|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie decide to do?
2. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
3. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
4. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
5. Why is the topic dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 open?
2. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
3. What does Millie say about the Pioneer Hotel?
4. How does the play open?
5. Why does Suzy return?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
8. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
9. Why does Mrs. Bellotti enter the scene?
10. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 3
Jackie and Jamie are siblings.
Part 1) How does Jackie feel about Jamie? Why?
Part 2) Give an example from the play showing how Jackie feels about Jamie.
Part 3) What does Jackie do to Jamie that is shocking? Why does she do this?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)