|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a songwriter.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a talent scout.
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will return to normal.
(b) She will be all alone.
(c) She will go into depression.
(d) People will laugh at her.
4. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It makes her uncomfortable.
(b) It is morally wrong.
(c) It is like losing her virginity.
(d) It is too costly.
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Kill his enemy.
(b) Find his love.
(c) Leave his town.
(d) Turn his fantasies into reality.
6. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
(b) Long Island.
7. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
8. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Dr. Ronnie.
(b) Pope Ronnie.
(c) Officer Ronnie.
(d) Sergeant Ronnie.
9. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Lack of love.
10. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(b) The result of the line being blurred.
(c) They are the same.
(d) One is distinct from the other.
11. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His delusions.
(b) His guilt over doing wrong.
(c) His deep depression.
(d) His longing for company.
12. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
(a) Get surgery.
(b) Get better mentally.
(c) Get a boyfriend.
(d) Get a divorce.
13. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The store.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The car.
(d) The bedroom.
14. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A club opening he played.
(b) A dream he had.
(c) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(d) The Prologue.
15. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
2. What does Bunny claim that Artie was afraid of until he met her?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
4. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
5. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)