|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this play about?
(a) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(b) A train stop in Baltimore.
(c) A group of school children.
(d) A nursing home.
2. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) Her missing jewelry.
(b) Her inability to get into her room.
(c) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
(d) The job she has lost.
3. What does Bill do?
(a) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
(b) He is the hotel's manager.
(c) He is the architect.
(d) He is a hotel guest.
4. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She is ver y surprised.
(b) She faints.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She does not register any surprise.
5. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A male customer.
(d) Another hotel guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
2. What about the hotel has diminished?
3. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
4. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
5. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April tell Jamie to reassure him?
2. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
3. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
4. What does Jackie do for Mr. Morse?
5. What is going on on the other side of the room?
6. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
7. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
8. Why does Mrs. Bellotti enter the scene?
9. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel? What does Millie tell her?
10. Why is Mr. Morse outraged?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)