|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
2. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
3. What occurs on the other side of the room?
4. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
5. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the Hotel Baltimore.
Part 1) Describe this setting.
Part 2) How does the setting reflect the characters?
Part 3) The play is set in the present. How is it relevant at any time?
Essay Topic 2
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 3
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)