|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the hotel seen?
(a) Better days.
(b) A growth in wealthy guests.
(c) Very few guests over the years.
(d) No celebrities.
2. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) Her fortune.
(b) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
(c) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(d) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
3. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
(a) Another hotel guest.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A male customer.
(d) A friend.
4. About what does April Green complain?
(a) Her difficult customers.
(b) The lack of hot water this morning.
(c) Her lack of sleep.
(d) The dingy hotel.
5. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
(a) The boy sleeping in the lobby.
(b) Mr. Morse's problems.
(c) Bill's work.
(d) The eviction notices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill do?
2. Why is the topic dropped?
3. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
4. What about the hotel has diminished?
5. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
2. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
3. How does the Girl get Mr. Morse to come out of the closet?
4. How does the Girl try to help Paul?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April tell Jamie to reassure him?
7. Where do Millie and the Girl go?
8. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
9. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
10. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)