|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Dr. John Watson.
(b) Professor James Moriarty.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry Baskerville.
2. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
(a) Henry will allow Stapleton to inspect the grounds every night for signs of the hound.
(b) Henry will go with Stapleton on a moth-catching expedition so that he might get to know his sister's suitor better.
(c) Henry will build a friendship with Miss Stapleton for three months, after which he will be allowed to start wooing her.
(d) Henry will allow Miss Stapleton to accompany him on a trip to London.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, unambitious doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) A young, ambitious doctor.
(d) An older, caring doctor.
4. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
(b) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(c) Around forty and of military bearing.
(d) Around sixty and gray.
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(b) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(c) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(d) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
3. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
4. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
5. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)