|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to be destroyed.
(b) For it to be broken.
(c) For it to burn.
(d) For it to be disrespected.
2. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
3. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
(b) A huge crowd gathering.
(c) A person being hanged.
(d) Adela running away.
6. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) Something other than marriage.
7. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
(a) Power to marry who they want.
(b) Power to sweat.
(c) Freedom to go out and work.
(d) Control over others.
8. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Maria Josefa.
9. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Ride the horse.
10. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
11. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) Between the sheets.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) In her drawer.
(d) Under her pillow.
12. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
13. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
14. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
15. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) One of her sisters.
(d) The Servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
2. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
3. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
4. What does Poncia hint to Bernarda that is going on in her family in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What do Poncia and the Servant say they feel is about to break in the house because of tension in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)