|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is in opposition to the war.
(b) He is a man on the edge.
(c) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(d) The increase of domestic violence.
2. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Le Carre.
(b) John McGahern.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) John Guare.
3. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(b) Her simpleness.
(c) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(d) The way her life turned out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
3. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
4. What kind of character is Artie?
5. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)