|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Adela and Poncia.
(b) Adela and Martirio.
(c) Amelia and Magdalena.
(d) Magdalena and Amelia.
2. What is Poncia's comment regarding Bernarda's daughters when Bernarda comments on Angustias' flirting?
(a) That they still have time to have children.
(b) That they are pretty.
(c) That they want to have husbands.
(d) That they are the right age to be married.
3. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) Poncia will kill her.
(b) Adela will intervene.
(c) She will die in childbirth.
(d) Pepe will divorce her.
4. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
5. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
2. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
5. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What is the nature of Adela's description of the white stallion in Act 3, Part 1?
3. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
4. How is Angustias' engagement ring described?
5. What does Adela complain to Poncia about Martirio in Act 2, Part 1?
6. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
7. How does Angustias say Pepe proposed to her?
8. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
9. What reason does Bernarda give to explain why Martirio had possession of Pepe's picture?
10. What does Poncia find when Bernarda has her search all of her daughters' rooms?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)