|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
2. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
3. Of what is Millie proud?
4. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
5. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Girl try to help Paul?
2. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
3. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
4. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
5. What does the Girl suggest to Paul about his grandfather?
6. What are Bill and the Girl doing as the play begins?
7. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
8. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
9. What is going on on the other side of the room?
10. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Suzy returns to the lobby with two bottles of cold champagne?
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What does this say about her feelings towards her friends, her plans, and all of their futures?
Part 3) Will this champagne be their final party? Is this the high point in all of their lives? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Morse complains about the heat.
Part 1) About what else does Mr. Morse complain? Why?
Part 2) How do his complaints reflect his personality?
Part 3) How does his personality affect his relationship with the other guests? How might this further affect his mood?
Essay Topic 3
The play was written in 1973.
Part 1) When is this play supposed to take place? Does it seem like that, as you read it? Why or why not?
Part 2) Could this play take place at any time? Why or why not?
Part 3) What updates would you make to the play? Why?
This section contains 1,728 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)