|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
3. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
4. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
2. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
5. Why does Mrs. Bellotti enter the scene?
6. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
7. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
8. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
9. How does the play end?
10. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paul is searching for his grandfather.
Part 1) What does he learn about his grandfather at the hotel?
Part 2) Why is Paul so desperate to find his grandfather?
Part 3) Why does Paul suddenly end his search? What does this say about Paul's character?
Essay Topic 2
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
This section contains 1,661 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)