|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
(a) He tried to track down the murderer himself.
(b) He wrote to his servants.
(c) He tried to go to the bank.
(d) He spent an afternoon alone.
2. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
(a) Stapleton tries to hire the Barrymores away from Sir Henry.
(b) Stapleton attempts to pay Sir Henry to leave for London.
(c) Stapleton apologizes for his rudeness to Sir Henry in regards to his sister.
(d) Stapleton strikes Sir Henry for talking to his sister.
3. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
(a) The area where, according to the story, Hugo Baskerville was killed.
(b) The place where the convict is believed to have been last seen.
(c) The Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hound's Tor.
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
(a) Dr. Mortimer told him.
(b) Frankland told him.
(c) Barrymore told him.
(d) Stapleton told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
2. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
3. How did the man found on the moor die?
4. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
5. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)