|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) The foreshadowed conclusion.
(b) A dream he had.
(c) The Prologue.
(d) A club opening he played.
2. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His fears.
(b) His passions.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His love.
3. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Puts her to bed.
(d) Gives her more pills.
4. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) They are the same.
(b) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(c) The result of the line being blurred.
(d) One is distinct from the other.
5. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
3. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
4. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
5. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)