|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
2. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
(a) Bernarda's brother.
(c) Bernarda's late husband.
(d) Bernarda's father.
3. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
4. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
5. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Sad and melancholy.
(b) Happy and cheerful.
(d) Tyrannical and demanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
2. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
4. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
5. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What happens when Adela says she needs to go for a walk in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
4. Why does Poncia say the men on the patio gave her money in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Poncia suggest that Adela wished to do with her body?
6. How does Bernarda react when Poncia tells her that her daughters are the right age to be married?
7. How does Poncia say women without men act even with family?
8. How is Adela's appearance described when she returns from the corral in Act 3, Part 2?
9. What does Martirio say about a man she once liked in Act 1, Part 3?
10. What does Martirio say about the real reason a young woman won't leave her house in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)