|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this play about?
(a) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A train stop in Baltimore.
(d) A group of school children.
2. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The police station.
(b) The coffee shop on the corner.
(c) Mr. Katz's home.
(d) A therapist.
3. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(b) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(c) The Victorian era in which it was built.
(d) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
4. What is Millie's reply?
(a) The ghosts will probably move along with the hotel guests with whom they have become attached.
(b) They could be very dangerous.
(c) There are many ghosts.
(d) The ghosts will stay on the grounds of the hotel.
5. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The gifts from the travellers.
(b) Waving to all the people.
(c) The noise from the train.
(d) The many hotel guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
2. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
3. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
4. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
5. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Bill and the Girl doing as the play begins?
2. Of what does Alice remind Suzy?
3. How does the Girl try to engage Paul in a conversation?
4. What is Mr. Morse's response when he comes out of the closet?
5. Why do the characters begin to discuss the Pioneer Hotel?
6. What takes place at the beginning of Act 3 between April, Mr. Morse, the Girl, and Bill?
7. Describe the Hotel Baltimore.
8. What happens when the Girl gets a phone call from her pimp?
9. What does the group discuss after Suzy has left?
10. How does the the Girl refocus the conversation after Suzy's second exit?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)