|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He works at the zoo.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He is a terrible musician.
(d) He is mentally unstable.
2. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
(a) His passions.
(b) His love.
(c) His fears.
(d) His dreams.
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she will stop having the dream.
(b) If her dream is real.
(c) If she can get more medication.
(d) If he has the same dream.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A blue light.
(c) A line.
(d) A cane.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Clap their hands.
(c) Pay attention.
(d) Sing along.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolic colorization utilized in the Prologue supposed to be a result of for Artie?
2. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
3. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
4. Why won't Bunny agree to the condition that Artie proposes if she wants him to accompany her to see the Pope?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)