|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Pepe's picture.
(b) Her plate.
(c) Bernarda's cane.
(d) A cross.
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
3. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Be a daughter.
(b) Be a sister.
(c) Be a mother.
(d) Be Pepe's mistress.
4. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She should be punished.
(b) She be killed.
(c) She be imprisoned.
(d) She be freed.
5. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
(a) A huge crowd gathering.
(b) Adela running away.
(d) A person being hanged.
6. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
7. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
(a) Freedom to go out and work.
(b) Control over others.
(c) Power to sweat.
(d) Power to marry who they want.
8. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) On her dresser.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) In her drawer.
9. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
10. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Angustias and Magdalena.
(b) Amelia and Martirio.
(c) Bernarda and Amelia.
(d) Poncia and Bernarda.
11. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
12. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(b) Punish themselves.
(c) Speak up.
(d) Give it back.
13. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
(a) They carry off their hearts.
(b) They respect them.
(c) They love them.
(d) They are jealous of them.
14. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He was a bad person.
(b) He wasn't good for her.
(c) She didn't love him.
(d) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
15. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
2. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
3. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)