Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
Essay Topic 1
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Katz is the hotel manager.
Part 1) What is his significance in the play?
Part 2) Why do many of the characters desire to speak with him?
Part 3) What does he seem to think about the fate of the hotel? Why?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)