Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, one common theme is the dominant role men have in the play. Part 1.) How are men portrayed as the dominant sex in the play? Part 2.) What might the author be saying about the importance for women to have men in their lives based on the portrayal of men in the play? Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the society of the people of the play based on this depiction of men?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of social class in the play. What might the author be saying by showing Bernarda's insistence that her family has a higher social class than the other villagers? What might the author want social class to represent in the play?
Essay Topic 3
In the entire play, the central theme is the use and manipulation of control. Part 1.) What reasons does Bernarda have for wanting such control over her daughters in the play? Part 2.) What might the author hope for such control to be representative of in terms of explaining the nature of the play's characters? Part 3.) What might the author want control to represent regarding the fate of the daughters in the play?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)