|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Dramatic action.
(d) Comedic action.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The fear.
(b) The action.
(c) The romance.
(d) The comedy.
3. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will commit a serious crime.
(b) He will lose the love of his life.
(c) He will achieve his goals.
(d) He will descend into madness.
4. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) After the audience sits down.
(c) When the audience is quiet.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
5. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
2. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
3. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
4. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)