|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Gives her more pills.
(b) Puts her to bed.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Slaps her.
2. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
(a) Works of art.
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Be alone on stage.
(b) Have a spotlight.
(c) Speak to the audience.
(d) Play an instrument.
4. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Homeless people.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) NYU students.
5. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
5. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)