|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(a) A coat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A brightly colored fan.
2. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cries of sympathy.
(d) Wails of grief.
3. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
4. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In her room.
5. Where does Bernarda tell the servants to take her mother so she cannot be seen by the villagers?
(a) The attic.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The basement.
(d) The courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
2. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What is Poncia's comment regarding Bernarda's daughters when Bernarda comments on Angustias' flirting?
4. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
5. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bernarda's daughters react to her suggestion about what they should do during their eight years of mourning?
2. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
3. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
4. What does Magdalena suggest to Adela about Pepe in Act 1, Part 3?
5. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
6. In what way does Angustias suggest Poncia is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
7. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
8. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
9. What does Poncia say about Bernarda's daughters at the beginning of the play?
10. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)