|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
2. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Be married.
(b) Have her fun.
(c) Have children.
(d) Run the house.
3. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
4. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) In her nightgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
2. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
4. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
5. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poncia say about Bernarda's daughters at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Martirio say about the real reason a young woman won't leave her house in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
4. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
5. How does Poncia say women without men act even with family?
6. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
7. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
8. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)