|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "_________ is to blame, it makes life impossible".
2. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
4. Which of the daughters does not run out to see Pepe when he arrives at the house in Act 1, Part 3?
5. Who does the Servant say she is glad will never force her to have sex with him?
(a) Bernarda's late husband.
(b) Bernarda's father.
(c) Bernarda's brother.
6. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
7. How does Angustias describe her proposal from Pepe?
(c) Very casual.
8. What does Adela say is the worst possible time for her to be doing at this time of her life in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Be in love.
(b) Go out of town.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Be in mourning.
9. Who goes out to get linen for the girls to start work on their hope chests?
10. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
11. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their headscarves.
(b) Their coats.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their dresses.
12. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
13. Complete the sentence by Magdalena in the play, "If you're arguing about the ________, you are the richest one anyway, you can keep it all."
14. What does Poncia say Angustias will be busy doing soon after she's married?
(a) Running after children.
(c) Taking care of her husband.
15. What does Poncia inspect and finds spots on?
(a) The counters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "Cling to that ______, and forget him."
3. What does Maria Josefa say that she wants to do near the end of Act 1, Part 3?
4. What do the servants' complaints change to when Bernarda enters the room in Act 1, Part 1?
5. How many daughters does Bernarda have?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)