|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Court Hospital.
(b) Christian Care Hospital.
(c) Christian Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
2. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) An older, caring doctor.
(b) A young, ambitious doctor.
(c) An older, incompetent doctor.
(d) A young, unambitious doctor.
3. Who is the man on the moor?
(a) Dr. Mortimer.
(c) Sir Charles.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
(a) Watson believes that Holmes's deception allowed the villain to get away.
(b) Watson believes Holmes was in grave danger.
(c) Watson believes his careful reports to Holmes have been a waste of time.
(d) Watson believes Sir Henry was put at a higher risk by Holmes's deception.
5. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(b) The hound.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A mysterious man on the moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
2. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
3. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
4. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)