|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
2. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) The Servant.
(d) One of her sisters.
3. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) On her dresser.
(b) Under her mattress.
(c) In her drawer.
(d) Under her pillow.
5. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) Between the sheets.
(c) In her drawer.
(d) Under her bed.
6. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In their bedrooms.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) On the patio.
7. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Ride the horse.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Go for a walk.
8. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The bitterest poison.
9. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Tell on her.
(c) Punish her.
10. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The stallion.
(d) Maria Josefa.
11. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The joy.
(b) The love.
(c) The hatred.
(d) All the darkness.
12. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Stole from a store.
(b) Killed her husband.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Killed her child.
13. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
14. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda and Amelia.
(b) Poncia and Bernarda.
(c) Angustias and Magdalena.
(d) Amelia and Martirio.
15. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A funeral.
(c) The final prayers of the day.
(d) A marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
4. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
5. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)