Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A bone.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A will.
(d) A walking stick.
3. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
(a) Henry will go with Stapleton on a moth-catching expedition so that he might get to know his sister's suitor better.
(b) Henry will allow Miss Stapleton to accompany him on a trip to London.
(c) Henry will build a friendship with Miss Stapleton for three months, after which he will be allowed to start wooing her.
(d) Henry will allow Stapleton to inspect the grounds every night for signs of the hound.
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(b) The current London TImes.
(c) The previous day's London Times.
(d) The current Devonshire Times.
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A black boot.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A black hat.
(d) An overcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
2. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
3. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
4. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)