|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her husband's will.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) The deed to her house.
(d) Her daughter's money.
2. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Make drinks.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Clean up.
3. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A Beggar woman.
(b) A Servant.
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
5. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The men working in the fields.
(b) Bernarda's late husband.
(c) The heat.
(d) The servants.
6. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(c) Running after children.
(d) Taking care of her husband.
8. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) In her nightgown.
9. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
10. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
11. What is Poncia's comment regarding Bernarda's daughters when Bernarda comments on Angustias' flirting?
(a) That they still have time to have children.
(b) That they want to have husbands.
(c) That they are pretty.
(d) That they are the right age to be married.
12. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
(b) Traveled more.
(d) Looked harder.
13. Who suggests that Adela give her dress to Angustias when she is married?
14. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
(a) The Servant.
15. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
3. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)