|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His fears.
(b) His passions.
(c) His love.
(d) His dreams.
2. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It will make the audience laugh.
(d) It will fill up space.
3. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Losing grip on reality.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Committing a crime.
(d) Lack of love.
4. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
5. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) The bars on the windows.
(b) The knives from the high shelves.
(c) Posters of great songwriters.
(d) Locks on the cabinets.
6. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His money.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His love.
(d) His desire.
7. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
(a) His age.
(b) His anger.
(c) His low income.
(d) His depresion.
8. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
(a) Long Island.
9. What does Bunny want Bananas to do if she were to move to the country in the guide books?
(a) Get surgery.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Get better mentally.
(d) Get a boyfriend.
10. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(c) Steamed towels.
11. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) Stares at the audience.
(b) Ignores the audience.
(c) Yells at the audience.
(d) Laughs at the audience.
12. When Artie rescued Bananas from the rooftop in the middle of winter, what does he say happened to their relationship?
(a) He took care of her.
(b) He got her help.
(c) He started to love her again.
(d) He gave up on her.
13. What is Artie's last name?
14. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
15. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) See the Pope.
(b) Live by herself.
(c) Get shock treatments.
(d) Move with them to California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
2. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
3. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
5. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)