Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
Paul is searching for his grandfather.
Part 1) What does he learn about his grandfather at the hotel?
Part 2) Why is Paul so desperate to find his grandfather?
Part 3) Why does Paul suddenly end his search? What does this say about Paul's character?
There are comedic sections in this play.
Part 1) Describe two comedic events.
Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why?
Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)