|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
(a) Find his grandfather.
(b) Call his grandfather.
(c) She will notify him if she finds any information about his grandfather.
(d) Notify his parents.
2. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She tries to talk him out of the closet.
(c) She taunts him.
(d) She follows him.
3. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
(a) Realizing that Jackie's plan is woefully ill-fated.
(b) They are tired of listening to Jackie.
(c) Realizing Jackie has told them too much about her life.
(d) They are jealous of Jackie.
4. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
(a) She is angered by Jackie's attempt to steal from old Mr. Morse.
(b) She wants Jackie to know that buying the land was a mistake.
(c) She wants to be helpful.
(d) She hopes Jackie and get out of purchasing the land.
5. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(a) His wife.
(b) A part of his window.
(d) A piece of the checkers game.
6. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
(a) Move out.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Go to her room.
(d) Move her things to another table.
7. Why is Jackie annoyed?
(a) All the pawn shops are closed today.
(b) She is getting no help from the other residents.
(c) Jamie is not in the lobby.
(d) She has not convinced Mr. Katz to help her.
8. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(b) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(c) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(d) To leave her alone.
9. What will Paul not accept?
(a) The lack of response.
(b) There are no rooms available.
(c) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
(d) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
10. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(b) Apologize to everyone.
(c) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(d) Call the cops.
11. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) To make sure she leaves.
(b) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(c) To help her move out.
(d) In an attempt to console her.
12. Why does Jamie retreat to another room?
(a) He does not want to play checkers anymore.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is tired.
(d) To avoid any more confrontation.
13. What did Jackie buy?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Two plane tickets to California.
(c) A journal to write down all of her secrets.
(d) Twenty acres, sight unseen.
14. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
(b) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(c) The whole incident had been a joke.
(d) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
15. How did this come about?
(a) She needed to tell her secret after all these years.
(b) She had auditioned and hired an agent.
(c) Jackie and Jamie had been driving from Buffalo to Florida one day and heard an ad for the land.
(d) She had gone to the wine store the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul share with the Girl?
2. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
3. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
4. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
5. What document is available?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)