|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
(a) Bernarda's father.
(b) Bernarda's husband.
(c) Bernarda's mother.
(d) Bernarda's grandmother.
2. In what way does Bernarda tell Poncia to have the men leave the house?
(a) The way they came in.
(b) Later on in the night.
(c) As soon as possible.
3. What reason does Bernarda give Angustias to wipe off her makeup?
(a) It looks bad.
(b) She doesn't need it.
(c) It's in poor taste.
(d) In memory of her father.
4. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
5. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
6. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
7. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
8. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
(c) Pants and shirts.
(d) Dresses and jewels.
9. What do Bernarda and Poncia come in discussing regarding Angustias in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) That Pepe is in love with her.
(b) That she is going to inherit a lot of money.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she is ready to have kids.
10. What is the person who is locked up in another room of the house said to be?
11. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) Tyrannical and demanding.
(c) Sad and melancholy.
(d) Happy and cheerful.
12. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The Sacristan.
(d) The Servant.
13. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
14. What does Magdalena say that Angustias did just like her father in Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Talked through her nose.
15. Complete the sentence by Bernarda in the play, "You've told me that ________ times already, and I have chosen not to answer you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Adela complain about Martirio to Poncia in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Which of the daughters says the real reason a young woman cannot leave her house is because she is afraid of Bernarda?
4. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
5. Who do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias talk about at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)