|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
3. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
4. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
5. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of beauty in the play. Does beauty represent the normal attributes normally given to it in the play? What does beauty represent to the characters in the play? What reason does the author have for skewing the traditional aspects of beauty in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of sex in the play. What is the author saying about the importance and danger that come with sex? What does sex represent to the daughters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, one of the most common expressions of emotion comes in the form of jealousy. Part 1.) What seems to be the driving force for most of the jealousy in the play? Part 2.) In what way does the jealousy exhibited between the sisters in the play differ from typical sibling rivalry? Part 3.) What is missing in the play's characters' lives that hint at the reason for such jealousy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)