|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
2. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
3. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
4. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
(a) Bed linens.
(c) Baby's clothes.
(d) A dress.
5. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
2. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
4. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
5. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adela say about mourning in Act 1, Part 3?
2. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
3. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What do Bernarda and the mourners make small talk about at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Martirio say about a man she once liked in Act 1, Part 3?
6. What does Bernarda say she will be doing after her daughters argue about what time Pepe has been leaving their house?
7. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
8. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
9. What does Adela say about the stars in Act 3, Part 1?
10. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)