|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
(a) He works at the zoo.
(b) He is a terrible musician.
(c) He is a cheater.
(d) He is mentally unstable.
2. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
(a) A strobe light.
(c) A jacket.
3. What thematic aspect of the play will Artie's characteristics effect as the piece progresses?
(b) Dramatic action.
(d) Comedic action.
4. What kind of character is Artie?
(c) Comedic relief.
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Losing grip on reality.
(c) Committing a crime.
(d) Lack of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will all of the characters do throughout the play that Artie does in the Prologue?
2. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
3. What does Bananas ask Artie about her dream at the end of Act I, Part I?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What is the reason Bananas gives for not being able to see the Pope?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)