Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1 Part 1
1. What are Poncia and a Servant doing at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Poncia say regarding Bernarda's mother in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Poncia say about Bernarda's daughters at the beginning of the play?
4. What reason does a Beggar Woman come to Bernarda's house?
5. How does the Servant respond to the Beggar Woman who visits Bernarda's house?
6. What does the Servant say about Bernarda's late husband in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 946 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)