|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will commit a serious crime.
(b) He will lose the love of his life.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will achieve his goals.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The fear.
(b) The comedy.
(c) The romance.
(d) The action.
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Leaves the stage.
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Requests items from offstage.
(d) Speaks directly to the audience.
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a songwriter.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is a talent scout.
(d) He is a director.
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His love.
(b) His desire.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
2. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
4. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)