|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It was promised.
(b) It will fill up space.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
2. What kind of character is Artie?
(c) Comedic relief.
3. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
4. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Requests items from offstage.
(b) Speaks directly to the audience.
(c) Leaves the stage.
(d) Talks to himself.
5. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Pacing the stage.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Sobbing uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
2. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
4. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What is Artie's last name?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)