|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The many hotel guests.
(b) The noise from the train.
(c) Waving to all the people.
(d) The gifts from the travellers.
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(b) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(c) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
(d) The Victorian era in which it was built.
3. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
(b) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(c) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(d) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
4. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(b) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(c) No, she cannot visit it.
(d) It will be demolished later in the week.
5. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
(a) He begins to whine.
(b) He goes back to his room.
(c) He gets grumpy.
(d) He threatens to hold the hotel responsible for his hospital bill should his health deteriorate any further.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
3. About what does April Green complain?
4. Why is this distracting?
5. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Suzy return? Why does she have these?
2. How does Mrs. Bellotti react when she cannot persuade Mr. Katz to let her son stay?
3. How do Millie and the Girl react to Jackie's story?
4. What has happened to Jamie? How do the others treat him?
5. How does Millie try to distract Paul?
6. How does Mr. Katz show that she is correct?
7. Why does Suzy go back to her room?
8. What happens when Mr. Katz arrives?
9. What are Bill and the Girl doing as the play begins?
10. What does Millie say about the Pioneer Hotel?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)