|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artie attempts to show the audience his talent in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves, at what level of talent is he?
2. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Losing grip on reality.
(b) Becoming depressed.
(c) Committing a crime.
(d) Lack of love.
3. What does Artie do in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves that is a convention of plays first introduced here?
(a) Speaks directly to the audience.
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Requests items from offstage.
(d) Leaves the stage.
4. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
5. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
(a) The result of the line being blurred.
(b) The consequence of domestic abuse.
(c) One is distinct from the other.
(d) They are the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Artie muttering in his sleep at the beginning of Act I?
2. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. In the dream Artie explains to Bananas, what do both he and the Pope do to her?
4. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)