|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
2. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Henry Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Harry Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville II.
3. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
(a) He realizes it is a signal.
(b) He realizes that Barrymore is plotting to burn down Baskerville Hall.
(c) He realizes that Barrymore is using it to burn letters.
(d) He realizes that Barrymore is merely trying to write in secret at night.
4. What manner of narration is used in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Mortimer's journal entries.
(b) Letters to Dr. Mortimer.
(c) Dr. Watson's journal entries.
(d) Letters to Holmes.
5. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
(a) Leave a hurt animal behind.
(b) Shoot the unarmed convict.
(c) Reassure Sir Henry that the hound is not real.
(d) Go further into the Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
2. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
3. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
4. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
5. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)