|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda and Amelia.
(b) Amelia and Martirio.
(c) Angustias and Magdalena.
(d) Poncia and Bernarda.
2. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
3. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Something other than marriage.
4. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(b) Kill her.
(c) Punish her.
(d) Tell on her.
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
6. What does Maria Josefa carry into the room in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A doll.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lamb.
7. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A baptism.
(c) The final prayers of the day.
(d) A funeral.
8. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A gate opening.
(b) A bell.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A knock.
9. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He was a bad person.
(b) He wasn't good for her.
(c) She didn't love him.
(d) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
10. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How cold the house is.
(b) How it smells outside.
(c) How dark it is.
(d) How hot it is.
11. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
12. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
13. What does Adela say the white stallion in the corral is filling in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The love.
(b) The joy.
(c) All the darkness.
(d) The hatred.
14. What does a bell ringing summon the men to in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To eat.
(c) To go home.
(d) To work in the fields.
15. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
3. What do the Servant and Poncia say all of Bernarda's daughters are that would cause their blood ties to be forgotten?
4. What does Poncia reveal that a woman from the village had done in Act 2, Part 3?
5. What does Adela do before shouting that the woman at the top of the hill should be freed?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)