|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
2. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
(b) Angry and jealous.
(c) Protective and angry.
(d) Happy and dumb.
3. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "Place a burning coal where her _____ lies."
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
6. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Her plate.
(b) Pepe's picture.
(c) A cross.
(d) Bernarda's cane.
7. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Poncia and Bernarda.
(b) Angustias and Magdalena.
(c) Bernarda and Amelia.
(d) Amelia and Martirio.
8. Who does Bernarda say they will have to keep out of the house in Act 2, Part 3?
9. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
10. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The stallion.
(c) Maria Josefa.
11. What does Bernarda shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) That she be killed.
(b) That she be punished.
(c) That she be imprisoned.
(d) That she be let go.
12. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "He will ____ this whole house, he's out there, panting like a lion."
13. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Something other than marriage.
14. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
15. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
(b) Punish themselves.
(c) Give it back.
(d) Speak up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
4. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
5. Where in the room was Pepe's picture found?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)