|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas throw at Artie and Bunny after Artie gets off the phone with Billy?
(d) Her shoes.
2. What is Ronnie's speech an example of?
(b) Falling action.
(d) Rising action.
3. How has Artie ignored Ronnie throughout Ronnie's life?
(a) His affair with Bunny.
(b) His job at the zoo.
(c) His obsession with songwriting.
(d) Having to take care of Bananas.
4. The purpose of Act II, Scene I, Part I is to create what?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) Foreshadows the play's action.
(d) To discuss the outline of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
3. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
4. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
5. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)