|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The store.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The car.
2. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
(a) He says he loves Bunny.
(b) He improvises a song about the Pope.
(c) He scorns the Vietnam War.
(d) He makes fun of her.
3. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The comedy.
(b) The action.
(c) The romance.
(d) The fear.
4. What kind of character is Artie?
(c) Comedic relief.
5. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(b) The Prologue.
(c) A dream he had.
(d) A club opening he played.
6. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
(a) Billy is a talent agent.
(b) Billy is a record label executive.
(c) Billy knows a lot of recording artists.
(d) Billy is an accomplished director.
7. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Yells at the audience.
(b) Ignores the audience.
(c) Stares at the audience.
(d) Laughs at the audience.
8. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
9. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) The bars on the windows.
(b) Posters of great songwriters.
(c) Locks on the cabinets.
(d) The knives from the high shelves.
10. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
(a) Write a letter to the Pope.
(b) Reconnect with relatives.
(c) Move out on her own.
(d) Kiss the Pope's hem on TV.
11. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
12. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His deep depression.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His longing for company.
(d) His guilt over doing wrong.
13. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It was promised.
(b) It will fill up space.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
14. What do Artie and Bunny argue over when she brings up their friend Billy in California?
(a) Who will pay for the tickets.
(b) Who is closer to Billy.
(c) Where Bananas will go.
(d) If they should stay with Billy or in a hotel.
15. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It makes her uncomfortable.
(b) It is morally wrong.
(c) It is too costly.
(d) It is like losing her virginity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
4. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
5. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)