|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Foreshadows the play's action.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) To quiet the audience.
2. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a director.
(b) He is a songwriter.
(c) He is a talent scout.
(d) He is a dancer.
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Play an instrument.
(b) Speak to the audience.
(c) Be alone on stage.
(d) Have a spotlight.
4. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Guare.
(b) John Le Carre.
(c) John McGahern.
(d) John Steinbeck.
5. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will achieve his goals.
(b) He will commit a serious crime.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will lose the love of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
3. When does the play begin?
4. What is Artie's last name?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)