|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
2. How many verses of her song does Maria Josefa sing in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A doll.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
5. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The hatred.
(b) All the darkness.
(c) The joy.
(d) The love.
6. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
7. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
8. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A marriage.
(c) The final prayers of the day.
(d) A baptism.
9. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
10. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
11. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
(a) A huge crowd gathering.
(c) Adela running away.
(d) A person being hanged.
12. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Maria Josefa.
(c) The stallion.
13. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
14. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To Pepe's house.
(b) To another farm.
(c) To their neighbors.
(d) To the mares.
15. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Not have children.
(b) Be poor.
(c) Never marry.
(d) Be born a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
2. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
3. What do Poncia and the Servant say they feel is about to break in the house because of tension in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)