|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(b) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
(c) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
(d) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
2. What does Jackie claim?
(a) She is only a nursing assistant.
(b) She does not want to help.
(c) She is not in the mood for games.
(d) She fixed Mr. Morse's window and does not know anything about any stolen goods.
3. What does Paul share with the Girl?
(a) He has been in a workhouse for the past two years for selling marijuana in college.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) He has been looking for his grandfather for five years.
(d) He is from a very wealthy, kind family.
4. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
(b) Paul's grandfather is alive.
(c) She is moving.
(d) She is tired of all of the guests.
5. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
(a) She wants to show Paul she is well-travelled.
(b) She persists in trying to identify Paul's hometown.
(c) She loves to brag about where she has been.
(d) She loves to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
2. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
3. What does Jackie claim about her car?
4. Why does Jamie retreat to another room?
5. What did Jackie buy?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)