|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunny give to Artie before he leaves so that it can be blessed by the Pope?
(a) His music.
(b) His pen.
(c) His keyboard.
(d) His wallet.
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a songwriter.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A blue light.
(b) A line.
(c) A cane.
(d) A microphone.
5. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
(a) He wants to stay in Queens.
(b) He still loves Bananas.
(c) He wants to help Bananas one last time.
(d) He will not see the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
2. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
3. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)