|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(b) He has been around several sick people.
(c) He has allergies.
(d) He visited a school earlier that week.
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(b) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
(c) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(d) The Victorian era in which it was built.
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(c) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(d) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
4. What is this play about?
(a) A train stop in Baltimore.
(b) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(c) A group of school children.
(d) A nursing home.
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) They are good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does April break into the conversation?
2. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
3. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
4. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
5. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie do as she enters the hotel lobby?
2. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
3. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
4. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
5. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
6. What does April catch Bill doing?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
9. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
10. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)