|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
(b) She wipes off the mascara.
(c) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
(d) She begins to laugh.
2. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(b) He is playing a game.
(c) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(d) He is choking.
3. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
(a) He wants her to try to fix Mr. Morse's window again.
(b) He asks her again to help Mr. Morse.
(c) He asks her to leave.
(d) He snatches her purse.
4. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(b) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
(c) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
(d) The whole incident had been a joke.
5. How does Millie know this to be true?
(a) Everyone is sick of everyone else.
(b) Her things are all packed.
(c) She has lived in this hotel a very long time.
(d) Her psychic instincts validate that he is alive.
6. What does Jamie have no intentions of doing?
(a) Hurting Mr. Morse.
(b) Ending the checkers game.
(c) Fighting again.
(d) Telling Mr. Morse that he is sorry.
7. How has the management company fulfilled its duty?
(a) By providing a roof over their heads.
(b) By having the residents sign a waiver stating they will make their own repairs.
(c) By lessening the cost of rent.
(d) By providing one-month eviction notices to the residents.
8. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
(b) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
(c) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(d) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
9. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
(a) She taunts him.
(b) She follows him.
(c) She tries to talk him out of the closet.
(d) She yells at him.
10. What does Jackie say to protect Jamie?
(a) He is not very smart.
(b) He is shy.
(c) His health is not good.
(d) Her mother would not approve of this.
11. Why does Jamie retreat to another room?
(a) He is tired.
(b) To avoid any more confrontation.
(c) He does not want to play checkers anymore.
(d) He is not feeling well.
12. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(c) Apologize to everyone.
(d) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
13. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
(a) They are jealous of Jackie.
(b) They are tired of listening to Jackie.
(c) Realizing Jackie has told them too much about her life.
(d) Realizing that Jackie's plan is woefully ill-fated.
14. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(b) A piece of the checkers game.
(c) A part of his window.
(d) His wife.
15. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
(b) She does not enjoy her job.
(c) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
(d) She is tired of all the complaints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jackie buy?
2. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
3. Why is Jackie annoyed?
4. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
5. What document is available?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)