|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its gleaming persona.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) Its distance from the train stop.
(d) The number of guests.
2. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(b) Where her son is.
(c) Why she cannot get a spare key.
(d) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
3. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She cannot afford the insurance.
(b) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(c) She needs help moving into her home.
(d) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
4. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
(b) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(c) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
(d) To stop complaining or leave.
5. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(b) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(c) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(d) She needs to move in within the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
2. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
3. How does the play open?
4. About what does April Green complain?
5. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does April complain?
2. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
3. Why does Mrs. Bellotti enter the scene?
4. How does the play open?
5. What is going on on the other side of the room?
6. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
7. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
8. What does Millie say about the Pioneer Hotel?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)