|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
(a) He wants her to try to fix Mr. Morse's window again.
(b) He snatches her purse.
(c) He asks her to leave.
(d) He asks her again to help Mr. Morse.
2. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) The complaints from the many residents.
(b) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
(c) Mr. Katz's questions.
(d) Mr. Morse's whining.
3. Why does Jamie retreat to another room?
(a) He does not want to play checkers anymore.
(b) To avoid any more confrontation.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is tired.
4. What occurs on the other side of the room?
(a) Jamie and Mr. Morse are playing checkers.
(b) Jamie and Mr. Morse begin to fight about their checkers game.
(c) Jamie and Mr. Morse complain about the hotel falling apart around them.
(d) Jamie and Mr. Morse get into a fight over the football game.
5. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) The whole incident had been a joke.
(b) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(c) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
(d) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie claim?
2. With what is the Girl enraptured?
3. What does the Girl tell Paul he should do if he really wants to know about his grandfather?
4. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
5. To what does Paul turn his focus?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)