|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Losing grip on reality.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Committing a crime.
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Comedic action.
(b) Dramatic action.
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) Foreshadows the play's action.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
4. When does the play begin?
(a) When the audience is quiet.
(b) As the audience is finding their seats.
(c) After the audience sits down.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
5. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
2. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
3. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
4. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)