|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The way her life turned out.
(b) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(c) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(d) Her simpleness.
2. What does Artie force down Bananas' throat in order to calm her down?
(a) Her inhaler.
3. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) Homeless people.
(b) The mayor.
(c) NYU students.
(d) The United Nations.
4. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It was promised.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It will fill up space.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
2. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
3. What will be taken away from Artie in the final moments of the play?
4. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)