|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She wants to interview him when Paul allows it.
(c) She is ecstatic and demands the chance to talk to the old man, when he is found.
(d) She asks to meet him with Paul.
2. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Move her things to another table.
(c) Move out.
(d) Go to her room.
3. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
(a) He snatches her purse.
(b) He wants her to try to fix Mr. Morse's window again.
(c) He asks her again to help Mr. Morse.
(d) He asks her to leave.
4. How does Millie know this to be true?
(a) She has lived in this hotel a very long time.
(b) Her psychic instincts validate that he is alive.
(c) Everyone is sick of everyone else.
(d) Her things are all packed.
5. How does Jackie respond?
(a) She says thank you.
(b) She is saddened by the news.
(c) She defiantly defends the choices she has made for herself and Jamie.
(d) She is shocked that the Girl would know so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
2. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
3. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
4. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
5. How does Paul react to this news?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)