Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Care Hospital.
(b) Charing Cross Hospital.
(c) Charing Court Hospital.
(d) Christian Cross Hospital.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. How does the hound die?
(a) The hound is shot several times by Holmes.
(b) The hound is caught in a steel trap.
(c) The hound is nearly starved to death and collapses from exhaustion.
(d) The hound is chased into the Grimpen Mire.
4. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(b) At the theater.
(c) In an art gallery.
(d) Playing violin.
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found where the convict is hiding.
(b) He found evidence of the hound.
(c) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(d) He found gold in the soil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
2. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
3. What do the men deduce happened to Stapleton?
4. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
5. In his gratitude for Sir Henry's decision about Selden, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry and Watson?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)