|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Be alone on stage.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Have a spotlight.
(d) Play an instrument.
2. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Reciting a monologue.
(b) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Pacing the stage.
4. What kind of character is Artie?
(b) Comedic relief.
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To serenade the audience.
(b) To alert the audience to their seats.
(c) To quiet the audience.
(d) To introduce Artie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artie's last name?
2. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)