|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter who talks about a young woman the family used to know that was sociable but isn't allowed anywhere now?
2. What news does the Servant bring in about something happening at the top of the street from the house?
(a) Adela running away.
(c) A huge crowd gathering.
(d) A person being hanged.
3. What does Bernarda ask Poncia regarding the men on the patio in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) If they are single.
(b) If they are married.
(c) If they are interested in her daughters.
(d) What they were talking about.
4. What does Martirio say is one of the few good things she has left in her life?
(c) Nice underwear.
(d) Good linens.
5. Complete the sentence by Poncia in the play, "If she starts having children you'll be _____ day and night."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Servant say Bernarda's mother wished to do in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What does Adela say she would do to put out the fire she feels?
3. What does a woman come and do for the men working in the fields?
4. Complete this sentence spoken by the Servant in the play, "Floors, cupboards, pedestals, iron bed frames polished with oil, while those of us who live in huts of mud with only a spoon and a plate to our name have to swallow the bitter ______."
5. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "Yes, to fill my house with the ____ of their underskirts and their venomous tongues."
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)