|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Adela in the play, "If you don't want to embroider them, then ______ just as they are."
2. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) What they were talking about.
(b) If they are married.
(c) If they are single.
(d) If they are interested in her daughters.
3. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To offer sympathy.
(b) To snoop and criticize.
(c) To help out.
(d) To steal money.
4. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
5. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Church services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
2. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
4. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
5. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernarda do to make the Servant cry at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
3. What does Martirio say about the real reason a young woman won't leave her house in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Why does Poncia say the men on the patio gave her money in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Adela say about mourning in Act 1, Part 3?
6. What does Magdalena say about a man named Pepe in regards to Angustias?
7. What does Poncia warn Bernarda about keeping a constant watch on her daughters at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
8. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
9. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
10. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)