|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Millie remind Jackie?
2. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
3. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
4. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
5. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 2
Jackie has not returned after six hours.
Part 1) Why has she not returned?
Part 2) How does this affect her brother?
Part 3) Predict the outcome of this? Will she return? Why or why not? What will become of Jamie?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the broken down hotel are all vulnerable or broken in some way.
Part 1) Describe the characters.
Part 2) Why are they broken down?
Part 3) Will they ever be able to get out of this broken down state? Why or why not?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)