|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
(a) Telling Mr. Morse that he is sorry.
(b) Ending the checkers game.
(c) Hurting Mr. Morse.
(d) Fighting again.
2. What does Jackie claim about her car?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It has been sideswiped.
(d) It has already broken down.
3. How does Millie know this to be true?
(a) Her psychic instincts validate that he is alive.
(b) She has lived in this hotel a very long time.
(c) Her things are all packed.
(d) Everyone is sick of everyone else.
4. With what is the Girl enraptured?
(a) The glimpse into Millie's past.
(b) The city of Baton Rouge.
(c) The way Millie tells her story.
(d) The mention of the kind men.
5. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie is sorry.
(b) Jamie misses you.
(c) Jamie has a black eye.
(d) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
2. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
3. What does Paul agree to do?
4. What does Millie remind Jackie?
5. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)