|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
2. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Better things to do.
(c) Another woman.
(d) Other interests.
3. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
4. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Clean up.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Make drinks.
5. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
6. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
7. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
8. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
9. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Be in love.
(b) Go out of town.
(c) Be in mourning.
(d) Have a baby.
10. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(b) Taking care of her husband.
(d) Running after children.
11. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) Poncia will kill her.
(b) Adela will intervene.
(c) Pepe will divorce her.
(d) She will die in childbirth.
12. What does Magdalena say that Angustias did just like her father in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Talked through her nose.
13. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
14. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
15. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
2. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
3. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
4. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)