|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A movie.
(c) A sauna.
(d) A club.
3. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A strobe light.
(d) A jacket.
4. What does Artie say happened to him after he rescued Bananas from a rooftop in the middle of winter?
(a) He caught pneumonia.
(b) His fingers became arthritic.
(c) He lost his voice.
(d) He broke his leg.
5. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(b) Being rich.
(c) Being famous.
(d) The Pope blessing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
2. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
4. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)