|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) Locks on the cabinets.
(b) The knives from the high shelves.
(c) The bars on the windows.
(d) Posters of great songwriters.
2. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
(a) When Artie sees that Bananas has a chance of getting better.
(b) When Artie describes the house Bananas can live at.
(c) When Bananas says the bars can be taken from the windows.
(d) When Bunny suggests that they stay with Billy in California.
3. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
4. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The car.
(d) The store.
5. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(b) The way her life turned out.
(c) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(d) Her simpleness.
6. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
7. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) His fingers became arthritic.
(b) He caught pneumonia.
(c) He lost his voice.
(d) He broke his leg.
8. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If he has the same dream.
(b) If her dream is real.
(c) If she will stop having the dream.
(d) If she can get more medication.
9. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He wants to stay in Queens.
(b) He still loves Bananas.
(c) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
(d) He will not see the Pope.
10. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom after praying, what does she say she is ready to do?
(a) Fix her marriage.
(b) Get help.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Go out.
11. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(a) Works of art.
12. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Turns on the television.
(b) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
(c) Opens the windows.
(d) Forces her into the car.
13. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) They are the same.
(c) One is distinct from the other.
(d) The consequence of domestic abuse.
14. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Lack of love.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Becoming depressed.
15. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The action.
(b) The fear.
(c) The comedy.
(d) The romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
2. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Bunny give to Artie before he leaves so that it can be blessed by the Pope?
5. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)