|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Hurts her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Rejects her.
2. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Lack of love.
3. What is Artie's last name?
4. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The romance.
(b) The action.
(c) The comedy.
(d) The fear.
5. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Officer Ronnie.
(b) Pope Ronnie.
(c) Dr. Ronnie.
(d) Sergeant Ronnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
5. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)