|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that her body is hers to do with what she chooses?
2. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(a) A coat.
(b) A brightly colored fan.
(d) A blanket.
3. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(a) The way they came in.
(c) Later on in the night.
(d) As soon as possible.
4. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
(a) Make them.
(b) Carve them.
(c) Fill them.
(d) Embroider them.
5. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
6. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) They were good people.
(b) They were morally sound.
(c) They were sane.
(d) There were not from the village.
7. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That she is ready to have kids.
(d) That Pepe is in love with her.
8. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Have a baby.
9. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
10. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The heat.
(b) The servants.
(c) Bernarda's late husband.
(d) The men working in the fields.
11. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
12. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
13. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their headscarves.
(b) Their coats.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their dresses.
14. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
15. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
2. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
3. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
4. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
5. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)