|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of character is Artie?
(b) Comedic relief.
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(b) A jacket.
(d) A strobe light.
4. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His love.
(c) His passions.
(d) His fears.
5. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
4. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)