|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Rejects her.
(b) Insults her.
(c) Hurts her.
(d) Abandons her.
2. To what country does Bunny hand Bananas guide books for?
3. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
(a) His guilt over doing wrong.
(b) His delusions.
(c) His deep depression.
(d) His longing for company.
4. What are the nuns doing when Ronnie makes his announcement in Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2?
(a) Taking pictures with Corrinna.
(b) Trying to leave.
(c) Saying their rosaries.
(d) Watching TV.
5. Why does Ronnie desperately want to audition for Billy's movie?
(a) He wants to make Artie proud.
(b) He thinks he is the perfect boy.
(c) He wants the money for Bananas' medicine.
(d) He wants to leave his parents forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
2. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
3. When Ronnie emerges from his room after everyone leaves, what is he carrying?
4. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
5. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)