|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Artie's roughness with Bananas reinforce?
(a) He is a man on the edge.
(b) The increase of domestic violence.
(c) He is in opposition to the war.
(d) The intolerance toward mental illness.
2. What does Artie tell Bananas that he and Bunny are going to do?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Run away.
(c) See the Pope.
(d) Go to the museum.
3. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will make the audience laugh.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will fill up space.
4. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) The way her life turned out.
(b) The lack of love Artie shows her.
(c) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(d) Her simpleness.
5. What is the symbolic colorization introduced in the Prologue of the play a result of?
(a) Becoming depressed.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Losing grip on reality.
(d) Committing a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be revealed about Artie over time as the play progresses?
2. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
3. When Bananas emerges from the bedroom, what does her conversation with Artie reveal about Artie?
4. How is the symbolic colorization in the Prologue physically represented on stage?
5. What is Artie eager for that he expresses to the audience in the beginning of The House of Blue Leaves?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)