1. Describe what Artie is doing in the play's Prologue.
Artie is playing piano and singing as the audience wanders in to their seats. He is trying to get the audience to be quiet and pay attention.
2. What does Artie shout offstage for?
Artie shouts offstage for a blue spotlight, which he claims he was promised.
3. What does the Prologue do?
The Prologue introduces Artie's character and also reveals to the audience that he is an amateur singer and songwriter.
4. Is Artie eager for success? If so, how can you tell?
Yes. Artie repeatedly tries to quiet the audience so they will listen to him, and he requests his own spotlight.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue that all of the other characters will also do?
Artie speaks directly to the audience in a unconventional way. Throughout the play, each character will do this.
This section contains 2,201 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)