|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To offer sympathy.
(b) To help out.
(c) To snoop and criticize.
(d) To steal money.
3. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Running after children.
(d) Taking care of her husband.
4. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The patio.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The front porch.
5. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
2. Which of the daughters says the real reason a young woman cannot leave her house is because she is afraid of Bernarda?
3. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
4. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poncia say about Bernarda's daughters at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the nature of Adela's discussion with Martirio about being Pepe's mistress?
3. What is the nature of the family's conversation with Prudencia?
4. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
5. How does Bernarda react when Poncia tells her that her daughters are the right age to be married?
6. What does Bernarda say she will be doing after her daughters argue about what time Pepe has been leaving their house?
7. What reason does Bernarda give to explain why Martirio had possession of Pepe's picture?
8. How is Angustias' engagement ring described?
9. What does Poncia tell Bernarda that Angustias overheard from the men on the porch?
10. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)