|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
2. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
3. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) In her nightgown.
4. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
5. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
6. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tyrannical and demanding.
(b) Sad and melancholy.
(d) Happy and cheerful.
7. What does Poncia make a pointed comment about regarding what the lace could be used for?
(a) Bed linens.
(b) A dress.
(c) Baby's clothes.
8. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "But they forget them when you put a plate of ______ in front of them".
9. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Bernarda's mother.
10. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(a) The way they came in.
(b) As soon as possible.
(c) Later on in the night.
11. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
12. What is the person who is locked up in another room of the house said to be?
13. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are interested in her daughters.
(b) If they are married.
(c) What they were talking about.
(d) If they are single.
14. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
15. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria Josefa ask Bernarda to give back of hers in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Maria Josefa say the women in the house's hearts will turn to near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
4. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
5. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)