|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
3. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Have children.
(b) Run the house.
(c) Have her fun.
(d) Be married.
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
5. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
6. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With flowers in her hair.
(b) Loose hair and flowers.
(c) With no clothes on.
(d) With pants on.
7. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
8. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
9. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
10. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
11. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(b) Scraps from the table.
12. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
13. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cries of sympathy.
(c) Wails of grief.
14. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
15. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
4. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
5. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)