|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) There were not from the village.
(b) They were good people.
(c) They were sane.
(d) They were morally sound.
2. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
(b) Looked harder.
(d) Traveled more.
3. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "It is truly strange that two people that don't know each other would suddenly see each other at a window and become ________".
4. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's grandmother.
(b) Bernarda's mother.
(c) Bernarda's father.
(d) Bernarda's husband.
5. Who says that it's better to never even look at a man and that she's been afraid of men since she was a girl?
6. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Servant.
(c) The Sacristan.
7. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her daughter's money.
(b) The deed to her house.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) Her inheritance.
8. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) Pepe will divorce her.
(b) Poncia will kill her.
(c) Adela will intervene.
(d) She will die in childbirth.
9. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
10. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
11. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
12. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
13. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That Pepe is in love with her.
(b) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is ready to have kids.
14. Finish this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "The rest of them: lots of fine lace and linen camisoles, but nothing to their names but bread and ______".
15. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
2. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
4. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
5. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)