|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 221 South London Street.
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The date was on one of the words.
(b) The font.
(c) The color of the newsprint.
(d) He found the cut-up newspaper.
4. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) The best detective in Europe.
(b) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
(c) A lucky detective.
(d) The second-best detective in Europe.
5. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He wished to marry and start a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
4. Where did Sir Charles die?
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)