|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her daughter's money.
(b) The deed to her house.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her husband's will.
2. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
3. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
(a) Her white shoes.
(b) Her black veil.
(c) Her green dress.
(d) Flowers in her hair.
4. Who says that it's better to never even look at a man and that she's been afraid of men since she was a girl?
5. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
2. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
3. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
4. What does Magdalena say that Angustias did just like her father in Act 1, Part 3?
5. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
2. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
3. What is the nature of Adela, Martirio, and Bernarda's argument regarding the woman who killed her child?
4. How is Adela's appearance described when she returns from the corral in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
6. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
7. How does Poncia suggest they could use the lace?
8. What do the sisters say they wish for when watching the reapers in the field?
9. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
10. What does Martirio say about the real reason a young woman won't leave her house in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)