|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie say to protect Jamie?
(a) He is shy.
(b) Her mother would not approve of this.
(c) He is not very smart.
(d) His health is not good.
2. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) The complaints from the many residents.
(b) Mr. Morse's whining.
(c) Mr. Katz's questions.
(d) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
3. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
(b) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
(c) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(d) Complaining about her son's problems.
4. How does Jackie respond?
(a) She defiantly defends the choices she has made for herself and Jamie.
(b) She says thank you.
(c) She is shocked that the Girl would know so much.
(d) She is saddened by the news.
5. What occurs on the other side of the room?
(a) Jamie and Mr. Morse begin to fight about their checkers game.
(b) Jamie and Mr. Morse complain about the hotel falling apart around them.
(c) Jamie and Mr. Morse are playing checkers.
(d) Jamie and Mr. Morse get into a fight over the football game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
2. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
3. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
4. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
5. Why is Jackie annoyed?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)