|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jackie's problem?
2. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
3. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
4. What about the hotel has diminished?
5. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
2. What does April catch Bill doing?
3. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
4. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
5. Where do Millie and the Girl go?
6. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
7. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
8. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
9. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
10. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 2
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Paul is searching for his grandfather.
Part 1) What does he learn about his grandfather at the hotel?
Part 2) Why is Paul so desperate to find his grandfather?
Part 3) Why does Paul suddenly end his search? What does this say about Paul's character?
This section contains 1,583 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)