Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the family house in the play. What might the author be hoping for the house to represent in terms of freedom and imprisonment in the play? What role does the house play in the fate of those living in it?
Essay Topic 2
In the entire play, the central theme is the use and manipulation of control. Part 1.) What reasons does Bernarda have for wanting such control over her daughters in the play? Part 2.) What might the author hope for such control to be representative of in terms of explaining the nature of the play's characters? Part 3.) What might the author want control to represent regarding the fate of the daughters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, one of the most common expressions of emotion comes in the form of jealousy. Part 1.) What seems to be the driving force for most of the jealousy in the play? Part 2.) In what way does the jealousy exhibited between the sisters in the play differ from typical sibling rivalry? Part 3.) What is missing in the play's characters' lives that hint at the reason for such jealousy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)