|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronnie take out of the box he is holding?
(c) Land mines.
2. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
(a) Posters of great songwriters.
(b) The bars on the windows.
(c) Locks on the cabinets.
(d) The knives from the high shelves.
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is a songwriter.
(c) He is a talent scout.
(d) He is a director.
4. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) NYU students.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) The United Nations.
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Losing grip on reality.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Committing a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
4. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does Ronnie do after Billy calls him the hurtful name?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)