|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
(a) See the Pope.
(b) Go to the museum.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Run away.
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Clap their hands.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Sing along.
3. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
4. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Le Carre.
(b) John McGahern.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) John Guare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
3. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)