|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
2. Why can this character not sleep in?
3. What is Millie's reply?
4. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
2. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
3. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
4. What information does Paul share with the girl?
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
6. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
7. How does Act 3 open?
8. How does Act 2 open?
9. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
10. What does April tell Jamie to reassure him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
Essay Topic 2
Jackie has not returned after six hours.
Part 1) Why has she not returned?
Part 2) How does this affect her brother?
Part 3) Predict the outcome of this? Will she return? Why or why not? What will become of Jamie?
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)