|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
2. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
(b) Her inhaler.
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His longing for company.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His guilt over doing wrong.
(d) His deep depression.
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)