|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Clap their hands.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Sing along.
(d) Pay attention.
2. What kind of character is Artie?
(d) Comedic relief.
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a talent scout.
(b) He is a songwriter.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a dancer.
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
3. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
4. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)