|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What do the Servant and Poncia say Bernarda is being as they clean up in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(b) Protective and angry.
(c) Angry and jealous.
(d) Happy and dumb.
4. Where does Maria Josefa say she is running away to in her song in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The fields.
(d) The seashore.
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
6. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
7. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
8. What does a bell ringing summon the men to in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To eat.
(b) To go home.
(c) To work in the fields.
(d) To meet women.
9. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) They would kill anyone who told.
(b) They would lie.
(c) They would prevent it.
(d) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
10. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "Yes, yes, a young mule that needs to be ______ in."
11. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A mother.
(c) A good person.
(d) A saint.
12. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) On her dresser.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) In her drawer.
13. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
(c) The bitterest poison.
14. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) The Servant.
(c) One of her sisters.
15. What do Poncia and the Servant say they feel is about to break in the house because of tension in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) A thunderstorm.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
2. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
3. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
4. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
5. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)