|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
2. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda and Amelia.
(b) Poncia and Bernarda.
(c) Angustias and Magdalena.
(d) Amelia and Martirio.
3. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The love.
(b) The hatred.
(c) The joy.
(d) All the darkness.
4. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To the mares.
(b) To their neighbors.
(c) To another farm.
(d) To Pepe's house.
5. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Punish her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Tell on her.
6. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
7. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
8. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(c) One of her sisters.
(d) The Servant.
9. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
(b) Grabs her stomach.
(d) Pushes Bernarda.
10. What does Bernarda see that Adela has done when she bursts into her room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Shot herself.
(b) Drank poison.
(c) Hung herself.
(d) Ran away.
11. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to be disrespected.
(b) For it to be broken.
(c) For it to be destroyed.
(d) For it to burn.
12. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
13. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The moon.
(b) The stars.
(c) The stallions.
14. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
15. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She heard yelling.
(b) She couldn't fall asleep.
(c) She heard someone in their yard.
(d) Someone woke her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
2. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
3. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
5. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)