|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy call Ronnie after Ronnie's display in the apartment, according to Ronnie's story?
(a) Talentless hack.
(b) Absolutely wretched.
(c) Feeble minded.
(d) Mentally retarded.
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom after praying, what does she say she is ready to do?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Get help.
(c) Fix her marriage.
(d) Go out.
3. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Homeless people.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) NYU students.
4. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Be alone on stage.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Play an instrument.
(d) Have a spotlight.
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Lack of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronnie actually have in common with all of the other characters that is revealed in his speech?
2. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
4. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)