|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She looks for Jamie.
(c) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
(d) She goes to her room.
2. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(b) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(c) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(d) She needs to move in within the week.
3. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(b) Why she cannot get a spare key.
(c) Where her son is.
(d) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
4. What is this play about?
(a) A group of school children.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(d) A train stop in Baltimore.
5. What does Bill once more tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He will buy him some cold medication.
(b) He will give him a job.
(c) He will send someone upstairs to close the window.
(d) He will find him a new room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
3. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
4. Why can this character not sleep in?
5. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel? What does Millie tell her?
2. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz? What does she tell the others?
3. What information does Paul share with the girl?
4. What happens when Paul comes back to the hotel?
5. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
6. How does the play end?
7. Describe Suzy's entrance into the scene.
8. How does the Girl try to engage Paul in a conversation?
9. What does Paul inquire of Mrs. Oxenham?
10. How does the play open?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)