|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. When does the play begin?
(a) After the audience sits down.
(b) As the audience is finding their seats.
(c) When the audience is quiet.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
3. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
(a) Get shock treatments.
(b) See the Pope.
(c) Move with them to California.
(d) Live by herself.
4. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He is a terrible musician.
(d) He works at the zoo.
5. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Army fatigues.
(b) Priest's robe.
(c) Doctor's coat.
(d) Police uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas think will happen if she does what Artie asks her to do?
2. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
3. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
4. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
5. What does Bananas pretend to be when Artie fixes her breakfast?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)