|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The romance.
(b) The comedy.
(c) The fear.
(d) The action.
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(c) Reciting a monologue.
(d) Pacing the stage.
3. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is Artie's last name?
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Kill his enemy.
(b) Leave his town.
(c) Find his love.
(d) Turn his fantasies into reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What kind of character is Artie?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)