|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Amelia, Magdalena, Martirio, and Angustias sit doing with Poncia at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. Who does the servant tell Bernarda was looking at the men on the patio?
3. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The heat.
(b) Bernarda's late husband.
(c) The men working in the fields.
(d) The servants.
4. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A brightly colored fan.
(d) A coat.
5. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
6. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
(c) Whatever she can do.
(d) Whatever Pepe asks.
7. How does Poncia say she saw Adela sitting at her window the night before in Act 2, Part 1?
(d) In her nightgown.
8. How many years does Poncia say she has worked for Bernarda?
9. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
10. Who are the only ones not to go out after the Servant comes in saying Bernarda wants to see her daughters in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) Adela and Poncia.
(b) Magdalena and Amelia.
(c) Adela and Martirio.
(d) Amelia and Magdalena.
11. What does Poncia suggest Bernarda's family could have done after Bernarda says the men in the village are not good enough for her daughters?
(a) Traveled more.
(b) Looked harder.
12. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
(b) The Sacristan.
(c) The Servant.
13. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
14. What time did Poncia say she actually heard Pepe leave the house in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
15. What does Poncia come in with as the women mourners go out in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) An animal.
(c) Platters of food.
(d) Empty glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bernarda tell Poncia to take drinks to the men who are at her house mourning?
2. Who tells how her husband came to her window and proposed by saying he wanted to touch her?
3. What do the bells announce the last of in the day in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does the Servant run out doing at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda tell her daughters that she will do as long as she's alive in Act 1, Part 3?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)