Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* The audience enters the theatre.
Act 1, Part 1 Abstract
* Artie Shaughnessy is at his piano, playing and singing.
Act 1, Part 2 Abstract
* Artie repeatedly asks the audience to be quiet and sit down.
Act 2, Scene 1, Part 1 Abstract
* Artie shouts offstage for the blue spotlight he was promised.
Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2 Abstract
* Artie gathers his music and...
This section contains 1,825 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)