|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) To alert the audience to their seats.
(c) To serenade the audience.
(d) To introduce Artie.
2. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A blue light.
(b) A line.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A cane.
4. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(c) One is distinct from the other.
(d) They are the same.
5. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she can get more medication.
(b) If her dream is real.
(c) If she will stop having the dream.
(d) If he has the same dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
3. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
4. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
5. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)