Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 221 South London Street.
(d) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
2. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(b) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(d) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(a) A carriage.
(b) The hound.
(c) A mysterious man on the moor.
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(b) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(c) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(d) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
5. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hank Baskerville.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sir Charles die?
2. What is the Baskerville curse?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)