|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the play begin?
(a) When the audience is quiet.
(b) After the audience sits down.
(c) As the audience is finding their seats.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Comedic action.
(b) Dramatic action.
3. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
4. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(b) Music and bows.
(c) Posters and markers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
4. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
5. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)