Short Answer Questions Key
1. What noise is heard at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
A church bell.
2. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. What is Bernarda returning home from at the beginning of the play?
4. Who has just died at the beginning of the play?
5. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
Tyrannical and demanding.
6. Who is said to be locked up in another room of the house in Act 1, Part 1?
7. What is the person who is locked up in another room of the house said to be?
This section contains 4,312 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)