|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A line.
(b) A blue light.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A cane.
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(c) Comedic action.
(d) Dramatic action.
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If he has the same dream.
(b) If her dream is real.
(c) If she will stop having the dream.
(d) If she can get more medication.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(a) Music and bows.
(d) Posters and markers.
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
3. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
4. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)