|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
2. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
3. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) She will die in childbirth.
(b) Pepe will divorce her.
(c) Poncia will kill her.
(d) Adela will intervene.
4. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(d) The counters.
5. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Other interests.
(b) Another woman.
(d) Better things to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
2. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
3. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
2. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia that she didn't allow Martirio to marry the man who was courting her?
3. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
4. How does Angustias say Pepe proposed to her?
5. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
6. What happens when Adela gives Bernarda a brightly colored fan?
7. How is Angustias' engagement ring described?
8. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
9. What is the nature of the family's conversation with Prudencia?
10. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)