|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
2. Why is this distracting?
3. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
4. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
5. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
2. What does April tell Jamie to reassure him?
3. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
4. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
5. How does Bill offer to help Mr. Morse?
6. How does Paul respond to this news? What does the Girl do to try to cheer him up?
7. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
8. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
9. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
10. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 2
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jackie has not returned after six hours.
Part 1) Why has she not returned?
Part 2) How does this affect her brother?
Part 3) Predict the outcome of this? Will she return? Why or why not? What will become of Jamie?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)