|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Girl rattle off an extensive list of all the cities that she has visited in the United States?
(a) She wants to show Paul she is well-travelled.
(b) She persists in trying to identify Paul's hometown.
(c) She loves to brag about where she has been.
(d) She loves to travel.
2. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
(b) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
(c) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(d) Complaining about her son's problems.
3. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
(a) Ending the checkers game.
(b) Fighting again.
(c) Hurting Mr. Morse.
(d) Telling Mr. Morse that he is sorry.
4. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
(a) A secret she has been keeping for ten years.
(b) Her intentions to move to California and become a movie star.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) Her intention to raise organic foods on a plot of land that she purchased in Utah.
5. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) Paul's grandfather is alive.
(b) She is moving.
(c) She is tired of all of the guests.
(d) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
6. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
(a) To the broom closet.
(b) To his room.
(c) To Mr. Katz's office.
(d) To the bathroom.
7. For what does Millie apologize?
(a) Not remembering Paul's grandfather herself.
(b) Not having lived at the Hotel at the time Paul's grandfather had stayed there.
(c) Not being more helpful.
(d) Being rude.
8. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(b) Call the cops.
(c) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(d) Apologize to everyone.
9. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(b) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(c) The commotion in the lobby.
(d) The football game on the television.
10. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
(c) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(d) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
11. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some peace and quiet.
(b) A new room.
(c) Some privacy.
(d) A break from looking for his grandfather.
12. Why must Jamie and Mr. Morse be separated?
(a) They are becoming too loud.
(b) The fight escalates into a fist fight.
(c) They are bothering the other residents.
(d) Their checkers game is becoming too heated.
13. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
(b) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(c) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
(d) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
14. What does the Girl tell Paul he should do if he really wants to know about his grandfather?
(a) Call his parents.
(b) Hire a detective.
(d) Employ Millie's talents as a psychic.
15. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) It is Memorial Day.
(c) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
(d) Jamie is in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
2. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
3. What crazy tales does Millie tell?
4. How does Paul react to this news?
5. What does Jackie claim?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)