|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(b) Posters and markers.
(c) Music and bows.
2. When does the play begin?
(a) As the audience is finding their seats.
(b) When the audience is quiet.
(c) After the audience sits down.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
3. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will commit a serious crime.
(b) He will lose the love of his life.
(c) He will descend into madness.
(d) He will achieve his goals.
4. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is a talent scout.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a songwriter.
5. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
3. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)