|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Lack of love.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Committing a crime.
2. What is Artie's last name?
3. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His desire.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His love.
(d) His money.
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will fill up space.
(b) It will make the audience laugh.
(c) It was promised.
(d) It is necessary.
5. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being unstable.
(b) As being imprisoned.
(c) As being angry.
(d) As being sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of character is Artie?
2. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
4. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)