|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the hotel lobby?
2. What is Millie's reply?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
2. What information does Paul share with the girl?
3. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
4. How does the play open?
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
6. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
7. How does the play end?
8. About what does April complain?
9. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
10. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play was written in 1973.
Part 1) When is this play supposed to take place? Does it seem like that, as you read it? Why or why not?
Part 2) Could this play take place at any time? Why or why not?
Part 3) What updates would you make to the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)