|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernarda tell the servants to take her mother so she cannot be seen by the villagers?
(a) The attic.
(b) The basement.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The courtyard.
2. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Dresses and jewels.
(c) Pants and shirts.
3. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
(d) The Servant.
4. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) The window.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In her room.
(d) The door.
5. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
6. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(b) Running after children.
(c) Taking care of her husband.
7. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(b) Scraps from the table.
8. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
9. Which of the daughters says the real reason a young woman cannot leave her house is because she is afraid of Bernarda?
10. What color is the dress Adela changes into out of her mourning clothes?
11. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Church services.
12. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The patio.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
13. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
(a) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
14. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's mother.
(b) Bernarda's father.
(c) Bernarda's husband.
(d) Bernarda's grandmother.
15. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) Pepe will divorce her.
(b) She will die in childbirth.
(c) Poncia will kill her.
(d) Adela will intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
2. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
3. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
4. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
5. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)