|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the daughters says the real reason a young woman cannot leave her house is because she is afraid of Bernarda?
2. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) Adela will intervene.
(b) Poncia will kill her.
(c) Pepe will divorce her.
(d) She will die in childbirth.
3. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Dresses and jewels.
(c) Pants and shirts.
4. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
5. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
(d) Very casual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
2. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
3. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
5. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martirio say about a man she once liked in Act 1, Part 3?
2. How does Bernarda's daughters react to her suggestion about what they should do during their eight years of mourning?
3. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
4. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
5. How does Angustias react when Bernarda tells her to patch things up with Martirio?
6. What does Poncia tell Bernarda that Angustias overheard from the men on the porch?
7. How does Angustias say Pepe proposed to her?
8. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
9. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
10. What does Poncia warn Bernarda about keeping a constant watch on her daughters at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)