|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The comedy.
(b) The fear.
(c) The romance.
(d) The action.
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(c) Music and bows.
(d) Posters and markers.
3. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The crime in Queens.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The poverty in America.
(d) The dissolution of marriages.
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is a talent scout.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a songwriter.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Leaves the stage.
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Speaks directly to the audience.
(d) Requests items from offstage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
2. Ronnie's appearance at the end of Act I, Part II is an example of what?
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
5. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)