|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(b) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(c) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(d) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
2. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Henry Baskerville.
(b) Charles Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Hank Baskerville.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(b) Hugo marries the girl.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
4. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
(a) He realizes that Barrymore is using it to burn letters.
(b) He realizes that Barrymore is merely trying to write in secret at night.
(c) He realizes that Barrymore is plotting to burn down Baskerville Hall.
(d) He realizes it is a signal.
5. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A hound.
(c) A pony is slowly sinking into the mire.
(d) A boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
3. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
4. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
5. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)