|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
(a) They carry off their hearts.
(b) They respect them.
(c) They are jealous of them.
(d) They love them.
2. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) In their bedrooms.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) On the front porch.
3. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
4. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Ride the horse.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Wash dishes.
5. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Killed her husband.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Stole from a store.
(d) Killed her child.
6. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
7. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) The Servant.
(d) One of her sisters.
8. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
9. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(a) Happy and dumb.
(b) Angry and jealous.
(d) Protective and angry.
10. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(a) Give it back.
(b) Speak up.
(d) Punish themselves.
11. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
(a) What she wanted with it.
(b) How she felt about Pepe.
(c) Why she had it.
(d) Why she hated Angustias.
12. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
13. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
14. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(b) Move away.
(c) Get married.
(d) Have children.
15. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
2. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
3. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
5. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)