|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Sing along.
(b) Clap their hands.
(c) Pay attention.
(d) Stand up.
2. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a songwriter.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a talent scout.
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) To introduce Artie.
(c) To serenade the audience.
(d) To alert the audience to their seats.
4. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His love.
(c) His desire.
(d) His money.
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Turn his fantasies into reality.
(b) Kill his enemy.
(c) Find his love.
(d) Leave his town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
2. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
3. What kind of character is Artie?
4. When does the play begin?
5. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)