|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A jingle bell.
(b) A church bell.
(c) A yell.
(d) A siren.
2. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
3. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) What they were talking about.
(b) If they are interested in her daughters.
(c) If they are married.
(d) If they are single.
4. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(c) The counters.
5. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
7. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda's mother.
8. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
9. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
10. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
11. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(b) Later on in the night.
(c) The way they came in.
(d) As soon as possible.
12. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The patio.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The back yard.
13. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "It is truly strange that two people that don't know each other would suddenly see each other at a window and become ________".
14. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
15. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(d) Scraps from the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
2. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
4. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
5. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)