|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(b) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
(c) She bribed his servant.
(d) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
2. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(c) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(d) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
3. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is not English.
(b) The sender is highly disturbed.
(c) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(d) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown boot.
(b) An old suitcoat.
(c) An old boot.
(d) A brown hat.
5. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
(a) He goes to the Fox Tor to search for Sir Henry.
(b) He goes back to Baskerville Hall.
(c) He goes to the spot where he saw the boy.
(d) He goes to the Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
2. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)