|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
Essay Topic 1
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jackie and Jamie are siblings.
Part 1) How does Jackie feel about Jamie? Why?
Part 2) Give an example from the play showing how Jackie feels about Jamie.
Part 3) What does Jackie do to Jamie that is shocking? Why does she do this?
This section contains 1,788 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)