|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
(a) She is good at solving problems.
(b) She is most likely willing to play Mr. Morse's game.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She had been in Mr. Morse's room earlier.
2. What does the Girl tell Paul he should do if he really wants to know about his grandfather?
(a) Hire a detective.
(b) Call his parents.
(d) Employ Millie's talents as a psychic.
3. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(b) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(c) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(d) To leave her alone.
4. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie has a black eye.
(b) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
(c) Jamie misses you.
(d) Jamie is sorry.
5. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not love him.
(b) He is not mentally stable.
(c) They do not have the room.
(d) He is too difficult to deal with.
6. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(b) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
(c) Complaining about her son's problems.
(d) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
7. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Go to her room.
(c) Move out.
(d) Move her things to another table.
8. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some privacy.
(b) Some peace and quiet.
(c) A break from looking for his grandfather.
(d) A new room.
9. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) It is Memorial Day.
(c) Jamie is in his room.
(d) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
10. What does Paul share with the Girl?
(a) He has been looking for his grandfather for five years.
(b) He has been in a workhouse for the past two years for selling marijuana in college.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) He is from a very wealthy, kind family.
11. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
(a) Call his grandfather.
(b) Find his grandfather.
(c) She will notify him if she finds any information about his grandfather.
(d) Notify his parents.
12. What occurs on the other side of the room?
(a) Jamie and Mr. Morse are playing checkers.
(b) Jamie and Mr. Morse begin to fight about their checkers game.
(c) Jamie and Mr. Morse get into a fight over the football game.
(d) Jamie and Mr. Morse complain about the hotel falling apart around them.
13. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) To help her move out.
(b) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(c) In an attempt to console her.
(d) To make sure she leaves.
14. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
(a) He misses playing checkers.
(b) He is satisfied that he is the victor in the conflict.
(c) He has apologized to Jamie.
(d) His much needed break is over.
15. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) The football game on the television.
(b) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(c) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(d) The commotion in the lobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
2. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
3. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
4. What does Paul agree to do?
5. What crazy tales does Millie tell?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)