|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) Jamie is in his room.
(c) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
(d) It is Memorial Day.
2. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
(a) She wants to interview him when Paul allows it.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She asks to meet him with Paul.
(d) She is ecstatic and demands the chance to talk to the old man, when he is found.
3. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
(a) She is good at solving problems.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is most likely willing to play Mr. Morse's game.
(d) She had been in Mr. Morse's room earlier.
4. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(b) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
(c) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
(d) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
5. How does Paul react to this news?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is crestfallen.
(d) He is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
2. For what does Millie apologize?
3. What did Jackie buy?
4. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
5. What document is available?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)