|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(b) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
(c) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
(d) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
2. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is not English.
(b) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(c) The sender is highly disturbed.
(d) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
3. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
(a) The convict has likely escaped the area.
(b) The convict will likely be caught soon.
(c) The convict has probably died out on the moors.
(d) The convict will likely turn himself in to escape the inhospitable moor.
4. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
(a) He realizes it is a signal.
(b) He realizes that Barrymore is merely trying to write in secret at night.
(c) He realizes that Barrymore is plotting to burn down Baskerville Hall.
(d) He realizes that Barrymore is using it to burn letters.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Barrymore angry after Sir Henry and Watson learn the truth of his strange behavior?
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
3. How did the man found on the moor die?
4. What does Mrs. Lyons credit to Sir Charles?
5. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)