|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He wasn't good for her.
(b) She didn't love him.
(c) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
(d) He was a bad person.
2. What are the people of the village doing to the woman at the top of the hill in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Laughing at her.
(b) Beating her.
(c) Mocking her.
(d) Feeding her.
3. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
(a) Why she had it.
(b) How she felt about Pepe.
(c) Why she hated Angustias.
(d) What she wanted with it.
4. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In her drawer.
(c) Under her pillow.
(d) Between the sheets.
5. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Maria Josefa.
6. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Killed her husband.
(b) Stole from a store.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Killed her child.
7. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A knock.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A bell.
(d) A gate opening.
8. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
9. What does Poncia warn Bernarda that she can't keep her eye on in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Pepe and Adela.
(b) Her daughters' hearts.
(c) The goings on in her house.
(d) The reapers.
10. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
11. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) In her drawer.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) On her dresser.
12. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Sing to them.
(b) Ride them.
(c) Watch them.
(d) Stay up all night.
13. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
14. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
(a) They love them.
(b) They respect them.
(c) They carry off their hearts.
(d) They are jealous of them.
15. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The stars.
(b) The moon.
(d) The stallions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adela warn Bernarda to not listen to because she is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
2. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
3. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
5. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)