|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
2. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(a) The counters.
3. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
5. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) In memory of her father.
(b) It looks bad.
(c) She doesn't need it.
(d) It's in poor taste.
6. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(c) Taking care of her husband.
(d) Running after children.
7. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With no clothes on.
(b) With flowers in her hair.
(c) With pants on.
(d) Loose hair and flowers.
9. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) Her daughter's money.
(d) The deed to her house.
10. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To offer sympathy.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To help out.
(d) To snoop and criticize.
11. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Bernarda's mother.
12. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That she is ready to have kids.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
(d) That Pepe is in love with her.
13. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
(a) They were good people.
(b) They were morally sound.
(c) They were sane.
(d) There were not from the village.
14. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(a) Whatever Pepe asks.
(d) Whatever she can do.
15. What does Poncia say men find soon after becoming married?
(a) Another woman.
(c) Other interests.
(d) Better things to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
2. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
3. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
4. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)