|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
(a) Speak to the audience.
(b) Be alone on stage.
(c) Play an instrument.
(d) Have a spotlight.
2. Who does Artie comment about to the audience, saying they look very nice?
(b) Bunny and Bananas.
(c) Bunny and Artie.
3. Why is Billy frustrated with Ronnie when he walks through the door, according to Ronnie's story?
(a) He has already cast the part.
(b) He hates children.
(c) He only wants peace and quiet.
(d) He cannot cast someone he knows.
4. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) One is distinct from the other.
(c) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(d) They are the same.
5. What does Artie do so that Bananas can see the Pope?
(a) Opens the windows.
(b) Turns on the television.
(c) Forces her into the car.
(d) Gives her a stuffed animal and calls it the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
2. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
4. What does Ronnie do at the center of the stage at the end of Act I, Part II?
5. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)