|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His love.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His desire.
(d) His money.
2. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
(a) His depresion.
(b) His age.
(c) His anger.
(d) His low income.
3. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
(a) She cook for him.
(b) She sing for him.
(c) She gives him some money.
(d) She spend the night with him.
4. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is a man on the edge.
(b) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(c) He is in opposition to the war.
(d) The increase of domestic violence.
5. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A jacket.
(d) A strobe light.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
2. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
5. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)