|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
(b) They would prevent it.
(c) They would kill anyone who told.
(d) They would lie.
2. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
3. What does Bernarda say is making a loud thumping noise in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) Maria Josefa.
(c) The stallion.
4. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
(a) A saint.
(b) A good person.
(c) A mother.
(d) A virgin.
5. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He was a bad person.
(b) He wasn't good for her.
(c) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
(d) She didn't love him.
6. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
7. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A cross.
(b) Bernarda's cane.
(c) Her plate.
(d) Pepe's picture.
8. What type of stones does Angustias' engagement ring have on it?
9. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(c) Maria Josefa.
10. Who does Maria Josefa say is going to destroy all of the family in Act 3, Part 2?
11. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A knock.
(b) A bell.
(c) A gate opening.
(d) A barking dog.
12. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Her stealing Pepe's picture.
(b) Pepe wanting to marry Angustias.
(c) Her making fun of Adela.
(d) Her wanting to move out of the house.
13. What does Adela comment that men are allowed in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The troubles.
(b) The hard work.
(d) All the fun things.
14. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
(c) Sing and dance.
15. Where does Bernarda say she will be taking the stallion the next morning in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To another farm.
(b) To their neighbors.
(c) To Pepe's house.
(d) To the mares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "I couldn't care less what happens above the _________."
2. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
3. Who comes in the room and accuses Poncia of lying about Pepe in Act 2, Part 3?
4. What does Adela say will be enough for her just so she can be free in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)