|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) Jamie is in his room.
(b) It is Memorial Day.
(c) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
(d) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
2. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He wants to read a book in private.
(c) To get away from the people in the lounge.
(d) To take a nap.
3. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She wipes off the mascara.
(c) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
(d) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
4. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(b) Apologize to everyone.
(c) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(d) Call the cops.
5. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(b) Complaining about her son's problems.
(c) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
(d) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
2. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
3. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
4. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
5. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)