|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill begin to do?
2. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
3. Who is Girl?
4. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
5. What is Jackie's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
2. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
3. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
4. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz about the hotel management company?
5. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
6. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
7. What does April catch Bill doing?
8. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
9. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
10. How does Act 2 open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jackie and Jamie are siblings.
Part 1) How does Jackie feel about Jamie? Why?
Part 2) Give an example from the play showing how Jackie feels about Jamie.
Part 3) What does Jackie do to Jamie that is shocking? Why does she do this?
Essay Topic 2
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)