|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles so secretly?
(a) She wanted to avoid a scandal by meeting privately with a bachelor.
(b) She wanted to keep her relationship a secret from her estranged husband.
(c) She wanted to keep her friendship with Sir Charles secret from her father.
(d) She did not want to face Barrymore.
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) His cruel humor.
(b) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
(c) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(d) His scarred face.
3. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(d) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
4. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry.
5. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
(a) He goes back to Baskerville Hall.
(b) He goes to the Grimpen Mire.
(c) He goes to the Fox Tor to search for Sir Henry.
(d) He goes to the spot where he saw the boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
3. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
4. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)