|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Millie proud?
2. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
3. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
4. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
5. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
2. How does the play open?
3. What does April tell Jamie to reassure him?
4. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
5. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
6. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
7. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
8. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
9. What is going on on the other side of the room?
10. How does Suzy leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the Hotel Baltimore.
Part 1) Describe this setting.
Part 2) How does the setting reflect the characters?
Part 3) The play is set in the present. How is it relevant at any time?
Essay Topic 2
This play is one that has no dominant plot line, just a series of personal dramas by each of the residents of the hotel.
Part 1) Name two of the personal dramas.
Part 2) How do they help the play progress?
Part 3) Why has the playwright chosen to use personal dramas rather than a dominant plot line?
Essay Topic 3
Jackie and Jamie are siblings.
Part 1) How does Jackie feel about Jamie? Why?
Part 2) Give an example from the play showing how Jackie feels about Jamie.
Part 3) What does Jackie do to Jamie that is shocking? Why does she do this?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)