|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie suggest Bananas do in order to make her prayers come true?
(a) Kiss the Pope's hem on TV.
(b) Move out on her own.
(c) Reconnect with relatives.
(d) Write a letter to the Pope.
2. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If her dream is real.
(b) If he has the same dream.
(c) If she will stop having the dream.
(d) If she can get more medication.
3. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being angry.
(b) As being imprisoned.
(c) As being unstable.
(d) As being sad.
4. Where does Artie tell Billy he met Bunny for the first time?
(a) A sauna.
(b) A movie.
(c) A club.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Guare.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) John Le Carre.
(d) John McGahern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
3. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
4. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
5. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)