|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His passions.
(c) His fears.
(d) His love.
2. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) Her simpleness.
(b) The way her life turned out.
(c) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(d) The lack of love Artie shows her.
3. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It will fill up space.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
5. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being angry.
(b) As being unstable.
(c) As being imprisoned.
(d) As being sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
2. What does Artie ask Bananas to do that he thinks could heal her?
3. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)