|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is choking.
(b) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(c) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(d) He is playing a game.
2. How does Millie know this to be true?
(a) Her psychic instincts validate that he is alive.
(b) Everyone is sick of everyone else.
(c) Her things are all packed.
(d) She has lived in this hotel a very long time.
3. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(d) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
4. What document is available?
(a) A telephone number.
(b) A rent receipt.
(c) A credit card number.
(d) A forwarding address.
5. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
(a) Realizing that Jackie's plan is woefully ill-fated.
(b) They are tired of listening to Jackie.
(c) Realizing Jackie has told them too much about her life.
(d) They are jealous of Jackie.
6. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) He wants to read a book in private.
(c) To get away from the people in the lounge.
(d) He is not feeling well.
7. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(b) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(c) The commotion in the lobby.
(d) The football game on the television.
8. Why is Jackie annoyed?
(a) Jamie is not in the lobby.
(b) She has not convinced Mr. Katz to help her.
(c) All the pawn shops are closed today.
(d) She is getting no help from the other residents.
9. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
(a) There is a possibility that Mr. Morse could be Paul's grandfather.
(b) There is a possibility that his grandfather stayed in the hotel.
(c) There is a possibility that Millie knew his grandfather.
(d) There is a possibility that Mr. Katz is his grandfather.
10. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
(a) He has apologized to Jamie.
(b) He is satisfied that he is the victor in the conflict.
(c) His much needed break is over.
(d) He misses playing checkers.
11. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
(a) A secret she has been keeping for ten years.
(b) Her intentions to move to California and become a movie star.
(c) Her intention to raise organic foods on a plot of land that she purchased in Utah.
(d) A bottle of wine.
12. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz?
(a) She keeps asking for him to be a co-signer for her.
(b) She is constantly talking to him.
(c) By sitting too close to him.
(d) By spreading out paperwork that she is working on.
13. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie is sorry.
(b) Jamie has a black eye.
(c) Jamie misses you.
(d) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
14. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
(b) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
(c) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(d) The whole incident had been a joke.
15. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not have the room.
(b) He is not mentally stable.
(c) They do not love him.
(d) He is too difficult to deal with.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the Girl enraptured?
2. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
3. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
4. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
5. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)