|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(c) Have a baby.
3. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
4. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
5. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cries of sympathy.
(c) Wails of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
2. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
3. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
5. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
2. How does Poncia suggest they could use the lace?
3. In what way does Angustias suggest Poncia is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Adela say about the stars in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
6. What does Magdalena say about a man named Pepe in regards to Angustias?
7. What does Poncia suggest that Adela wished to do with her body?
8. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
9. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
10. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)