|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can this character not sleep in?
2. What does Bill begin to do?
3. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
4. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
2. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
3. How does Paul respond to this news? What does the Girl do to try to cheer him up?
4. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
5. What takes place at the beginning of Act 3 between April, Mr. Morse, the Girl, and Bill?
6. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
7. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
8. How does the Girl try to help Paul?
9. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
10. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the Hotel Baltimore.
Part 1) Describe this setting.
Part 2) How does the setting reflect the characters?
Part 3) The play is set in the present. How is it relevant at any time?
Essay Topic 2
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)