|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
(a) If she can get more medication.
(b) If she will stop having the dream.
(c) If he has the same dream.
(d) If her dream is real.
2. When does the play begin?
(a) After the audience sits down.
(b) As the audience is finding their seats.
(c) When the audience is quiet.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
3. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Losing grip on reality.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Becoming depressed.
4. What is Ronnie dressed in when he enters Artie's apartment at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Doctor's coat.
(b) Police uniform.
(c) Priest's robe.
(d) Army fatigues.
5. Where is Artie's apartment located in New York?
(d) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Bananas?
4. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)