|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
2. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
3. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
4. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Who does Adela warn Bernarda to not listen to because she is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of social class in the play. What might the author be saying by showing Bernarda's insistence that her family has a higher social class than the other villagers? What might the author want social class to represent in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, one of the most common expressions of emotion comes in the form of jealousy. Part 1.) What seems to be the driving force for most of the jealousy in the play? Part 2.) In what way does the jealousy exhibited between the sisters in the play differ from typical sibling rivalry? Part 3.) What is missing in the play's characters' lives that hint at the reason for such jealousy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the family house in the play. What might the author be hoping for the house to represent in terms of freedom and imprisonment in the play? What role does the house play in the fate of those living in it?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)