|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to herself, who does Bananas plead with Billy to help?
(d) The Little Nun.
2. What does the Little Nun tell the audience is a metaphor for life?
(b) A bomb.
(c) A stage.
(d) An orchard.
3. Ronnie goes on to tell a story about Billy coming to visit his family while he is casting for what movie?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
(d) Oliver Twist.
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) Foreshadows the play's action.
5. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Pacing the stage.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Sobbing uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are moving to?
2. What does Ronnie actually have in common with all of the other characters that is revealed in his speech?
3. What does Bananas claim she is still angry at Artie for?
4. What does Bananas try to fry in the kitchen while the nuns try to talk with Corrinna?
5. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)