|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda and Amelia.
(b) Poncia and Bernarda.
(c) Amelia and Martirio.
(d) Angustias and Magdalena.
2. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Her making fun of Adela.
(b) Her wanting to move out of the house.
(c) Pepe wanting to marry Angustias.
(d) Her stealing Pepe's picture.
3. What are the people of the village doing to the woman at the top of the hill in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Laughing at her.
(b) Beating her.
(c) Feeding her.
(d) Mocking her.
4. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
5. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Tell on her.
(c) Punish her.
6. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) The final prayers of the day.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A marriage.
7. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
8. What does a bell ringing summon the men to in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To go home.
(b) To eat.
(c) To meet women.
(d) To work in the fields.
9. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
10. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
(a) They love them.
(b) They are jealous of them.
(c) They carry off their hearts.
(d) They respect them.
11. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
12. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The goings on in her house.
(b) Her servants' actions.
(c) The nature of Pepe.
(d) Her daughters' actions.
13. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A saint.
(b) A virgin.
(c) A good person.
(d) A mother.
14. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She be imprisoned.
(b) She should be punished.
(c) She be killed.
(d) She be freed.
15. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) In her drawer.
(c) On her dresser.
(d) Under her mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
2. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
3. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
5. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)