|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A jingle bell.
(b) A yell.
(c) A siren.
(d) A church bell.
2. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is suspicious.
(b) He is irritating.
(c) He is worrisome.
(d) He is annoying.
3. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
4. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
5. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(c) The counters.
6. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The patio.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
7. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
8. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's grandmother.
(b) Bernarda's father.
(c) Bernarda's husband.
(d) Bernarda's mother.
9. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) She will die in childbirth.
(b) Poncia will kill her.
(c) Pepe will divorce her.
(d) Adela will intervene.
10. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her black dress.
(c) Her lace veil.
(d) Her string of pearls.
11. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
12. Who says that her body is hers to do with what she chooses?
13. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To snoop and criticize.
(b) To help out.
(c) To offer sympathy.
(d) To steal money.
14. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their dresses.
(b) Their headscarves.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their coats.
15. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
4. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)