|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Becoming depressed.
(d) Losing grip on reality.
2. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
3. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being imprisoned.
(b) As being sad.
(c) As being angry.
(d) As being unstable.
4. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A strobe light.
(d) A jacket.
5. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Priest's robe.
(b) Police uniform.
(c) Army fatigues.
(d) Doctor's coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)