|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Her servants' actions.
(b) The goings on in her house.
(c) The nature of Pepe.
(d) Her daughters' actions.
2. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
3. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
5. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
6. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(a) Speak up.
(b) Punish themselves.
(c) Give it back.
7. Where does Maria Josefa say she is running away to in her song in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The fields.
(b) The seashore.
(d) The graveyard.
8. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
9. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Be born a woman.
(b) Be poor.
(c) Not have children.
(d) Never marry.
10. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In their bedrooms.
(d) On the front porch.
11. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
(a) Freedom to go out and work.
(b) Power to marry who they want.
(c) Power to sweat.
(d) Control over others.
12. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A doll.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
13. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) They would lie.
(b) They would prevent it.
(c) They would kill anyone who told.
(d) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
14. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
15. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Watch them.
(b) Ride them.
(c) Sing to them.
(d) Stay up all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
3. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
4. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
5. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)