|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
2. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
(a) She walks hand in hand with Artie.
(b) She flees the house.
(c) She kills Bunny.
(d) She cries all day.
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Speaks directly to the audience.
(b) Requests items from offstage.
(c) Leaves the stage.
(d) Talks to himself.
4. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His money.
(b) His desire.
(c) His love.
(d) His dreams.
5. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(b) Being famous.
(c) Being rich.
(d) The Pope blessing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
2. When does the play begin?
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
4. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
5. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)