|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Adela in the play, "If you don't want to embroider them, then ______ just as they are."
2. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
(a) Embroider them.
(b) Carve them.
(c) Make them.
(d) Fill them.
3. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To snoop and criticize.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To offer sympathy.
(d) To help out.
4. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Finish this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "The rest of them: lots of fine lace and linen camisoles, but nothing to their names but bread and ______".
6. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
7. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) Platters of food.
(c) An animal.
(d) Empty glasses.
8. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The patio.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
9. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
10. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
(c) Church services.
11. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
12. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "It is truly strange that two people that don't know each other would suddenly see each other at a window and become ________".
13. What does Magdalena say that Angustias did just like her father in Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Talked through her nose.
14. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
15. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
2. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
4. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
5. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)