|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
2. Who is Girl?
3. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
4. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
5. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
2. What does April catch Bill doing?
3. How does Act 3 open?
4. How does the Girl try to help Paul?
5. What does Jackie do for Mr. Morse?
6. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
7. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
8. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
9. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
10. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in the broken down hotel are all vulnerable or broken in some way.
Part 1) Describe the characters.
Part 2) Why are they broken down?
Part 3) Will they ever be able to get out of this broken down state? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is a confrontation between Mr. Katz and Jackie.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why might Jackie have done this?
Part 3) How does this change her character and relationship with the others, including her own brother?
Essay Topic 3
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)