|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(c) Will the shy woman come here.
(d) Will it be demolished.
2. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(b) She cannot afford the insurance.
(c) She needs help moving into her home.
(d) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
3. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) Her work as a waitress.
(c) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(d) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
4. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) A clean hotel.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) The switchboard activity.
(d) His composure.
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(c) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(d) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why is this distracting?
3. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
4. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
5. What is this play about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
2. What does the Girl suggest to Paul about his grandfather?
3. How does Mrs. Bellotti react when she cannot persuade Mr. Katz to let her son stay?
4. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
5. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
6. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
7. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
8. How does the play end?
9. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
10. What do Mr. Katz and Mrs. Oxenham say about Paul's grandfather?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)