|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this play about?
(a) A group of school children.
(b) A train stop in Baltimore.
(c) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(d) A nursing home.
2. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) Will the shy woman come here.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(d) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
3. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) Her room has been broken into.
(b) She has lost her key.
(c) She cannot pay her rent.
(d) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
4. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
(a) To find a boyfriend.
(b) A fatherly figure.
(c) A money lender.
(d) To make a quick friend.
5. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Find a new residence.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(d) Go to her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
2. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
3. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
4. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
5. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
2. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
3. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
4. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
5. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
6. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
7. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
8. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
9. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
10. What information does Paul share with the girl?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)