|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
2. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
3. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
4. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of reputation in the play. What reasons does Bernarda have for paying so much attention to her daughters' reputations? What is telling of Bernarda based on her reaction to her daughters' reputation being in danger?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of authority in the play. What might the author be saying about Bernarda based on her portrayal as the authoritative figure in the play? What about Bernarda's authority is flawed? What is telling of the role of authority based on these flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of social class in the play. What might the author be saying by showing Bernarda's insistence that her family has a higher social class than the other villagers? What might the author want social class to represent in the play?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)