|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His money.
(b) His desire.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His love.
2. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
(a) He will descend into madness.
(b) He will lose the love of his life.
(c) He will commit a serious crime.
(d) He will achieve his goals.
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Requests items from offstage.
(c) Speaks directly to the audience.
(d) Leaves the stage.
4. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Committing a crime.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Lack of love.
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(a) Dramatic action.
(b) Comedic action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
4. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)