|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She needs to move in within the week.
(b) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(c) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(d) She must buy insurance on the phone.
2. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(b) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(c) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(d) Her work as a waitress.
3. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She does not like them.
(b) She hates the sound of alarms.
(c) She has lost her clock.
(d) She cannot afford one.
4. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A woman Millie has worked with.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
(d) The Girl's mother.
5. What has the hotel seen?
(a) Better days.
(b) Very few guests over the years.
(c) No celebrities.
(d) A growth in wealthy guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
2. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
3. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
4. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
5. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Girl ask Bill if he has heard? How does he respond?
2. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
3. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
4. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
5. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
6. What does Jackie ask about Jamie? Why does she ask this?
7. What exciting news does Mrs. Oxenham have?
8. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
9. Where does Mr. Morse retreat?
10. With whom does Suzy arrive? How does Mr. Katz feel about this guest?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)