|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I always knew you were women who couldn't wait to _____ themselves at the windows, and break your mourning."
2. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Something other than marriage.
3. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Her servants' actions.
(b) Her daughters' actions.
(c) The nature of Pepe.
(d) The goings on in her house.
4. Who does Angustias accuse of stealing her picture of Pepe?
(b) The Servant.
(d) One of her sisters.
5. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to be disrespected.
(b) For it to be destroyed.
(c) For it to be broken.
(d) For it to burn.
6. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) On the patio.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In their bedrooms.
(d) On the front porch.
7. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
8. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
9. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
10. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A doll.
(d) A lamb.
11. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How cold the house is.
(b) How dark it is.
(c) How hot it is.
(d) How it smells outside.
12. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
13. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
14. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
(a) Her book.
(b) Her ruler.
(c) Her gun.
(d) Her cane.
15. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Martirio not tell Amelia is wrong with her in the middle of the night in Act 2, Part 2?
2. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
3. What do the reapers sing a song about offstage regarding women?
4. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)