|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) The intolerance toward mental illness.
(b) He is in opposition to the war.
(c) He is a man on the edge.
(d) The increase of domestic violence.
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she can get more medication.
(b) If her dream is real.
(c) If she will stop having the dream.
(d) If he has the same dream.
4. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(d) Steamed towels.
5. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Pope Ronnie.
(b) Officer Ronnie.
(c) Sergeant Ronnie.
(d) Dr. Ronnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
3. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
4. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
5. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)