|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Army fatigues.
(b) Priest's robe.
(c) Doctor's coat.
(d) Police uniform.
2. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The dissolution of marriages.
(c) The crime in Queens.
(d) The poverty in America.
3. When is the title of the play mentioned during Act I, Part II?
(a) When Bunny suggests that they stay with Billy in California.
(b) When Bananas says the bars can be taken from the windows.
(c) When Artie sees that Bananas has a chance of getting better.
(d) When Artie describes the house Bananas can live at.
4. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(c) The audience.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Requests items from offstage.
(c) Speaks directly to the audience.
(d) Leaves the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
2. What kind of character is Artie?
3. What is Artie's last name?
4. What does Bananas say they can take down if Artie is not going to kill himself after all?
5. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)