|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
2. What is this play about?
3. Why is this distracting?
4. What is Millie's reply?
5. What is Jackie's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
2. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
3. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
4. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
5. What takes place at the beginning of Act 3 between April, Mr. Morse, the Girl, and Bill?
6. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
7. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
8. How does Act 3 open?
9. How does Suzy leave?
10. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Millie is originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Part 1) What stories does she have form growing up here?
Part 2) How do her memories affect the other characters? Why are they affected this way?
Part 3) Why is Millie an intriguing character to some of the others?
Essay Topic 2
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)