|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
(a) He has been robbed.
(b) He hopes they had a good laugh.
(c) He can finally breathe.
(d) He wants the others to join him in his game.
2. What crazy tales does Millie tell?
(a) Hunting crocodiles and surviving hurricanes.
(b) Of servants and ghostly visitors.
(c) Of parties and gallant gentlemen.
(d) Her wild family and servants.
3. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) To help her move out.
(b) In an attempt to console her.
(c) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(d) To make sure she leaves.
4. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
(a) She tells Mr. Morse she has a gift for him.
(b) She applies mascara to her eyelashes.
(c) She puts the mascara on Jamie and dresses him like a woman.
(d) She proceeds to blacken the area around one of Jamie's eyes.
5. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(b) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
(c) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(d) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
6. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz?
(a) She keeps asking for him to be a co-signer for her.
(b) By spreading out paperwork that she is working on.
(c) By sitting too close to him.
(d) She is constantly talking to him.
7. Why is Jackie annoyed?
(a) She is getting no help from the other residents.
(b) She has not convinced Mr. Katz to help her.
(c) All the pawn shops are closed today.
(d) Jamie is not in the lobby.
8. What does Jackie say to protect Jamie?
(a) Her mother would not approve of this.
(b) He is not very smart.
(c) His health is not good.
(d) He is shy.
9. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
(b) Paul's grandfather is alive.
(c) She is tired of all of the guests.
(d) She is moving.
10. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
(a) To his room.
(b) To the broom closet.
(c) To Mr. Katz's office.
(d) To the bathroom.
11. What does Jackie claim?
(a) She fixed Mr. Morse's window and does not know anything about any stolen goods.
(b) She is only a nursing assistant.
(c) She does not want to help.
(d) She is not in the mood for games.
12. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She wipes off the mascara.
(b) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
13. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
(a) She is good at solving problems.
(b) She had been in Mr. Morse's room earlier.
(c) She is most likely willing to play Mr. Morse's game.
(d) She is a nurse.
14. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
(a) He asks her again to help Mr. Morse.
(b) He snatches her purse.
(c) He asks her to leave.
(d) He wants her to try to fix Mr. Morse's window again.
15. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(b) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
(c) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
(d) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the Girl enraptured?
2. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
3. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
4. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)