|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of character is Artie?
(b) Comedic relief.
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
(a) It makes her uncomfortable.
(b) It is like losing her virginity.
(c) It is morally wrong.
(d) It is too costly.
3. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His passions.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His love.
(d) His fears.
4. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) They are the same.
(b) One is distinct from the other.
(c) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(d) The result of the line being blurred.
5. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(b) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(c) The way her life turned out.
(d) Her simpleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
3. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
5. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)