|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A pony is slowly sinking into the mire.
(c) A hound.
(d) A boot.
2. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A naturalist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A barrister.
(d) A doctor.
3. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
(a) She appears to be in a deep sorrow of mysterious origin.
(b) She appears to be very frightened at the story of the hound.
(c) She appears to not have a care in the world.
(d) She appears to be very ill.
4. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
(a) He did not want Watson to inadvertently reveal to the enemy that he was there.
(b) He knew Watson would tell Sir Henry.
(c) He did not trust Watson.
(d) He was afraid for Watson's safety.
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
3. What does Watson find in the stone hut that pertains to him?
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)