|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
2. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
(b) Bernarda's brother.
(c) Bernarda's father.
(d) Bernarda's late husband.
3. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(b) Scraps from the table.
4. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
5. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Dresses and jewels.
(b) Pants and shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
2. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
4. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
5. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
2. How does Bernarda react when Poncia tells her that her daughters are the right age to be married?
3. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What is the nature of Adela's description of the white stallion in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
6. What does Martirio say about the real reason a young woman won't leave her house in Act 1, Part 3?
7. What do the sisters say they wish for when watching the reapers in the field?
8. How does Angustias react when Bernarda tells her to patch things up with Martirio?
9. How does Poncia suggest they could use the lace?
10. What does Poncia warn Bernarda about keeping a constant watch on her daughters at the beginning of Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)