|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(b) Angry and jealous.
(c) Protective and angry.
(d) Happy and dumb.
2. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Poncia and Bernarda.
(b) Angustias and Magdalena.
(c) Bernarda and Amelia.
(d) Amelia and Martirio.
3. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
4. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
5. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
6. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
(b) Grabs her stomach.
(d) Pushes Bernarda.
7. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
8. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
9. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
10. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
11. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(a) Sing and dance.
12. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Someone woke her up.
(b) She heard someone in their yard.
(c) She heard yelling.
(d) She couldn't fall asleep.
13. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
14. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A bell.
(b) A knock.
(c) A gate opening.
(d) A barking dog.
15. What does Poncia warn Bernarda that she can't keep her eye on in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The reapers.
(b) Her daughters' hearts.
(c) The goings on in her house.
(d) Pepe and Adela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
2. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
3. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
4. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)