Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of mourning in the play. What does mourning represent to the characters in the play? What barriers does mourning play in the lives of the play's characters in terms of forming relationships and moving on with their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's setting up the exposition and background of the characters in the first act of the play. What is significant about using the servants to convey information about the play's characters? What reason does the author have for giving so much information about the characters so quickly?
Essay Topic 3
In the entire play, the central theme is the use and manipulation of control. Part 1.) What reasons does Bernarda have for wanting such control over her daughters in the play? Part 2.) What might the author hope for such control to be representative of in terms of explaining the nature of the play's characters? Part 3.) What might the author want control to represent regarding the fate of the daughters in the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)