|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
2. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
3. What does Bernarda shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
4. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
5. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of sex in the play. What is the author saying about the importance and danger that come with sex? What does sex represent to the daughters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's setting up the exposition and background of the characters in the first act of the play. What is significant about using the servants to convey information about the play's characters? What reason does the author have for giving so much information about the characters so quickly?
Essay Topic 3
In the entire play, the central theme is the use and manipulation of control. Part 1.) What reasons does Bernarda have for wanting such control over her daughters in the play? Part 2.) What might the author hope for such control to be representative of in terms of explaining the nature of the play's characters? Part 3.) What might the author want control to represent regarding the fate of the daughters in the play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)