|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words do the two servants use to describe Bernarda before she returns home in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Sad and melancholy.
(b) Tyrannical and demanding.
(c) Happy and cheerful.
2. At what time does Poncia tell Bernarda that Pepe was at their house the night before?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
3. What does Martirio say was just a joke in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Her stealing Pepe's picture.
(b) Pepe wanting to marry Angustias.
(c) Her making fun of Adela.
(d) Her wanting to move out of the house.
4. What is Bernarda's mother's name?
5. Complete the sentence by Amelia in the play, "It's not as if Pepe was a _______ Saint Bartholomew."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bernarda's daughter who stops crying after the women go out in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does a woman who was abducted from her home return the following morning with, according to the story in Act 1, Part 3?
3. Who does Poncia say is a wonderful singer in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who makes a pointed comment about Adela not sleeping well in Act 2, Part 1?
5. What does Bernarda tell Poncia to bring out to the men who gave her money?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)