|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The patio.
2. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
3. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
4. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
5. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) With pants on.
(b) With flowers in her hair.
(c) With no clothes on.
(d) Loose hair and flowers.
6. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(d) Scraps from the table.
7. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
8. Where does Bernarda tell the servants to take her mother so she cannot be seen by the villagers?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
9. Complete the sentence by Adela in the play, "Sometimes she looks into my room to see if I'm ________."
10. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
11. What does Bernarda meet with a lawyer about in the play?
(a) Her husband's will.
(b) The deed to her house.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her daughter's money.
12. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) He is suspicious.
(b) He is irritating.
(c) He is annoying.
(d) He is worrisome.
13. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
14. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Cries of sympathy.
(d) Wails of grief.
15. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slyly suggests that Adela plans on giving her body to Pepe?
2. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
3. Who comes to the door after Poncia goes out in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
5. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)