|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
2. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
4. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) The door.
(b) In her room.
(c) The window.
(d) On the porch.
5. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) An animal.
(b) Empty glasses.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) Platters of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
3. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
4. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
5. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adela say about the stars in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What happens when Bernarda tells Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
3. What does Magdalena say about a man named Pepe in regards to Angustias?
4. How does Bernarda react when she learns someone stole Pepe's picture?
5. What happens when Adela says she needs to go for a walk in Act 3, Part 1?
6. What is the nature of Adela, Martirio, and Bernarda's argument regarding the woman who killed her child?
7. How does Adela react to the lace brought out for Angustias?
8. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
9. How is Bernarda's mother described the first time she is seen in the play?
10. What does Bernarda do to make the Servant cry at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)