|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
(a) He finds her to be beautiful and out of place.
(b) He finds her to be very humorous.
(c) He finds her off-putting.
(d) He finds her to be very plain and sturdy.
2. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
(b) Sir Henry.
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(b) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(c) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(d) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
4. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
(a) He watched Watson all the way from Frankland's manor.
(b) His footprints.
(c) His cigarette stub.
(d) He heard Watson mumbling to himself.
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(b) Dr. John Watson.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Professor James Moriarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)