|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(b) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(c) Her work as a waitress.
(d) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
2. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) She had a bad dream.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) The sun is too bright.
3. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A woman Millie has worked with.
(d) The Girl's mother.
4. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
(a) Help her move.
(b) Co-sign on a loan from the bank.
(c) Build her a new closet.
(d) Give her money.
5. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Push him away.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Annoy him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
2. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
3. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
4. Why is this distracting?
5. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Paul share with the girl?
2. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
3. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
4. How does Paul respond to this news? What does the Girl do to try to cheer him up?
5. What are Bill and the Girl doing as the play begins?
6. How does Act 3 open?
7. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
8. How does the play open?
9. How does the Girl try to engage Paul in a conversation?
10. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)