|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(b) Works of art.
2. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Insults her.
(b) Rejects her.
(c) Hurts her.
(d) Abandons her.
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Sing along.
(b) Pay attention.
(c) Clap their hands.
(d) Stand up.
4. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Guare.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) John Le Carre.
(d) John McGahern.
5. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
2. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
4. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
5. When does the play begin?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)