|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A good person.
(b) A virgin.
(c) A saint.
(d) A mother.
2. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(b) Angry and jealous.
(c) Protective and angry.
(d) Happy and dumb.
3. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Move away.
(b) Get married.
(c) Have children.
4. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A knock.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A bell.
(d) A gate opening.
5. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
6. What does a bell ringing summon the men to in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To work in the fields.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To eat.
(d) To go home.
7. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Pepe's picture.
(b) Bernarda's cane.
(c) Her plate.
(d) A cross.
8. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
9. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
10. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She heard yelling.
(b) Someone woke her up.
(c) She heard someone in their yard.
(d) She couldn't fall asleep.
11. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
12. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Her daughters' actions.
(b) The goings on in her house.
(c) Her servants' actions.
(d) The nature of Pepe.
13. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Punish her.
(b) Tell on her.
(d) Kill her.
14. What do Poncia and the Servant say they feel is about to break in the house because of tension in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A flood.
(c) A thunderstorm.
15. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
(a) What she wanted with it.
(b) Why she hated Angustias.
(c) How she felt about Pepe.
(d) Why she had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
2. How many verses of her song does Maria Josefa sing in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
5. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)