|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) Her fortune.
(c) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) If she has ever ridden on a train.
2. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Push him away.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Annoy him.
3. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) There is a customer at the desk.
(d) He must get back to work.
4. About what does April Green complain?
(a) Her lack of sleep.
(b) The lack of hot water this morning.
(c) Her difficult customers.
(d) The dingy hotel.
5. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) A restaurant nearby.
(b) The Hotel Baltimore.
(c) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
2. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
3. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
4. What does Jackie decide to do?
5. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
2. How does the play end?
3. Why does Suzy return?
4. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
5. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
6. How does Paul handle their reply about his grandfather?
7. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
8. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
9. How does the Girl try to help Paul?
10. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)