|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Martirio in the play, "It is truly strange that two people that don't know each other would suddenly see each other at a window and become ________".
2. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
(d) Bernarda's mother.
4. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A siren.
(b) A church bell.
(c) A yell.
(d) A jingle bell.
5. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) In her room.
(b) On the porch.
(c) The door.
(d) The window.
6. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
(a) Good linens.
(c) Nice underwear.
7. At what time does Poncia reveal she was up and saw Pepe talking with Angustias at her window?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
8. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Tyrannical and demanding.
(b) Happy and cheerful.
(d) Sad and melancholy.
9. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A coat.
(d) A brightly colored fan.
10. What does Bernarda claim is the only reason the mourners came to her house after they had gone out?
(a) To offer sympathy.
(b) To help out.
(c) To steal money.
(d) To snoop and criticize.
11. How does Adela seem when she comes into the room in Act 2, Part 1?
12. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The heat.
(b) Bernarda's late husband.
(c) The men working in the fields.
(d) The servants.
13. What does the person who comes to the door in Act 1, Part 1, say they always get from the house?
(d) Scraps from the table.
14. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The patio.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The front yard.
15. Complete this sentence spoken by Poncia in the play, "On that day I will lock myself up in a room with her and _______ at her for an entire year."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda order Poncia to bring her and the mourners at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
2. What do Martirio and Amelia show Adela that is for Angustias in Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
5. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)