|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing a man scream on the moor, what do Watson and Holmes hear next?
(b) A carriage rattling behind them.
(c) The baying of the hound.
(d) A woman sobbing.
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(c) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
3. In his gratitude for Sir Henry's decision about Selden, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) Sir Charles was hoping to confront the hound head-on.
(b) Sir Charles was protecting Mrs. Barrymore.
(c) Sir Charles knew he was going to die.
(d) Sir Charles was at the gate to meet a woman.
4. What is Frankland wishing to celebrate?
(a) He won a large settlement.
(b) He won a lawsuit.
(c) He has decided to reunite with his daughter.
(d) He found the hound.
5. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(b) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(c) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(d) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
2. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
4. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
5. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)