|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will lose the love of his life.
(b) He will achieve his goals.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will commit a serious crime.
2. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Insults her.
(b) Hurts her.
(c) Rejects her.
(d) Abandons her.
3. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His desire.
(b) His love.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
2. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
3. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
5. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)