|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) John Le Carre.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) John McGahern.
(d) John Guare.
2. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(c) A jacket.
(d) A strobe light.
3. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
4. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
(d) Her inhaler.
5. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is a talent scout.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is a songwriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
3. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
5. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)