|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue in The House of Blue Leaves?
(a) To discuss the outline of the play.
(b) Background noise as the audience finds their seats.
(c) Foreshadows the play's action.
(d) To quiet the audience.
2. What does the audience become after the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. What color is symbolically introduced in the Prologue of The House of Blue Leaves?
4. Who could Bananas' dream be a foreshadowing of?
5. Bananas explains a dream she has to Artie and what she does in that dream. What is the reason for this?
(a) Her simpleness.
(b) A chemical inbalance in her brain.
(c) The way her life turned out.
(d) The lack of love Artie shows her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bananas' dream represent about reality and delusion?
2. Who is the author of The House of Blue Leaves?
3. How does the symbolic color introduced in the Prologue represent the characters in the play?
4. What is Bunny carrying when Artie lets her into his apartment at the beginning of Act I?
5. Where does Bunny go when Artie asks her to leave?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)