|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
2. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To their neighbors.
(b) To Pepe's house.
(c) To another farm.
(d) To the mares.
3. What does Poncia hint to Bernarda that is going on in her family in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A bad time.
(b) Something dangerous.
(c) Good surroundings.
(d) Bad omens.
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
5. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How it smells outside.
(b) How cold the house is.
(c) How dark it is.
(d) How hot it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
2. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
3. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
4. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)