|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(b) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
(c) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(d) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
2. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(b) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(c) The football game on the television.
(d) The commotion in the lobby.
3. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
(a) A conversation about his job.
(b) A conversation about his grandfather and his hometown.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A movie.
4. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some peace and quiet.
(b) Some privacy.
(c) A new room.
(d) A break from looking for his grandfather.
5. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She is tired of all the complaints.
(b) She does not enjoy her job.
(c) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
(d) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
6. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
(a) Realizing that Jackie's plan is woefully ill-fated.
(b) They are jealous of Jackie.
(c) Realizing Jackie has told them too much about her life.
(d) They are tired of listening to Jackie.
7. What document is available?
(a) A forwarding address.
(b) A telephone number.
(c) A rent receipt.
(d) A credit card number.
8. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
(a) She puts the mascara on Jamie and dresses him like a woman.
(b) She proceeds to blacken the area around one of Jamie's eyes.
(c) She applies mascara to her eyelashes.
(d) She tells Mr. Morse she has a gift for him.
9. How does Paul react to this news?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is crestfallen.
(d) He is nervous.
10. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not have the room.
(b) They do not love him.
(c) He is not mentally stable.
(d) He is too difficult to deal with.
11. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(d) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
12. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) She is tired of all of the guests.
(b) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
(c) She is moving.
(d) Paul's grandfather is alive.
13. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
(a) She will notify him if she finds any information about his grandfather.
(b) Find his grandfather.
(c) Notify his parents.
(d) Call his grandfather.
14. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
(a) His much needed break is over.
(b) He is satisfied that he is the victor in the conflict.
(c) He misses playing checkers.
(d) He has apologized to Jamie.
15. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
(b) He was always closest to his grandfather.
(c) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
(d) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
2. How has the management company fulfilled its duty?
3. Why is Jackie annoyed?
4. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
5. What did Jackie buy?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)