|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
(a) Her white shoes.
(b) Her green dress.
(c) Flowers in her hair.
(d) Her black veil.
2. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) There were not from the village.
(b) They were morally sound.
(c) They were good people.
(d) They were sane.
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
5. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) In her room.
(b) The door.
(c) The window.
(d) On the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
3. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
2. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
3. Why is a large crowd gathering near Bernarda's house that the daughters watch in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Magdalena say about a man named Pepe in regards to Angustias?
5. How does Poncia say women without men act even with family?
6. In what way do the Servants' attitude change once Bernarda returns from her husband's funeral?
7. What do the sisters say they wish for when watching the reapers in the field?
8. What is the nature of Poncia and Bernarda's conversation regarding taking drinks to the men on the patio?
9. How does Bernarda's daughters react to her suggestion about what they should do during their eight years of mourning?
10. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)