|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who finds the house of the old woman where the boys are staying?
(a) The farmer.
(b) An old man.
(c) Two women and a couple children.
(d) Two guards.
2. In Chapter 2, how often are the boys allowed to use the baths?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
3. When the man with the goats sends the boys away in Chapter 2, how long does he say that his dogs will follow them?
(a) 1/3 of a mile.
(b) 1/2 a mile.
(c) A mile.
(d) 2 miles.
4. In Chapter 3, when there is a revolt, who defeats the marauding forces?
5. In Chapter 2, how many guards lead Orestes away from the palace?
6. How does the man die in Chapter 2 whom the guards find and take water from?
(a) Poisoned water.
(b) Stabbed in the back.
(c) Poisoned food.
(d) Knife to the throat.
7. In Chapter 3, who comes to the palace the morning after most of the boys are returned home?
(a) 2 soldiers.
(b) 4 of the elders.
(c) 3 guards.
(d) Theodotus and the father of Mitros.
8. In Chapter 3, who sends a message and asks Electra to go to his house?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Electra remember hearing at nightfall when she and her sister would meet in a deserted place?
(a) Howls of wolves.
(b) Shrieks of hawks.
(d) Calls of owls.
10. How long does it take the old woman to weave poison into the garment that Clytemnestra gives her?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Several hours.
11. In Chapter 3, when a messenger comes with a message for Aegisthus' what does Electra sees in Aegisthus' eyes?
12. What was the name of the woman who returned with Agamemnon?
13. In Chapter 2, when the boys are set upon by dogs after leaving the man with goats, where does a dog grab Leander?
14. In Chapter 2, how many children do a man and a woman have when Orestes and the guards find them and take water?
15. In Chapter 3, what does Theodotus say happened to the boys when they were imprisoned?
(a) Well care for.
(b) Entertained and given tutors.
(c) Taught to fight.
(d) Beaten, badly treated, and starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, after Clytemnestra orders men to search for Orestes and the other boys, what does Electra compare her to?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, who does Clytemnestra see at the end of her bed watching her?
3. In Chapter 3, who does Electra think might be a good husband for her?
4. In Chapter 1, why is Iphigenia murdered?
5. What does Clytemnestra have for Agamemnon when he comes home from murdering Iphigenia?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)