|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the hotel lobby?
2. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
3. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
4. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
5. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 open?
2. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
3. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
4. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
6. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
7. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
8. What takes place at the beginning of Act 3 between April, Mr. Morse, the Girl, and Bill?
9. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
10. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suzy is the only character who has firm plans to leave the doomed hotel.
Part 1) What are her plans?
Part 2) What do the others think about her plan? Why do they feel this way?
Part 3) Do you agree with the other guests about Suzy's plans? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Paul is searching for his grandfather.
Part 1) What does he learn about his grandfather at the hotel?
Part 2) Why is Paul so desperate to find his grandfather?
Part 3) Why does Paul suddenly end his search? What does this say about Paul's character?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)