|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
(a) Mr. Morse's problems.
(b) The boy sleeping in the lobby.
(c) The eviction notices.
(d) Bill's work.
2. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
(a) Co-sign on a loan from the bank.
(b) Help her move.
(c) Build her a new closet.
(d) Give her money.
3. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(b) No, she cannot visit it.
(c) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) It will be demolished later in the week.
4. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) April, a hotel guest.
(b) Her son, Horse.
(c) Bill, a desk clerk.
(d) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
5. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Make fun of him.
(c) Push him away.
(d) Annoy him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
2. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
3. What about the hotel has diminished?
4. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
5. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
2. Why does Paul leave the hotel?
3. How does Mrs. Bellotti react when she cannot persuade Mr. Katz to let her son stay?
4. What does Millie say about the Pioneer Hotel?
5. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
6. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
7. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
8. How does Paul respond to this news? What does the Girl do to try to cheer him up?
9. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
10. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)