|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He fires Barrymore.
(b) He strikes Barrymore.
(c) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(d) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
2. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(c) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(d) He wished to marry and start a family.
3. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
(a) Make it a memorial to Sir Charles.
(b) Open it up for the public.
(c) Tear it down.
(d) Install electric lights to dispel the gloom.
4. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(b) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(c) Barrymore's brother.
(d) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
5. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman sobbing.
(b) Mice in the attic.
(c) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(d) A hound baying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. Who is the man on the moor?
3. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
4. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)