|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did this come about?
(a) She had auditioned and hired an agent.
(b) Jackie and Jamie had been driving from Buffalo to Florida one day and heard an ad for the land.
(c) She needed to tell her secret after all these years.
(d) She had gone to the wine store the night before.
2. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
(b) She does not enjoy her job.
(c) She is tired of all the complaints.
(d) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
3. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
(b) He was always closest to his grandfather.
(c) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
(d) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
4. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) Mr. Katz's questions.
(b) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
(c) Mr. Morse's whining.
(d) The complaints from the many residents.
5. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(b) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(c) Apologize to everyone.
(d) Call the cops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
2. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
3. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
4. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
5. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)