|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Barrymore make the discovery of why Sir Charles went to the gate the night he died?
(a) Mrs. Barrymore found the charred remains of a letter.
(b) Barrymore overheard a conversation with Sir Charles.
(c) Mrs. Barrymore made plans to help Sir Charles to the gate.
(d) Barrymore followed Sir Charles to the gate.
2. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A train.
(b) A woman sobbing.
(c) The baying of a hound.
(d) A man screaming.
3. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
(b) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
(c) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
(d) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
4. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(b) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
(c) He does not know how to serve himself.
(d) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is L.L.?
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. What is the Baskerville curse?
4. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
5. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)