|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the hotel seen?
2. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
3. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
4. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
5. Who enters the hotel lobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
2. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
3. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
4. How does Act 3 open?
5. What information does Paul share with the girl?
6. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
7. Why does Suzy return?
8. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
9. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
10. Why does Mrs. Bellotti enter the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 2
Bill suggests that the Girl distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
Part 1) What is in the mail for all the residents?
Part 2) What does this mail foreshadow?
Part 3) How is the mood of the play affected by this mail? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Bill seems interested in the Girl.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior towards her contradict his feelings for her?
Part 3) What might be the reason for his contradictory behavior? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,589 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)