|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) Pacing the stage.
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Comedic action.
(c) Dramatic action.
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(b) Music and bows.
(d) Posters and markers.
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a songwriter.
(b) He is a director.
(c) He is a talent scout.
(d) He is a dancer.
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) Foreshadows the play's action.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
2. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
3. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
4. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
5. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)