|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
2. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Dresses and jewels.
(c) Pants and shirts.
3. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
4. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(d) In her nightgown.
5. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
2. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
3. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother wished to do in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Angustias suggest Poncia is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Poncia do to Adela's bedroom door at the end of the play?
3. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia that she didn't allow Martirio to marry the man who was courting her?
4. What does Poncia say women must deal with after they are married?
5. How does Adela react when Martirio suggests she didn't sleep well in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters do during their eight years of mourning?
7. What is the nature of Adela, Martirio, and Bernarda's argument regarding the woman who killed her child?
8. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
9. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
10. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave and why in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)