Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Throughout the play, one of the most common expressions of emotion comes in the form of jealousy. Part 1.) What seems to be the driving force for most of the jealousy in the play? Part 2.) In what way does the jealousy exhibited between the sisters in the play differ from typical sibling rivalry? Part 3.) What is missing in the play's characters' lives that hint at the reason for such jealousy?
Discuss the role of the family house in the play. What might the author be hoping for the house to represent in terms of freedom and imprisonment in the play? What role does the house play in the fate of those living in it?
The character Bernarda is perhaps one of the most complex and intriguing presences in the play. Part 1.) What is the nature of Bernarda? Part 2.) What seems to be Bernarda's motivations for enacting such control over the people in her life? Part 3.) What trials might Bernarda be dealing with to account for her being so tyrannical over those living in her household.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)