|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
Essay Topic 1
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 2
The play was written in 1973.
Part 1) When is this play supposed to take place? Does it seem like that, as you read it? Why or why not?
Part 2) Could this play take place at any time? Why or why not?
Part 3) What updates would you make to the play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
This section contains 1,788 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)