One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram from Canada.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A bank note.
2. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
(a) Dr. Mortimer.
3. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
(a) Watson believes that Holmes's deception allowed the villain to get away.
(b) Watson believes his careful reports to Holmes have been a waste of time.
(c) Watson believes Sir Henry was put at a higher risk by Holmes's deception.
(d) Watson believes Holmes was in grave danger.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
5. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Watson.
(b) The company of Barrymore.
(c) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(d) The company of Sir Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
2. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
3. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
4. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)