|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
2. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
3. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
4. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
5. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1This play is one that has no dominant plot line, just a series of personal dramas by each of the residents of the hotel. Part 1) Name two of the personal dramas. Part 2) How do they help the play progress? Part 3) Why has the playwright chosen to use personal dramas rather than a dominant plot line?
Essay Topic 2Paul is searching for his grandfather. Part 1) What does he learn about his grandfather at the hotel? Part 2) Why is Paul so desperate to find his grandfather? Part 3) Why does Paul suddenly end his search? What does this say about Paul's character?
Essay Topic 3There are comedic sections in this play. Part 1) Describe two comedic events. Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why? Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)