|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It will fill up space.
(c) It will make the audience laugh.
(d) It was promised.
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is a bad cook.
(b) She is mentally unstable.
(c) She hates Artie.
(d) She is a teacher.
3. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
(a) Go to the museum.
(b) Go on a date.
(c) Run away.
(d) See the Pope.
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Puts her to bed.
(c) Gives her more pills.
(d) Yells at her.
5. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(c) One is distinct from the other.
(d) They are the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
2. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
3. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
4. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
5. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)