|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She hates Artie.
(c) She is mentally unstable.
(d) She is a bad cook.
3. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
4. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(c) Comedic action.
(d) Dramatic action.
5. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
2. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
3. Artie agrees to see the Pope with Bunny on one condition. What is that condition?
4. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
5. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)