|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(b) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
2. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
(c) Jamie is in his room.
(d) It is Memorial Day.
3. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
(b) The complaints from the many residents.
(c) Mr. Morse's whining.
(d) Mr. Katz's questions.
4. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
(a) Telling Mr. Morse that he is sorry.
(b) Ending the checkers game.
(c) Fighting again.
(d) Hurting Mr. Morse.
5. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) To make sure she leaves.
(b) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(c) To help her move out.
(d) In an attempt to console her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
2. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
3. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
4. What does Jackie claim?
5. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)