|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
2. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
3. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
4. Who says that it's better to never even look at a man and that she's been afraid of men since she was a girl?
5. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
6. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
7. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
8. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) She doesn't need it.
(b) It looks bad.
(c) In memory of her father.
(d) It's in poor taste.
9. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
10. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
11. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
12. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) Platters of food.
(c) An animal.
(d) Empty glasses.
13. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
14. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) What they were talking about.
(b) If they are married.
(c) If they are single.
(d) If they are interested in her daughters.
15. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(a) The counters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
2. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
3. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
5. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)