|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(b) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(c) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(b) He found where the convict is hiding.
(c) He found evidence of the hound.
(d) He found gold in the soil.
4. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They hear someone screaming for help.
(b) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(c) They find a dead body.
(d) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
5. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
(a) He sees a herd of wild ponies running over the moor.
(b) He sees the moor people welcoming him to Baskerville Hall.
(c) He is excited to be back in Devonshire.
(d) He sees a beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his gratitude for Sir Henry's decision about Selden, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry and Watson?
2. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
4. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
5. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)