|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
2. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
3. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
4. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
5. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
2. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
3. What is going on on the other side of the room?
4. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel? What does Millie tell her?
6. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
7. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
8. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
9. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
10. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Girl remains nameless.
Part 1) Describe the Girl.
Part 2) Does she seem to notice or mind not being called by a name? Why might be the reason for the way she reacts to being called Girl?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in leaving her nameless?
Essay Topic 2
Millie is originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Part 1) What stories does she have form growing up here?
Part 2) How do her memories affect the other characters? Why are they affected this way?
Part 3) Why is Millie an intriguing character to some of the others?
Essay Topic 3
Jackie and Jamie are siblings.
Part 1) How does Jackie feel about Jamie? Why?
Part 2) Give an example from the play showing how Jackie feels about Jamie.
Part 3) What does Jackie do to Jamie that is shocking? Why does she do this?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)