|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Hurts her.
(b) Rejects her.
(c) Insults her.
(d) Abandons her.
2. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(b) Her simpleness.
(c) The way her life turned out.
(d) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
3. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Police uniform.
(b) Priest's robe.
(c) Army fatigues.
(d) Doctor's coat.
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Foreshadows the play's action.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) To discuss the outline of the play.
(d) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
5. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being imprisoned.
(b) As being sad.
(c) As being angry.
(d) As being unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the Pope be a symbol of for Artie and the rest of the characters as the play progresses?
2. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play gather up before exiting the stage?
3. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
4. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)