Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
There is a confrontation between Mr. Katz and Jackie.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why might Jackie have done this?
Part 3) How does this change her character and relationship with the others, including her own brother?
There are comedic sections in this play.
Part 1) Describe two comedic events.
Part 2) Who is the most comedic character? Why?
Part 3) Compare and contrast the Act 1 with Act 2.
The play was written in 1973.
Part 1) When is this play supposed to take place? Does it seem like that, as you read it? Why or why not?
Part 2) Could this play take place at any time? Why or why not?
Part 3) What updates would you make to the play? Why?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)