|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(a) Whatever Pepe asks.
(b) Whatever she can do.
2. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
3. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
4. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Church services.
5. Who suggests that Adela give her dress to Angustias when she is married?
6. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
7. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
8. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) The Sacristan.
(d) The Servant.
9. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(d) Scraps from the table.
10. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
11. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her daughter's money.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) The deed to her house.
12. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cries of sympathy.
(d) Wails of grief.
13. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
14. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(c) Have a baby.
15. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
3. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
4. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
5. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)