|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(b) The commotion in the lobby.
(c) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(d) The football game on the television.
2. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
(a) They are bothering the other residents.
(b) Their checkers game is becoming too heated.
(c) The fight escalates into a fist fight.
(d) They are becoming too loud.
3. What does the Girl tell Paul he should do if he really wants to know about his grandfather?
(a) Call his parents.
(b) Hire a detective.
(c) Employ Millie's talents as a psychic.
4. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
(a) He misses playing checkers.
(b) His much needed break is over.
(c) He has apologized to Jamie.
(d) He is satisfied that he is the victor in the conflict.
5. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
(a) Hurting Mr. Morse.
(b) Telling Mr. Morse that he is sorry.
(c) Ending the checkers game.
(d) Fighting again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
2. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
3. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
4. Why does Jamie retreat to another room?
5. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)