|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The stars.
(b) The moon.
(d) The stallions.
2. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
3. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
4. What does Poncia wonder about Martirio regarding Pepe's picture?
(a) How she felt about Pepe.
(b) Why she hated Angustias.
(c) What she wanted with it.
(d) Why she had it.
5. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
6. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) They would prevent it.
(b) They would kill anyone who told.
(c) They would lie.
(d) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
7. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) Maria Josefa.
8. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
9. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Pepe wanting to marry Angustias.
(b) Her making fun of Adela.
(c) Her wanting to move out of the house.
(d) Her stealing Pepe's picture.
10. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
11. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The bitterest poison.
12. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
13. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(a) Speak up.
(c) Punish themselves.
(d) Give it back.
14. What do the Servant and Poncia say Bernarda is being as they clean up in Act 3, Part 2?
15. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
2. What does Bernarda shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
3. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
4. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
5. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)