|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They hear someone screaming for help.
(b) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(d) They find a dead body.
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(d) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. How did the man found on the moor die?
(a) He was chased off a cliff.
(b) He was trampled by a Devonshire pony.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He sank into the Grimpen Mire.
5. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(b) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(c) The sender is not English.
(d) The sender is highly disturbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is L.L.?
2. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)