|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Speak to the audience.
(b) Have a spotlight.
(c) Be alone on stage.
(d) Play an instrument.
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Foreshadows the play's action.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) To quiet the audience.
(d) To discuss the outline of the play.
3. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) When the audience is quiet.
(c) Halfway through the first scene.
(d) After the audience sits down.
4. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will lose the love of his life.
(b) He will achieve his goals.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will commit a serious crime.
5. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Pacing the stage.
(d) Sobbing uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
3. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
4. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
5. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)