|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He works at the zoo.
(d) He is a terrible musician.
3. What does Bunny give to Artie before he leaves so that it can be blessed by the Pope?
(a) His music.
(b) His pen.
(c) His keyboard.
(d) His wallet.
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will make the audience laugh.
(b) It will fill up space.
(c) It was promised.
(d) It is necessary.
5. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
2. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
3. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
4. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
5. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)