|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
2. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
3. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Maria Josefa.
4. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) In their bedrooms.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) On the patio.
(d) On the front porch.
5. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
(a) Control over others.
(b) Freedom to go out and work.
(c) Power to sweat.
(d) Power to marry who they want.
6. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Ride the horse.
(d) Go for a walk.
7. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A funeral.
(d) The final prayers of the day.
8. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
9. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A saint.
(b) A mother.
(c) A virgin.
(d) A good person.
10. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Never marry.
(b) Be born a woman.
(c) Be poor.
(d) Not have children.
11. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
12. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) In her drawer.
(b) Between the sheets.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) Under her pillow.
13. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Be a daughter.
(b) Be Pepe's mistress.
(c) Be a sister.
(d) Be a mother.
14. What does Poncia warn Bernarda that she can't keep her eye on in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The goings on in her house.
(b) Her daughters' hearts.
(c) Pepe and Adela.
(d) The reapers.
15. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
3. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
5. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)