Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
2. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
Throughout the play, many characters, primarily Bernarda, show a great deal of violence towards the other characters. Part 1.) What motivations might Bernarda have for exhibiting such violence against her family members and servants in the play? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the violence in the play to be representative of? Part 3.) How might Bernarda be using her violence to gain control of in the play?
Examine the concept of reputation in the play. What reasons does Bernarda have for paying so much attention to her daughters' reputations? What is telling of Bernarda based on her reaction to her daughters' reputation being in danger?
Discuss the author's portrayal of morality in the play. What lengths does Bernarda go through to ensure her family's morality is kept intact? What reasons does the author have for presenting morality in such a way in the play?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)