|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 221 South London Street.
3. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To never go out on the moor.
(c) To always have a dog with him.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo marries the girl.
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
(b) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(c) Sir Charles was actually running.
(d) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
4. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)