|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are interested in her daughters.
(b) What they were talking about.
(c) If they are single.
(d) If they are married.
2. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their coats.
(b) Their headscarves.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their dresses.
3. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
4. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
5. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
6. What is the person who is locked up in another room of the house said to be?
7. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Church services.
8. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
9. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
10. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
11. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(a) Whatever Pepe asks.
(d) Whatever she can do.
12. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A Servant.
(d) A Beggar woman.
13. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Happy and cheerful.
(b) Tyrannical and demanding.
(c) Sad and melancholy.
14. Finish this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "The rest of them: lots of fine lace and linen camisoles, but nothing to their names but bread and ______".
15. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
(a) The Servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
2. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
3. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
5. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)