|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
(a) Dr. Mortimer tells Watson about where Barrymore was the night Sir Charles died.
(b) Barrymore inadvertently admits he was out in the halls the night before.
(c) Watson hears Barrymore tell his wife he heard the hound out on the moors.
(d) Watson notes that Mrs. Barrymore's eyes are red and swollen.
2. Where is the man on the moor staying?
(a) The Grimpen Mire.
(b) The stone huts on the hillside.
(c) A tin miner's hut.
(d) Fox Tor.
3. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Care Hospital.
(b) Charing Court Hospital.
(c) Charing Cross Hospital.
(d) Christian Cross Hospital.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(c) Holmes advises him to return home.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
5. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
(a) A mysterious, sad moan.
(b) Someone screaming.
(c) The baying of a hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stapleton's profession?
2. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
3. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
4. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
5. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)