|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
2. What does Magdalena say that Angustias did just like her father in Act 1, Part 3?
(d) Talked through her nose.
3. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
(a) Baby's clothes.
(b) Bed linens.
(d) A dress.
4. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her lace veil.
(c) Her black dress.
(d) Her string of pearls.
6. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) They were sane.
(b) They were good people.
(c) There were not from the village.
(d) They were morally sound.
7. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
8. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
(b) Looked harder.
(c) Traveled more.
9. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Taking care of her husband.
(c) Running after children.
10. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
11. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's husband.
(b) Bernarda's grandmother.
(c) Bernarda's mother.
(d) Bernarda's father.
12. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her daughter's money.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) The deed to her house.
13. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(d) In her nightgown.
14. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With no clothes on.
(b) With flowers in her hair.
(c) With pants on.
(d) Loose hair and flowers.
15. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A coat.
(d) A brightly colored fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
3. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)