|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
2. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
3. What is Jackie's problem?
4. Who is Girl?
5. Why can this character not sleep in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April catch Bill doing?
2. What does the Girl suggest to Paul about his grandfather?
3. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
4. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
5. How does Mrs. Bellotti react when she cannot persuade Mr. Katz to let her son stay?
6. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
7. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
8. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
9. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
10. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jackie has not returned after six hours.
Part 1) Why has she not returned?
Part 2) How does this affect her brother?
Part 3) Predict the outcome of this? Will she return? Why or why not? What will become of Jamie?
Essay Topic 3
This play is one that has no dominant plot line, just a series of personal dramas by each of the residents of the hotel.
Part 1) Name two of the personal dramas.
Part 2) How do they help the play progress?
Part 3) Why has the playwright chosen to use personal dramas rather than a dominant plot line?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)