|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
2. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
3. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
4. What is Jackie's problem?
5. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 open?
2. How does Act 3 open?
3. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
4. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
5. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
6. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
7. How does the Girl try to engage Paul in a conversation?
8. Where do Millie and the Girl go?
9. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
10. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 2
Millie is originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Part 1) What stories does she have form growing up here?
Part 2) How do her memories affect the other characters? Why are they affected this way?
Part 3) Why is Millie an intriguing character to some of the others?
Essay Topic 3
The play ends without the audience knowing what will become of any of the characters.
Part 1) Describe the ending of the play.
Part 2) Predict what will happen in the future for these characters, based on what you know of them.
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for ending the play this way? What are your thoughts on this ending?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)