|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being sad.
(b) As being imprisoned.
(c) As being angry.
(d) As being unstable.
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Pacing the stage.
(d) Playing the piano.
4. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
(a) The car.
(b) The store.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
5. What is the second song Artie improvises in Act I, Part II about?
(b) Being rich.
(c) Being famous.
(d) The Pope blessing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
3. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
4. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)