|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) She didn't love him.
(b) He was a bad person.
(c) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
(d) He wasn't good for her.
2. What do Poncia and the Servant say they feel is about to break in the house because of tension in Act 3, Part 2?
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A flood.
3. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She be imprisoned.
(b) She be killed.
(c) She be freed.
(d) She should be punished.
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
5. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
6. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The stars.
(c) The stallions.
(d) The moon.
7. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
8. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
9. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(d) Sing and dance.
10. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A cross.
(b) Pepe's picture.
(c) Bernarda's cane.
(d) Her plate.
11. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Never marry.
(b) Not have children.
(c) Be poor.
(d) Be born a woman.
12. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
13. What does Adela says she needs to do when she gets up from the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Ride the horse.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Take a bath.
14. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
15. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
2. What does Bernarda shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
3. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
4. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)