|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) In her nightgown.
2. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
3. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is suspicious.
(b) He is annoying.
(c) He is worrisome.
(d) He is irritating.
5. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
(a) Very casual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
2. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
5. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
2. How does Adela react to the lace brought out for Angustias?
3. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Poncia do to Adela's bedroom door at the end of the play?
6. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
7. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
9. What does Bernarda tell her daughters when they begin arguing in Act 2, Part 2?
10. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)