|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
(c) Shock treatments.
2. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
3. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
(a) His low income.
(b) His age.
(c) His depresion.
(d) His anger.
4. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) Locks on the cabinets.
(b) Posters of great songwriters.
(c) The bars on the windows.
(d) The knives from the high shelves.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A line.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A blue light.
(d) A cane.
6. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(b) A jacket.
(c) A strobe light.
7. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He works at the zoo.
(b) He is a terrible musician.
(c) He is a cheater.
(d) He is mentally unstable.
8. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
(a) Get better mentally.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Get surgery.
(d) Get a boyfriend.
9. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(b) The Pope blessing him.
(c) Being famous.
(d) Being rich.
10. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Opens the windows.
(b) Forces her into the car.
(c) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(d) Turns on the television.
11. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To serenade the audience.
(b) To alert the audience to their seats.
(c) To quiet the audience.
(d) To introduce Artie.
12. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
13. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
14. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
15. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
(a) The Pope.
(b) An animal at the zoo.
(c) The Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
2. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
3. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
5. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)