|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
(a) He did not trust Watson.
(b) He knew Watson would tell Sir Henry.
(c) He was afraid for Watson's safety.
(d) He did not want Watson to inadvertently reveal to the enemy that he was there.
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
3. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
(a) Sir Henry.
4. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
(a) Selden had informed his brother-in-law that the man has a young boy bringing him what he needs.
(b) Selden reports that the man is a foreigner.
(c) Selden sees a young woman frequently going to vsiti the man with supplies.
(d) Selden believes he is an appartion.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance to his bedroom.
(b) Fox Tor.
(c) Grimpen Mire.
(d) The entrance of the yew alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
3. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
4. Who is L.L.?
5. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)