|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To introduce Artie.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To alert the audience to their seats.
(d) To serenade the audience.
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The action.
(b) The fear.
(c) The romance.
(d) The comedy.
3. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His fears.
(b) His love.
(c) His passions.
(d) His dreams.
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will fill up space.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It will make the audience laugh.
(d) It is necessary.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Requests items from offstage.
(b) Leaves the stage.
(c) Talks to himself.
(d) Speaks directly to the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
3. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What is Artie's last name?
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)