|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
2. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
(a) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
3. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
4. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tyrannical and demanding.
(b) Sad and melancholy.
(d) Happy and cheerful.
5. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are married.
(b) If they are single.
(c) If they are interested in her daughters.
(d) What they were talking about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
2. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
5. Who says that her body is hers to do with what she chooses?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the Servants' attitude change once Bernarda returns from her husband's funeral?
2. What is the nature of Adela, Martirio, and Bernarda's argument regarding the woman who killed her child?
3. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of Adela's description of the white stallion in Act 3, Part 1?
5. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
6. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
7. What does Bernarda say she will be doing after her daughters argue about what time Pepe has been leaving their house?
8. What does Bernarda do to make the Servant cry at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
9. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
10. What does Adela complain to Poncia about Martirio in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)