|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adela warn Bernarda to not listen to because she is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
2. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
3. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Killed her child.
(b) Killed her husband.
(c) Stole from a store.
(d) Ran away.
4. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
(a) Grabs her stomach.
(d) Pushes Bernarda.
5. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Ride the horse.
6. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The stallions.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
7. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How dark it is.
(b) How it smells outside.
(c) How hot it is.
(d) How cold the house is.
8. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She should be punished.
(b) She be freed.
(c) She be imprisoned.
(d) She be killed.
9. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He was a bad person.
(b) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
(c) She didn't love him.
(d) He wasn't good for her.
10. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A bell.
(b) A gate opening.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A knock.
11. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(a) Speak up.
(b) Punish themselves.
(c) Give it back.
12. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She heard someone in their yard.
(b) Someone woke her up.
(c) She couldn't fall asleep.
(d) She heard yelling.
13. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
14. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(a) Happy and dumb.
(b) Angry and jealous.
(c) Protective and angry.
15. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) In her drawer.
(b) On her dresser.
(c) Under her pillow.
(d) Under her mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
3. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
4. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)