|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many verses of her song does Maria Josefa sing in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I know you well enough to know your reach to stick the _______ in."
3. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She be freed.
(b) She be killed.
(c) She be imprisoned.
(d) She should be punished.
4. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A mother.
(b) A saint.
(c) A good person.
(d) A virgin.
5. Who does Adela try to apologize to in Act 3, Part 2?
6. Where does Maria Josefa say she is running away to in her song in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The graveyard.
(c) The fields.
(d) The seashore.
7. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
8. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I never pry into anyone else's, but I want _______ kept up, and harmony inside the family."
9. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
(a) Her book.
(b) Her ruler.
(c) Her gun.
(d) Her cane.
10. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
11. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
12. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
13. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
14. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The moon.
(c) The stallions.
(d) The stars.
15. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(b) Sing and dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
2. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
3. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
5. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)