|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its distance from the train stop.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) The number of guests.
(d) Its gleaming persona.
2. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(b) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
(c) To stop complaining or leave.
(d) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
3. Why is this distracting?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) The mail was overflowing.
(c) The noise shook the building.
(d) She is curious who is at the door.
4. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) There is a customer at the desk.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
(d) He must get back to work.
5. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can this character not sleep in?
2. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
3. About what does April Green complain?
4. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
5. How does April break into the conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackie begin to annoy Mr. Katz?
2. About what does April complain?
3. Where do Millie and the Girl go?
4. What does Mrs. Bellotti say to Mr. Katz?
5. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
6. Why is Jackie glad Mr. Katz is there?
7. Why does Suzy return?
8. How does the play end?
9. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
10. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)