|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
(b) A military intelligence officer.
(d) Pope Paul.
2. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It was promised.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It will fill up space.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
3. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
(a) The action.
(b) The fear.
(c) The comedy.
(d) The romance.
4. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A jacket.
(c) A strobe light.
5. What is insinuated that Artie will attempt to do as the play unfolds?
(a) Leave his town.
(b) Turn his fantasies into reality.
(c) Find his love.
(d) Kill his enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artie's last name?
2. What kind of character is Artie?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
4. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)