|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Sing along.
(b) Pay attention.
(c) Clap their hands.
(d) Stand up.
3. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Kill his enemy.
(b) Turn his fantasies into reality.
(c) Find his love.
(d) Leave his town.
4. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Guare.
(b) John Le Carre.
(c) John McGahern.
(d) John Steinbeck.
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Dramatic action.
(c) Comedic action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
4. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)