|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
2. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Puts her to bed.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Gives her more pills.
(d) Yells at her.
3. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) After the audience sits down.
(c) Halfway through the first scene.
(d) When the audience is quiet.
4. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The crime in Queens.
(c) The poverty in America.
(d) The dissolution of marriages.
5. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Hurts her.
(b) Abandons her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Rejects her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
2. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
3. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
5. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)