|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie say to protect Jamie?
(a) He is shy.
(b) His health is not good.
(c) Her mother would not approve of this.
(d) He is not very smart.
2. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(b) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(c) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(d) To leave her alone.
3. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(b) He is choking.
(c) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(d) He is playing a game.
4. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
(b) He was always closest to his grandfather.
(c) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
(d) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
5. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(a) His wife.
(b) A piece of the checkers game.
(d) A part of his window.
6. What will Paul not accept?
(a) The lack of response.
(b) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
(c) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
(d) There are no rooms available.
7. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) A new room.
(b) A break from looking for his grandfather.
(c) Some peace and quiet.
(d) Some privacy.
8. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie has a black eye.
(b) Jamie is sorry.
(c) Jamie misses you.
(d) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
9. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
(b) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(c) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(d) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
10. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) The whole incident had been a joke.
(b) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
(c) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(d) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
11. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
(a) She has a horrible job and should find a more respectable one.
(b) Mr. Katz is trying to steal money from all of them.
(c) The hotel management is lazy and does not care about its residents.
(d) The hotel management company has no intentions of fixing the hot water problems or the broken elevator in the hopes that the residents will vacate early.
12. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
(b) She is tired of all of the guests.
(c) Paul's grandfather is alive.
(d) She is moving.
13. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
(a) A movie.
(b) A conversation about his job.
(c) A conversation about his grandfather and his hometown.
(d) A game of checkers.
14. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
(a) Call his grandfather.
(b) Find his grandfather.
(c) Notify his parents.
(d) She will notify him if she finds any information about his grandfather.
15. What occurs on the other side of the room?
(a) Jamie and Mr. Morse begin to fight about their checkers game.
(b) Jamie and Mr. Morse get into a fight over the football game.
(c) Jamie and Mr. Morse are playing checkers.
(d) Jamie and Mr. Morse complain about the hotel falling apart around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jackie respond?
2. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
3. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
4. How has the management company fulfilled its duty?
5. What does Paul share with the Girl?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)