|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of character is Artie?
(b) Comedic relief.
2. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a director.
(b) He is a songwriter.
(c) He is a talent scout.
(d) He is a dancer.
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Foreshadows the play's action.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) To quiet the audience.
(d) To discuss the outline of the play.
4. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(c) Reciting a monologue.
(d) Pacing the stage.
5. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
2. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
3. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
4. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)