|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(b) The date was on one of the words.
(c) The font.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
2. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(b) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(c) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(d) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
3. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(b) He found gold in the soil.
(c) He found evidence of the hound.
(d) He found where the convict is hiding.
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A dog.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Fox Tor.
(b) The entrance of the yew alley.
(c) The entrance to his bedroom.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
2. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
3. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
4. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
5. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)