1. When does the play begin?
(a) After the audience sits down.
(b) Halfway through the first scene.
(c) When the audience is quiet.
(d) As the audience is finding their seats.
2. Who is the first character that the audience sees?
3. What is the character doing at the opening of the play?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Reciting a monologue.
(c) Sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) Pacing the stage.
4. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play repeatedly try to get the audience to do?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Sing along.
(d) Clap their hands.
5. What does the character on stage at the beginning of the play shout offstage for?
(a) A blue light.
(b) A cane.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A line.
6. Why does the character on stage request something from offstage at the beginning of the play?
(a) It will fill up space.
(b) It was promised.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It will make the audience laugh.
This section contains 4,779 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)