|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
2. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
3. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
4. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
5. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are comedic sections in this play.
Part 1) Describe two comedic events.
Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why?
Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
Essay Topic 2
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 3
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)