|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is in opposition to the war.
(b) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(c) The increase of domestic violence.
(d) He is a man on the edge.
2. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
3. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The fear.
(b) The action.
(c) The romance.
(d) The comedy.
4. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Leaves the stage.
(c) Requests items from offstage.
(d) Speaks directly to the audience.
5. What kind of character is Artie?
(a) Comedic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
2. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
3. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)