|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
3. Who is Girl?
4. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
5. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play end?
2. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
3. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
4. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
5. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
6. How does the Girl try to engage Paul in a conversation?
7. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
8. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
9. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
10. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Three of the characters are prostitutes.
Part 1) Describe these characters.
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright making them prostitutes?
Part 3) Do these prostitutes act how you would expect a prostitute to act? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Suzy is the only character who has firm plans to leave the doomed hotel.
Part 1) What are her plans?
Part 2) What do the others think about her plan? Why do they feel this way?
Part 3) Do you agree with the other guests about Suzy's plans? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)