|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda see that Adela has done when she bursts into her room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Drank poison.
(b) Hung herself.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Shot herself.
2. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Ride the horse.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Wash dishes.
3. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "Yes, yes, a young mule that needs to be ______ in."
4. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(c) Sing and dance.
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
6. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A cross.
(b) Bernarda's cane.
(c) Her plate.
(d) Pepe's picture.
7. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
(b) Adela running away.
(c) A person being hanged.
(d) A huge crowd gathering.
8. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) The Servant.
(d) One of her sisters.
9. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
(b) The bitterest poison.
10. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(b) Give it back.
(c) Punish themselves.
(d) Speak up.
11. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
12. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
13. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Maria Josefa.
14. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Stay up all night.
(b) Sing to them.
(c) Watch them.
(d) Ride them.
15. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) Between the sheets.
(c) In her drawer.
(d) Under her pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Servant and Poncia say Bernarda is being as they clean up in Act 3, Part 2?
2. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
4. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
5. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)