|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) John McGahern.
(c) John Guare.
(d) John Le Carre.
2. When Bunny rushes into the room after Artie and Bananas pray, what is she excited about?
(a) Their move to California.
(b) Artie's getting a job in California.
(c) The Pope's landing.
(d) She will become a famous movie star.
3. Why is Billy in Artie's apartment, sobbing, at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) He has come to help Bananas.
(b) He has come to profess his love for Bunny.
(c) He has come to help Artie move.
(d) He has come to retrieve Corrinna's body.
4. What does Artie tell Billy about Corrinna's death?
(a) It was meant to be.
(b) It was horrific.
(c) It was quick and painless.
(d) It was on the news.
5. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronnie's homemade concoction from the box he carries onto the stage symbolize?
2. Why does Bananas tell Artie not to be disrespectful at the beginning of Act I, Part II?
3. What does Corrinna drop when she sees the three nuns at the window?
4. Who comes out of the bedroom holding the tickets after the MP arrives?
5. What does Corrinna do when the MP arrives, mistaking him for someone else?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)