|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) John Guare.
(c) John Le Carre.
(d) John McGahern.
2. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is a terrible musician.
(c) He is a cheater.
(d) He works at the zoo.
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a songwriter.
5. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is a bad cook.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She hates Artie.
(d) She is mentally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
5. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)