|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
2. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
3. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
4. Of what is Millie proud?
5. Why is this distracting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
2. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
3. About what does April complain?
4. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
6. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
7. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
8. What does Bill suggest the Girl do to help out? Why does she not do it?
9. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
10. What are Bill and the Girl doing as the play begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
Essay Topic 3
There is a confrontation between Mr. Katz and Jackie.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why might Jackie have done this?
Part 3) How does this change her character and relationship with the others, including her own brother?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)