|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
2. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The patio.
4. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Running after children.
(c) Taking care of her husband.
5. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
6. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(a) As soon as possible.
(c) Later on in the night.
(d) The way they came in.
7. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
8. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
9. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(b) A brightly colored fan.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A coat.
10. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) She will die in childbirth.
(b) Poncia will kill her.
(c) Adela will intervene.
(d) Pepe will divorce her.
11. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A Servant.
(c) A Beggar woman.
12. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
13. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
14. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
15. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say she is going into the village wearing the next day after the funeral?
2. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "It is truly strange that two people that don't know each other would suddenly see each other at a window and become ________".
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)