|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
(a) Barrymore admits that his wife answered the telegram in his stead.
(b) Barrymore admits that he sent Sir Henry the warning letter.
(c) Barrymore admits that he has been walking the halls at night.
(d) Barrymore admits that he was the man in London.
2. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The current Devonshire Times.
(b) The previous day's London Times.
(c) The current London TImes.
(d) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
3. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
(a) Make it a memorial to Sir Charles.
(b) Open it up for the public.
(c) Install electric lights to dispel the gloom.
(d) Tear it down.
4. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(b) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(d) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
5. Where does chapter one take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
2. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
5. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)