|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Adela in the play, "If you don't want to embroider them, then ______ just as they are."
2. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
3. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Have a baby.
4. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
5. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The Servant.
(c) The Sacristan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
3. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
5. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Adela's description of the white stallion in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Poncia tell Bernarda that Angustias overheard from the men on the porch?
3. What does Martirio say is wrong when Amelia asks her in Act 2, Part 2?
4. How does Angustias react when Bernarda tells her to patch things up with Martirio?
5. How does Adela react to the lace brought out for Angustias?
6. How does Bernarda react when she learns someone stole Pepe's picture?
7. Why is a large crowd gathering near Bernarda's house that the daughters watch in Act 2, Part 3?
8. What does Adela say about mourning in Act 1, Part 3?
9. How does Bernarda respond when Poncia suggests something dangerous was happening in her home?
10. What does Adela complain to Poncia about Martirio in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)