|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
2. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
3. Who says that it's better to never even look at a man and that she's been afraid of men since she was a girl?
4. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) There were not from the village.
(b) They were good people.
(c) They were morally sound.
(d) They were sane.
5. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's grandmother.
(b) Bernarda's mother.
(c) Bernarda's husband.
(d) Bernarda's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
2. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
3. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Complete the sentence spoken by Adela in the play, "If you don't want to embroider them, then ______ just as they are."
5. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
3. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
4. What is the nature of Adela's description of the white stallion in Act 3, Part 1?
5. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
6. How does Angustias react when Bernarda tells her to patch things up with Martirio?
7. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
8. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
9. How does Adela react to the lace brought out for Angustias?
10. How is Angustias' engagement ring described?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)