Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
Essay Topic 1
There are comedic sections in this play.
Part 1) Describe two comedic events.
Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why?
Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the broken down hotel are all vulnerable or broken in some way.
Part 1) Describe the characters.
Part 2) Why are they broken down?
Part 3) Will they ever be able to get out of this broken down state? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,788 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)