|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His love.
(c) His passions.
(d) His fears.
2. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Pacing the stage.
(d) Playing the piano.
3. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Losing grip on reality.
4. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will fill up space.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
5. Who does Artie address while he is talking about the Pope?
(b) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
2. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
3. What does Bunny accuse Artie of having no sense of at the beginning of Act I?
4. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
5. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)