|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
2. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Adela and Martirio.
(b) Adela and Poncia.
(c) Magdalena and Amelia.
(d) Amelia and Magdalena.
3. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
(b) Have a baby.
4. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Empty glasses.
(b) Platters of food.
(c) An animal.
(d) A bag of money.
6. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
7. Who do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias talk about at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Maria Josefa.
8. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
9. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The men working in the fields.
(b) The heat.
(c) Bernarda's late husband.
(d) The servants.
10. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
11. Finish this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "The rest of them: lots of fine lace and linen camisoles, but nothing to their names but bread and ______".
12. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their dresses.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their headscarves.
(d) Their coats.
13. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
(b) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
14. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) The door.
(b) In her room.
(c) The window.
(d) On the porch.
15. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
2. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia say about the woman and the men who abducted her?
4. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother is all dressed in near the end of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)