|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artie yearn to be noticed?
(a) He obsesses over becoming a songwriter.
(b) He wants his wife blessed by the Pope.
(c) He has an affair right in front of his wife.
(d) He declares he is moving to California.
2. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Requests items from offstage.
(c) Leaves the stage.
(d) Speaks directly to the audience.
3. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will make the audience laugh.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will fill up space.
4. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
(a) Climactic action.
(b) Comedic relief.
5. How has Artie ignored Ronnie throughout Ronnie's life?
(a) Having to take care of Bananas.
(b) His job at the zoo.
(c) His obsession with songwriting.
(d) His affair with Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy frustrated with Ronnie when he walks through the door, according to Ronnie's story?
2. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
3. When Ronnie runs back into his bedroom, what does he bring back out with him?
4. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
5. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)