|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) Her husband is cheating on her.
(b) The escaped convict is her brother.
(c) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(d) She is cheating on her husband.
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
(a) Someone screaming.
(c) A mysterious, sad moan.
(d) The baying of a hound.
3. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
(a) The people in Coombe Tracy.
(b) Sir Henry's heirs.
(c) Sir Henry's servants and neighbors.
(d) Dr. Mortimer and his friends.
4. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(c) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(d) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
2. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
3. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
5. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)