|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
2. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
3. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
4. For what does Millie apologize?
5. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suzy is the only character who has firm plans to leave the doomed hotel.
Part 1) What are her plans?
Part 2) What do the others think about her plan? Why do they feel this way?
Part 3) Do you agree with the other guests about Suzy's plans? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are comedic sections in this play.
Part 1) Describe two comedic events.
Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why?
Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
Essay Topic 3
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)