|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Hurts her.
(c) Rejects her.
(d) Insults her.
2. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. When does the play begin?
(a) Halfway through the first scene.
(b) When the audience is quiet.
(c) As the audience is finding their seats.
(d) After the audience sits down.
4. Who, according to Bunny at the beginning of Act I, is Pope Paul on his way to see as he drives through Queens?
(a) NYU students.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) The mayor.
5. What kind of character is Artie?
(c) Comedic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bananas doing in the dream she explains to Artie that she frequently has?
2. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
4. Who looks out of the bedroom at Artie and Bunny while they are talking?
5. What does Artie do in response to Bananas' reasoning for not seeing the Pope?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)