|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the topic dropped?
2. What does Jackie decide to do?
3. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
4. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
5. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
2. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
3. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
4. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
5. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
6. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
7. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
8. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
9. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
10. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the Hotel Baltimore.
Part 1) Describe this setting.
Part 2) How does the setting reflect the characters?
Part 3) The play is set in the present. How is it relevant at any time?
Essay Topic 2
Millie is originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Part 1) What stories does she have form growing up here?
Part 2) How do her memories affect the other characters? Why are they affected this way?
Part 3) Why is Millie an intriguing character to some of the others?
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,730 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)