|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernarda tell the servants to take her mother so she cannot be seen by the villagers?
(a) The attic.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The basement.
2. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
3. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Happy and cheerful.
(c) Tyrannical and demanding.
(d) Sad and melancholy.
4. What does Poncia tell Adela will probably happen to Angustias soon after she marries Pepe that will allow her to marry him?
(a) She will die in childbirth.
(b) Adela will intervene.
(c) Poncia will kill her.
(d) Pepe will divorce her.
5. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
(a) Looked harder.
(d) Traveled more.
6. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
7. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's mother.
(b) Bernarda's grandmother.
(c) Bernarda's husband.
(d) Bernarda's father.
8. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is worrisome.
(b) He is suspicious.
(c) He is irritating.
(d) He is annoying.
9. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Another woman.
(b) Better things to do.
(d) Other interests.
10. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
(c) The Servant.
11. Complete the sentence spoken by Adela in the play, "If you don't want to embroider them, then ______ just as they are."
12. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
13. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
14. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
15. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
2. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
3. What does Bernarda tell the servants to do when she first enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)