|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda see that Adela has done when she bursts into her room in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
3. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
5. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of morality in the play. What lengths does Bernarda go through to ensure her family's morality is kept intact? What reasons does the author have for presenting morality in such a way in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the family house in the play. What might the author be hoping for the house to represent in terms of freedom and imprisonment in the play? What role does the house play in the fate of those living in it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of reputation in the play. What reasons does Bernarda have for paying so much attention to her daughters' reputations? What is telling of Bernarda based on her reaction to her daughters' reputation being in danger?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)