|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Stole from a store.
(b) Killed her husband.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Killed her child.
2. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) In her drawer.
(d) Between the sheets.
3. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to be broken.
(b) For it to burn.
(c) For it to be disrespected.
(d) For it to be destroyed.
4. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The hatred.
(b) All the darkness.
(c) The joy.
(d) The love.
5. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The stallions.
(b) The moon.
(d) The stars.
6. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move away.
(c) Have children.
7. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(a) Speak up.
(b) Punish themselves.
(c) Give it back.
8. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
9. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He wasn't good for her.
(b) He was a bad person.
(c) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
(d) She didn't love him.
10. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
11. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
12. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
13. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Be Pepe's mistress.
(b) Be a mother.
(c) Be a daughter.
(d) Be a sister.
14. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Punish her.
(c) Tell on her.
(d) Kill her.
15. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
(a) Grabs her stomach.
(b) Pushes Bernarda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
2. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
5. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)