|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill once more tell Mr. Morse?
2. Why is the topic dropped?
3. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
4. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
5. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
2. How does the play open?
3. How does Act 3 open?
4. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
5. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
6. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
7. What takes place at the beginning of Act 3 between April, Mr. Morse, the Girl, and Bill?
8. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
9. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
10. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
This play is one that has no dominant plot line, just a series of personal dramas by each of the residents of the hotel.
Part 1) Name two of the personal dramas.
Part 2) How do they help the play progress?
Part 3) Why has the playwright chosen to use personal dramas rather than a dominant plot line?
Essay Topic 3
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)