|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Play an instrument.
(b) Have a spotlight.
(c) Speak to the audience.
(d) Be alone on stage.
2. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Speaks directly to the audience.
(c) Requests items from offstage.
(d) Leaves the stage.
3. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
(a) Long Island.
4. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A club opening he played.
(b) A dream he had.
(c) The Prologue.
(d) The foreshadowed conclusion.
5. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John McGahern.
(b) John Le Carre.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) John Guare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
2. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)