|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda say she still has in regards to her household in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What does Martirio tell Adela she will do before she lets her have Pepe?
(b) Tell on her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Punish her.
3. What does Bernarda say she is going to watch more closely in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Her daughters' actions.
(b) The goings on in her house.
(c) The nature of Pepe.
(d) Her servants' actions.
4. What does Adela say is beautiful in Act 3, Part 1?
(b) The stallions.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
5. Why does Bernarda tell Poncia she didn't allow Martirio to marry a man that had been courting her in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) He wasn't good for her.
(b) She didn't love him.
(c) He was a bad person.
(d) Because the blood of their families couldn't mix.
6. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) On the patio.
(d) In their bedrooms.
7. Complete the sentence by Maria Josefa in the play, "This child will have white hair, and there will be another child and another and they will all have snow-white hair, and we will be like the _____ of the sea."
8. Who does Bernarda beat in Act 2, Part 2, when Angustias has to hold her back?
9. What do the Servant and Poncia say Bernarda is being as they clean up in Act 3, Part 2?
10. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Pepe wanting to marry Angustias.
(b) Her wanting to move out of the house.
(c) Her stealing Pepe's picture.
(d) Her making fun of Adela.
11. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
12. What is the name of Bernarda's friend who joins them for dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Maria Josefa.
13. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Angustias and Magdalena.
(b) Bernarda and Amelia.
(c) Poncia and Bernarda.
(d) Amelia and Martirio.
14. For what reason does Bernarda say to Poncia that it wouldn't matter if something bad were happening in their house because no one would find out?
(a) They would kill anyone who told.
(b) They would lie.
(c) It wouldn't go beyond the house walls.
(d) They would prevent it.
15. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A knock.
(b) A gate opening.
(c) A bell.
(d) A barking dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela comment that men are allowed in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
3. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
4. Where does Angustias say she lost her picture of Pepe?
5. What does Bernarda demand of the person who stole Angustias picture of Pepe?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)