Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the play begin?
(a) When the audience is quiet.
(b) As the audience is finding their seats.
(c) After the audience sits down.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To quiet the audience.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) Foreshadows the play's action.
(d) To discuss the outline of the play.
3. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
(a) His desire.
(b) His love.
(c) His money.
(d) His dreams.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
(c) Music and bows.
(d) Posters and markers.
5. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What is foreshadowed in the Prologue that will happen to Artie towards the end of the play?
4. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
5. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)