|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Killed her husband.
(b) Killed her child.
(c) Stole from a store.
(d) Ran away.
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
3. What does Martirio shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
(a) She should be punished.
(b) She be freed.
(c) She be imprisoned.
(d) She be killed.
4. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) The nature of Pepe.
(b) The goings on in her house.
(c) Her servants' actions.
(d) Her daughters' actions.
5. Who does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe truly loves?
6. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
7. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The stallions.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
8. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(a) Sing and dance.
9. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(a) Punish her.
(b) Kill her.
(d) Tell on her.
10. In whose room is Pepe's picture found?
11. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
(b) They would lie.
(c) They would kill anyone who told.
(d) They would prevent it.
12. What does Poncia warn Bernarda that she can't keep her eye on in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) The goings on in her house.
(b) Pepe and Adela.
(c) Her daughters' hearts.
(d) The reapers.
13. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
14. What does Amelia says is the worst possible thing that can happen?
(a) Never marry.
(b) Not have children.
(c) Be poor.
(d) Be born a woman.
15. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "May you be cut to _______, you little good-for-nothing."
3. How many days do we learn that Pepe's family will be coming for Angustias in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda comment that she's being made to drink in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)