|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(c) The counters.
2. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tyrannical and demanding.
(b) Sad and melancholy.
(c) Happy and cheerful.
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
4. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
5. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) It's in poor taste.
(b) In memory of her father.
(c) It looks bad.
(d) She doesn't need it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the Servants' attitude change once Bernarda returns from her husband's funeral?
2. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
3. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia that she didn't allow Martirio to marry the man who was courting her?
5. What is the nature of Adela, Martirio, and Bernarda's argument regarding the woman who killed her child?
6. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
7. What did Poncia see when up at 1:30 in the morning?
8. What does Bernarda say must happen right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
9. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
10. What does Poncia suggest that Adela wished to do with her body?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)