Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) In memory of her father.
(b) She doesn't need it.
(c) It looks bad.
(d) It's in poor taste.
2. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) In her nightgown.
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
4. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
(a) Her green dress.
(b) Flowers in her hair.
(c) Her white shoes.
(d) Her black veil.
5. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Another woman.
(b) Other interests.
(c) Better things to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
2. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
4. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
5. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adela say about mourning in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What is the nature of Poncia and Bernarda's conversation regarding taking drinks to the men on the patio?
3. How is Adela's appearance described when she returns from the corral in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia that she didn't allow Martirio to marry the man who was courting her?
5. What does Bernarda say she will be doing after her daughters argue about what time Pepe has been leaving their house?
6. What happens to Martirio when she is caught with Pepe's picture?
7. What does Adela complain to Poncia about Martirio in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What is the nature of Maria Josefa's interaction with a lamb in the play?
9. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
10. Why does Angustias run into the room angrily in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)