|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
(a) She is actually Stapleton's wife.
(b) She is Frankland's daughter.
(c) She is the murderer.
(d) She is actually Stapleton's daughter.
2. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(b) Mice in the attic.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) A hound baying.
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to marry and start a family.
(b) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(c) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(d) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
4. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
(a) Barrymore admits that he was the man in London.
(b) Barrymore admits that his wife answered the telegram in his stead.
(c) Barrymore admits that he sent Sir Henry the warning letter.
(d) Barrymore admits that he has been walking the halls at night.
5. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(b) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(c) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(d) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
2. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
3. What is Stapleton's profession?
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
5. How did Barrymore make the discovery of why Sir Charles went to the gate the night he died?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)