|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
2. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With no clothes on.
(b) With flowers in her hair.
(c) Loose hair and flowers.
(d) With pants on.
4. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
5. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
6. What is the person who is locked up in another room of the house said to be?
7. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are single.
(b) If they are married.
(c) If they are interested in her daughters.
(d) What they were talking about.
8. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) It looks bad.
(b) It's in poor taste.
(c) In memory of her father.
(d) She doesn't need it.
9. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(a) The counters.
10. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Running after children.
(d) Taking care of her husband.
11. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
12. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
13. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That Pepe is in love with her.
(c) That she is ready to have kids.
(d) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
14. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
15. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is worrisome.
(b) He is suspicious.
(c) He is annoying.
(d) He is irritating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
4. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)