|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
2. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(b) Bill, a desk clerk.
(c) April, a hotel guest.
(d) Her son, Horse.
3. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) After rising early for so many years.
(b) The sun is too bright.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) It is too hot in her room.
4. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She has lost her clock.
(b) She cannot afford one.
(c) She does not like them.
(d) She hates the sound of alarms.
5. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(c) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(d) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
2. What is this play about?
3. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
4. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
5. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Suzy leave?
2. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
3. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
4. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
5. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
6. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
7. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
8. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
9. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
10. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)