.
(d) Officer Ronnie.
3. What does Bunny promise to do for Artie when they reach California?
(a) Give him massages.
(b) Help him write his songs.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Cook meals for him.
4. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
(a) He improvises a song about the Pope.
(b) He scorns the Vietnam War.
(c) He says he loves Bunny.
(d) He makes fun of her.
5. When does the play begin?
(a) When the audience is quiet.
(b) Halfway through the first scene.
(c) After the audience sits down.
(d) As the audience is finding their seats.
6. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(b) The way her life turned out.
(c) Her simpleness.
(d) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
7. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
8. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To discuss the outline of the play.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(d) Foreshadows the play's action.
9. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Be alone on stage.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Play an instrument.
(d) Have a spotlight.
10. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is mentally unstable.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She hates Artie.
(d) She is a bad cook.
11. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
12. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It is like losing her virginity.
(b) It makes her uncomfortable.
(c) It is too costly.
(d) It is morally wrong.
13. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Pacing the stage.
(b) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Reciting a monologue.
14. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
(a) A sauna.
(b) A club.
(c) A movie.
(d) A restaurant.
15. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(c) They are the same.
(d) One is distinct from the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
2. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
3. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
4. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
5. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)