|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
2. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
3. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
4. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
5. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
2. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
3. Where do Millie and the Girl go?
4. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
5. How does Mrs. Bellotti react when she cannot persuade Mr. Katz to let her son stay?
6. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
7. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
8. How does Act 3 open?
9. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
10. How does Suzy leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
Essay Topic 2
Jackie has not returned after six hours.
Part 1) Why has she not returned?
Part 2) How does this affect her brother?
Part 3) Predict the outcome of this? Will she return? Why or why not? What will become of Jamie?
Essay Topic 3
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)