|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
(a) She thinks religion is a hoax.
(b) She and the Pope had an affair.
(c) The devil follows her around.
(d) Her nails are different lengths.
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Dramatic action.
(d) Comedic action.
3. What does Artie explain that the Pope is going to address while he is in Queens?
(a) The crime in Queens.
(b) The poverty in America.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The dissolution of marriages.
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Puts her to bed.
(d) Gives her more pills.
5. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Requests items from offstage.
(b) Leaves the stage.
(c) Speaks directly to the audience.
(d) Talks to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the play will Artie's attempt to reach his goals affect?
2. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
3. What does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves reveal about Artie?
4. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
5. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)