|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Speak to the audience.
(b) Be alone on stage.
(c) Have a spotlight.
(d) Play an instrument.
2. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
(a) She will return to normal.
(b) People will laugh at her.
(c) She will go into depression.
(d) She will be all alone.
4. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) His fingers became arthritic.
(b) He lost his voice.
(c) He caught pneumonia.
(d) He broke his leg.
5. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) She and the Pope had an affair.
(b) Her nails are different lengths.
(c) The devil follows her around.
(d) She thinks religion is a hoax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
2. What is Bananas worried that the new house Artie has found for her to live in has?
3. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
4. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
5. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)