|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will commit a serious crime.
(b) He will descend into madness.
(c) He will achieve his goals.
(d) He will lose the love of his life.
2. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
3. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A strobe light.
(b) A jacket.
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To alert the audience to their seats.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To serenade the audience.
(d) To introduce Artie.
5. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
2. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
5. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)