|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The poverty in America.
(c) The dissolution of marriages.
(d) The crime in Queens.
2. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
3. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will make the audience laugh.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It will fill up space.
(d) It is necessary.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Requests items from offstage.
(b) Speaks directly to the audience.
(c) Talks to himself.
(d) Leaves the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
2. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
4. Why is Bunny angry with Artie at the end of Act I, Part II?
5. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)