|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(b) The audience.
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A cane.
(b) A blue light.
(c) A line.
(d) A microphone.
4. What does Billy call Ronnie after Ronnie's display in the apartment, according to Ronnie's story?
(a) Talentless hack.
(b) Feeble minded.
(c) Absolutely wretched.
(d) Mentally retarded.
5. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Officer Ronnie.
(b) Dr. Ronnie.
(c) Sergeant Ronnie.
(d) Pope Ronnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronnie say in his speech that everyone from his father to his commanding officer think of him?
2. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
3. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
4. When Ronnie runs back into his bedroom, what does he bring back out with him?
5. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)