Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the family house in the play. What might the author be hoping for the house to represent in terms of freedom and imprisonment in the play? What role does the house play in the fate of those living in it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of authority in the play. What might the author be saying about Bernarda based on her portrayal as the authoritative figure in the play? What about Bernarda's authority is flawed? What is telling of the role of authority based on these flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of propriety that is represented in the play. What reasons does Bernarda have for insisting on keeping up such ancient traditions in her family? What might the author be saying about Bernarda based on her treatment of propriety in the play?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)