|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Act I, Part II, how does Artie act in terms of Bananas?
2. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) Her simpleness.
(b) The way her life turned out.
(c) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(d) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
3. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
4. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom after praying, what does she say she is ready to do?
(a) Fix her marriage.
(b) Go out.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Get help.
5. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(b) A dream he had.
(c) The Prologue.
(d) A club opening he played.
6. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Speaks directly to the audience.
(b) Leaves the stage.
(c) Talks to himself.
(d) Requests items from offstage.
7. Where does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are moving to?
8. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Lack of love.
9. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His longing for company.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His deep depression.
(d) His guilt over doing wrong.
10. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
(a) She cook for him.
(b) She spend the night with him.
(c) She sing for him.
(d) She gives him some money.
11. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
(a) He improvises a song about the Pope.
(b) He says he loves Bunny.
(c) He makes fun of her.
(d) He scorns the Vietnam War.
12. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(a) Steamed towels.
13. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
(b) He will not see the Pope.
(c) He wants to stay in Queens.
(d) He still loves Bananas.
14. Why does Bunny claim that Billy could help Artie find work as a composer?
(a) Billy is an accomplished director.
(b) Billy is a talent agent.
(c) Billy knows a lot of recording artists.
(d) Billy is a record label executive.
15. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is in opposition to the war.
(b) He is a man on the edge.
(c) The increase of domestic violence.
(d) The intolerance toward mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
3. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
5. What is Artie's last name?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)