|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs on the other side of the room?
(a) Jamie and Mr. Morse get into a fight over the football game.
(b) Jamie and Mr. Morse begin to fight about their checkers game.
(c) Jamie and Mr. Morse complain about the hotel falling apart around them.
(d) Jamie and Mr. Morse are playing checkers.
2. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(c) Apologize to everyone.
(d) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
3. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
(b) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(c) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(d) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
4. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
(a) A conversation about his job.
(b) A conversation about his grandfather and his hometown.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A movie.
5. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) Jamie is in his room.
(b) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(c) It is Memorial Day.
(d) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
6. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
(a) To get away from the people in the lounge.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) He wants to read a book in private.
7. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(b) He is playing a game.
(c) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(d) He is choking.
8. How does Jackie respond?
(a) She is saddened by the news.
(b) She is shocked that the Girl would know so much.
(c) She defiantly defends the choices she has made for herself and Jamie.
(d) She says thank you.
9. What does the Girl tell Paul he should do if he really wants to know about his grandfather?
(a) Call his parents.
(b) Employ Millie's talents as a psychic.
(c) Hire a detective.
10. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
(a) She puts the mascara on Jamie and dresses him like a woman.
(b) She applies mascara to her eyelashes.
(c) She tells Mr. Morse she has a gift for him.
(d) She proceeds to blacken the area around one of Jamie's eyes.
11. What does Paul agree to do?
(a) Have the Girl give him her address.
(b) Introduce the Girl to him.
(c) Let the Girl call his grandfather.
(d) Bring his grandfather to the Girl.
12. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
(a) She wants to interview him when Paul allows it.
(b) She is ecstatic and demands the chance to talk to the old man, when he is found.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She asks to meet him with Paul.
13. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
(a) They are becoming too loud.
(b) They are bothering the other residents.
(c) Their checkers game is becoming too heated.
(d) The fight escalates into a fist fight.
14. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
(b) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
(c) She does not enjoy her job.
(d) She is tired of all the complaints.
15. How did this come about?
(a) Jackie and Jamie had been driving from Buffalo to Florida one day and heard an ad for the land.
(b) She had auditioned and hired an agent.
(c) She had gone to the wine store the night before.
(d) She needed to tell her secret after all these years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
2. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
3. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
4. What did Jackie buy?
5. What does Paul share with the Girl?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)