|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A jingle bell.
(b) A siren.
(c) A yell.
(d) A church bell.
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
4. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
5. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
6. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
7. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Three years.
8. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
9. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) Platters of food.
(c) Empty glasses.
(d) An animal.
10. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) They were morally sound.
(b) There were not from the village.
(c) They were good people.
(d) They were sane.
11. Which of the daughters says the real reason a young woman cannot leave her house is because she is afraid of Bernarda?
12. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Amelia and Magdalena.
(b) Magdalena and Amelia.
(c) Adela and Martirio.
(d) Adela and Poncia.
13. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
(b) Bernarda's late husband.
(c) Bernarda's father.
(d) Bernarda's brother.
14. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
15. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(a) Whatever Pepe asks.
(b) Whatever she can do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
3. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
4. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
5. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)