|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
3. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
4. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Taking care of her husband.
(c) Running after children.
5. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Her string of pearls.
(b) Her lace veil.
(c) Her black dress.
(d) Her picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
2. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
3. Who do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias talk about at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
5. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Magdalena suggest to Adela about Pepe in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
3. How does Adela react to the lace brought out for Angustias?
4. How is Angustias' engagement ring described?
5. What does Bernarda tell her daughters when they begin arguing in Act 2, Part 2?
6. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
7. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
9. What is the nature of the family's conversation with Prudencia?
10. How does Bernarda react when she learns someone stole Pepe's picture?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)