|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(a) The way they came in.
(b) As soon as possible.
(d) Later on in the night.
3. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
4. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
5. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(a) Whatever she can do.
(b) Whatever Pepe asks.
6. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are married.
(b) What they were talking about.
(c) If they are interested in her daughters.
(d) If they are single.
8. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
9. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
10. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
11. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
12. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) An animal.
(b) Empty glasses.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) Platters of food.
13. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
(b) Good linens.
(c) Nice underwear.
14. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
15. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "In the paternoster his voice went up and up and up like a ________ slowly being filled with water."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda suggest her daughters can do with their hope chests during their time of mourning?
2. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
3. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
4. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)