|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
2. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
3. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
4. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
5. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of hope in the play. What role does hope play in the lives of Bernarda's daughters? What might happen if the daughters' hope is taken away from them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of propriety that is represented in the play. What reasons does Bernarda have for insisting on keeping up such ancient traditions in her family? What might the author be saying about Bernarda based on her treatment of propriety in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of mourning in the play. What does mourning represent to the characters in the play? What barriers does mourning play in the lives of the play's characters in terms of forming relationships and moving on with their lives?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)