|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
(a) As being angry.
(b) As being unstable.
(c) As being sad.
(d) As being imprisoned.
2. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He is mentally unstable.
(b) He is a cheater.
(c) He works at the zoo.
(d) He is a terrible musician.
3. When does the play begin?
(a) After the audience sits down.
(b) As the audience is finding their seats.
(c) When the audience is quiet.
(d) Halfway through the first scene.
4. What does Bunny stuff into her boots in order to keep her feet warm?
(a) Steamed towels.
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) Foreshadows the play's action.
(b) To quiet the audience.
(c) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(d) To discuss the outline of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
2. What does Artie claim about himself that he believes is preventing him from having his big break in show biz?
3. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
4. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
5. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)