|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The current London TImes.
(b) The previous day's London Times.
(c) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(d) The current Devonshire Times.
2. Who is L.L.?
(a) Laura Lancaster, the youngest sister of Frankland.
(b) There is no L.L.
(c) Laura Lols, the cousin of Stapleton.
(d) Laura Lyons, the daughter of Frankland.
3. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(b) They find a dead body.
(c) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) They hear someone screaming for help.
4. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Fox Tor.
(b) The entrance of the yew alley.
(c) The entrance to his bedroom.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
5. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(c) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(d) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
2. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
3. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
4. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
5. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)