|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Have her fun.
(b) Be married.
(c) Have children.
(d) Run the house.
2. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) There were not from the village.
(b) They were morally sound.
(c) They were good people.
(d) They were sane.
3. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With flowers in her hair.
(b) Loose hair and flowers.
(c) With no clothes on.
(d) With pants on.
4. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
5. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That Pepe is in love with her.
(c) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
(d) That she is ready to have kids.
6. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
(a) Her black veil.
(b) Her green dress.
(c) Her white shoes.
(d) Flowers in her hair.
7. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
(a) Fill them.
(b) Carve them.
(c) Make them.
(d) Embroider them.
8. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Happy and cheerful.
(b) Sad and melancholy.
(d) Tyrannical and demanding.
9. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
10. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(c) Scraps from the table.
11. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
12. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
13. Who do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias talk about at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Maria Josefa.
14. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
15. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Servant.
(d) The Sacristan.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
2. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
3. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
5. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)