|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Study Holmes's skull.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(d) Write a letter to Holmes.
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(b) The company of Watson.
(c) The company of Sir Henry.
(d) The company of Barrymore.
3. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A barrister.
(b) A naturalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A professor.
4. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(c) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(d) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Sir Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
2. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
3. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
4. What does Watson find in the stone hut that pertains to him?
5. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)