|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Millie know this to be true?
(a) Her psychic instincts validate that he is alive.
(b) She has lived in this hotel a very long time.
(c) Everyone is sick of everyone else.
(d) Her things are all packed.
2. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(b) He is playing a game.
(c) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(d) He is choking.
3. What does Jackie say to protect Jamie?
(a) Her mother would not approve of this.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is not very smart.
(d) His health is not good.
4. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not have the room.
(b) He is too difficult to deal with.
(c) He is not mentally stable.
(d) They do not love him.
5. How does Paul react to this news?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is crestfallen.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is nervous.
6. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
(a) She persists in trying to identify Paul's hometown.
(b) She wants to show Paul she is well-travelled.
(c) She loves to brag about where she has been.
(d) She loves to travel.
7. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She follows him.
(c) She taunts him.
(d) She tries to talk him out of the closet.
8. What does Paul share with the Girl?
(a) He has been in a workhouse for the past two years for selling marijuana in college.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) He has been looking for his grandfather for five years.
(d) He is from a very wealthy, kind family.
9. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some peace and quiet.
(b) Some privacy.
(c) A new room.
(d) A break from looking for his grandfather.
10. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(b) A piece of the checkers game.
(c) His wife.
(d) A part of his window.
11. What crazy tales does Millie tell?
(a) Her wild family and servants.
(b) Of parties and gallant gentlemen.
(c) Of servants and ghostly visitors.
(d) Hunting crocodiles and surviving hurricanes.
12. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
(a) The complaints from the many residents.
(b) Paul's request to determine whether or not his grandfather had stayed at the hotel a few years ago.
(c) Mr. Katz's questions.
(d) Mr. Morse's whining.
13. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
(a) Their checkers game is becoming too heated.
(b) They are bothering the other residents.
(c) They are becoming too loud.
(d) The fight escalates into a fist fight.
14. What did Jackie buy?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A journal to write down all of her secrets.
(c) Two plane tickets to California.
(d) Twenty acres, sight unseen.
15. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) To get away from the people in the lounge.
(d) He wants to read a book in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document is available?
2. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
3. What occurs on the other side of the room?
4. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
5. What does Jackie claim about her car?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)