|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is annoying.
(b) He is worrisome.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is irritating.
2. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
4. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That she is ready to have kids.
(b) That Pepe is in love with her.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
5. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With no clothes on.
(b) With pants on.
(c) With flowers in her hair.
(d) Loose hair and flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
2. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
3. Finish this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "The rest of them: lots of fine lace and linen camisoles, but nothing to their names but bread and ______".
4. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
2. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
4. What does Adela say about the stars in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Martirio say about a man she once liked in Act 1, Part 3?
6. What is the nature of the song the reapers sing while in the field?
7. In what way does Angustias suggest Poncia is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
8. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
9. Why does Poncia say the men on the patio gave her money in Act 1, Part 2?
10. What does Adela say about mourning in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)