|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
2. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
3. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
4. What does Poncia warn Bernarda that she can't keep her eye on in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The reapers.
(b) Her daughters' hearts.
(c) The goings on in her house.
(d) Pepe and Adela.
5. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
6. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
7. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
8. What does Adela say she wants to do regarding the things she finds beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Sing to them.
(b) Stay up all night.
(c) Watch them.
(d) Ride them.
9. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
10. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(b) Kill her.
(c) Tell on her.
(d) Punish her.
11. What does Bernarda say she will not allow to happen to the house her father built?
(a) For it to burn.
(b) For it to be destroyed.
(c) For it to be broken.
(d) For it to be disrespected.
12. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
13. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
14. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
(a) In her drawer.
(b) Between the sheets.
(c) Under her pillow.
(d) Under her bed.
15. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
2. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
3. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
5. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)