|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The crime in Queens.
(c) The poverty in America.
(d) The dissolution of marriages.
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
5. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) She and the Pope had an affair.
(b) Her nails are different lengths.
(c) She thinks religion is a hoax.
(d) The devil follows her around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
2. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
4. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)