|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Pacing the stage.
(c) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) Reciting a monologue.
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His delusions.
(b) His longing for company.
(c) His deep depression.
(d) His guilt over doing wrong.
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Comedic action.
(c) Dramatic action.
5. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Be alone on stage.
(b) Have a spotlight.
(c) Play an instrument.
(d) Speak to the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What kind of character is Artie?
3. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
4. When does the play begin?
5. What is Artie's last name?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)