|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda see that Adela has done when she bursts into her room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Drank poison.
(b) Hung herself.
(c) Shot herself.
(d) Ran away.
2. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
(c) The bitterest poison.
3. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to be destroyed.
(b) For it to burn.
(c) For it to be broken.
(d) For it to be disrespected.
4. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A gate opening.
(b) A bell.
(c) A knock.
(d) A barking dog.
5. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
(a) Grabs her stomach.
(b) Pushes Bernarda.
6. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Maria Josefa.
(d) The stallion.
7. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
(a) They carry off their hearts.
(b) They are jealous of them.
(c) They love them.
(d) They respect them.
8. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
9. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) She heard yelling.
(b) She heard someone in their yard.
(c) Someone woke her up.
(d) She couldn't fall asleep.
10. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
11. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She be imprisoned.
(b) She be freed.
(c) She be killed.
(d) She should be punished.
12. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
13. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
14. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To their neighbors.
(b) To Pepe's house.
(c) To the mares.
(d) To another farm.
15. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
2. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Where does Maria Josefa say she is running away to in her song in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)