|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bernarda's oldest daughter?
2. What color are the pitchers Poncia hands out in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Where does Poncia go to listen to the last prayers of the day?
(a) The door.
(b) The window.
(c) In her room.
(d) On the porch.
4. Which of the following do Bernarda and the mourners not make small talk about in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The servants.
(b) Bernarda's late husband.
(c) The heat.
(d) The men working in the fields.
5. What part of the daughters' clothes does Bernarda say they cannot change in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Their headscarves.
(b) Their dresses.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the sentence spoken by Bernarda in the play, "With the ___ that opens all doors, and the hand that closes them."
2. What is the name of the person cleaning with a servant at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
3. What does Adela give Bernarda that she throws to the side?
4. How many years does Bernarda say she and her family will have to be in mourning?
5. During Bernarda's conversation with the mourners, what does she tell her daughters not to do?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)