|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(c) Whatever Pepe asks.
(d) Whatever she can do.
2. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) She doesn't need it.
(b) It's in poor taste.
(c) In memory of her father.
(d) It looks bad.
3. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(a) Scraps from the table.
4. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Have children.
(b) Run the house.
(c) Be married.
(d) Have her fun.
5. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
(a) Make them.
(b) Carve them.
(c) Fill them.
(d) Embroider them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
2. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
3. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
4. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
5. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
2. What is the nature of the family's conversation with Prudencia?
3. How is Adela's appearance described when she returns from the corral in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
5. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
6. How does Angustias say Pepe proposed to her?
7. What does Bernarda say must happen right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
8. What does Bernarda do to make the Servant cry at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
9. In what way do the Servants' attitude change once Bernarda returns from her husband's funeral?
10. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia that she didn't allow Martirio to marry the man who was courting her?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)