|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda say Angustias must do right away when talking to Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(b) Get married.
(c) Have children.
(d) Move away.
2. What do the Servant and Poncia hear that suggests somebody must be passing by in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A knock.
(b) A bell.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A gate opening.
3. What does Prudencia go to join in after hearing the bells ring at the church?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A funeral.
(d) The final prayers of the day.
4. Who does Adela warn Bernarda to not listen to because she is lying in Act 2, Part 3?
5. Which of the women does not go out to watch the reapers from an upstairs window?
6. What does Adela grab and break in two in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Pepe's picture.
(b) Her plate.
(c) A cross.
(d) Bernarda's cane.
7. What do the men in the fields have that the women would love?
(a) Power to sweat.
(b) Freedom to go out and work.
(c) Control over others.
(d) Power to marry who they want.
8. What do Adela, Martirio, and Amelia come back into the room commenting on in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) How it smells outside.
(b) How cold the house is.
(c) How dark it is.
(d) How hot it is.
9. What does Bernarda rush to get after Adela says she belongs to Pepe?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her gun.
(c) Her ruler.
(d) Her book.
10. What does Angustias say she is worried Pepe has on his mind in Act 3, Part 1?
(d) Something other than marriage.
11. Where do Bernarda and her daughters eat dinner in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In their bedrooms.
(d) On the patio.
12. Who does Bernarda make search all the girls' rooms for Pepe's picture?
13. Who does Bernarda tell Angustias to patch things up with in Act 3, Part 1?
14. How does Angustias run into the room in Act 2, Part 2?
15. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "If the villagers want to make ____ accusations they will find I am hard as rock."
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "And if she doesn't forget it, the ____ it will be for her."
2. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "But it's hard for people to go against their true ______."
3. Who tells Adela that they will go with her when she gets up to leave the dinner table in Act 3, Part 1?
4. What does Bernarda shout should happen to the woman at the top of the hill?
5. What does Bernarda insist that Adela died as?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)