|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To alert the audience to their seats.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To introduce Artie.
(d) To serenade the audience.
2. What kind of character is Artie?
(d) Comedic relief.
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Pacing the stage.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) Playing the piano.
4. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
5. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(b) A jacket.
(d) A strobe light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
2. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
3. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)