|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adela warn Bernarda to not listen to because she is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
2. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Not have children.
(b) Be poor.
(c) Never marry.
(d) Be born a woman.
3. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How it smells outside.
(b) How hot it is.
(c) How dark it is.
(d) How cold the house is.
4. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Punish her.
(d) Tell on her.
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "I could see the ____ coming, but I didn't know it would break so soon."
6. What are the people of the village doing to the woman at the top of the hill in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Feeding her.
(b) Laughing at her.
(c) Mocking her.
(d) Beating her.
7. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(d) Maria Josefa.
8. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
9. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A bell.
(b) A knock.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A gate opening.
10. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
11. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
12. Which of the women do not come into the room just as Adela is saying she belongs to Pepe?
13. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Be a mother.
(b) Be Pepe's mistress.
(c) Be a daughter.
(d) Be a sister.
14. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
15. Where does Maria Josefa say she is running away to in her song in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The seashore.
(c) The fields.
(d) The graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
2. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
3. Complete the sentence by Prudencia in the play, "What's important is that everything works out for the _______."
4. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)