|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) In memory of her father.
(b) She doesn't need it.
(c) It looks bad.
(d) It's in poor taste.
2. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(b) In her nightgown.
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
4. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
(a) Her green dress.
(b) Flowers in her hair.
(c) Her white shoes.
(d) Her black veil.
5. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Another woman.
(b) Other interests.
(c) Better things to do.
6. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
(c) Very casual.
7. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A Servant.
(d) A Beggar woman.
8. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
9. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(c) The counters.
10. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
11. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Clean up.
(b) Make drinks.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Be quiet.
12. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
13. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(d) Have a baby.
14. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is worrisome.
(b) He is suspicious.
(c) He is irritating.
(d) He is annoying.
15. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
2. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
3. Who suggests that Adela give her dress to Angustias when she is married?
4. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)