|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
(a) She wants Jackie to know that buying the land was a mistake.
(b) She is angered by Jackie's attempt to steal from old Mr. Morse.
(c) She hopes Jackie and get out of purchasing the land.
(d) She wants to be helpful.
2. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
(a) There is a possibility that Millie knew his grandfather.
(b) There is a possibility that his grandfather stayed in the hotel.
(c) There is a possibility that Mr. Morse could be Paul's grandfather.
(d) There is a possibility that Mr. Katz is his grandfather.
3. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
(c) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
(d) She wipes off the mascara.
4. What did Jackie buy?
(a) A journal to write down all of her secrets.
(b) Two plane tickets to California.
(c) Twenty acres, sight unseen.
(d) A bottle of wine.
5. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) Mr. Morse's whining.
(b) The complaints from the many residents.
(c) Mr. Katz's questions.
(d) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul react to this news?
2. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
3. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
4. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
5. What will Paul not accept?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)