|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
2. When Artie tells Bunny that the audience talked through his entire set at the club the previous evening, what is he referring to?
(a) A dream he had.
(b) The Prologue.
(c) A club opening he played.
(d) The foreshadowed conclusion.
3. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A blue light.
(b) A cane.
(c) A line.
(d) A microphone.
4. How many functions does the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves foreshadow throughout the play?
5. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
(a) See the Pope.
(b) Go on a date.
(c) Go to the museum.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
2. What does Bunny call Artie's songs in order to cheer him up?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)