Short Essay Questions Key
1. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia say about Bernarda's daughters at the beginning of the play?
4. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
5. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
6. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
7. In what way do the Servants' attitude change once Bernarda returns from her husband's funeral?
8. What does Bernarda do to make the Servant cry at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
9. What do Bernarda and the mourners make small talk about at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
10. What is the nature of Poncia and Bernarda's conversation regarding taking drinks to the men on the patio?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)