|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
(a) There is a possibility that Millie knew his grandfather.
(b) There is a possibility that Mr. Morse could be Paul's grandfather.
(c) There is a possibility that Mr. Katz is his grandfather.
(d) There is a possibility that his grandfather stayed in the hotel.
2. Why is Jackie annoyed?
(a) Jamie is not in the lobby.
(b) She has not convinced Mr. Katz to help her.
(c) All the pawn shops are closed today.
(d) She is getting no help from the other residents.
3. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
(b) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
(c) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
(d) He was always closest to his grandfather.
4. What does Mr. Katz do to Jackie?
(a) He snatches her purse.
(b) He asks her to leave.
(c) He asks her again to help Mr. Morse.
(d) He wants her to try to fix Mr. Morse's window again.
5. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
(b) She is tired of all the complaints.
(c) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
(d) She does not enjoy her job.
6. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) The football game on the television.
(b) The commotion in the lobby.
(c) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
(d) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
7. What does Jackie claim about her car?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It has been stolen.
(c) It has been sideswiped.
(d) It has already broken down.
8. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(c) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(d) Apologize to everyone.
9. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
(a) She asks to meet him with Paul.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She is ecstatic and demands the chance to talk to the old man, when he is found.
(d) She wants to interview him when Paul allows it.
10. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
(a) She hopes Jackie and get out of purchasing the land.
(b) She wants to be helpful.
(c) She wants Jackie to know that buying the land was a mistake.
(d) She is angered by Jackie's attempt to steal from old Mr. Morse.
11. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
(a) To the broom closet.
(b) To Mr. Katz's office.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To his room.
12. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
(b) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
(c) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(d) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
13. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
(a) To get away from the people in the lounge.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He wants to read a book in private.
14. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
(b) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(c) The whole incident had been a joke.
(d) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
15. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) Jamie is in his room.
(c) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
(d) It is Memorial Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document is available?
2. What is Mr. Morse finally able to say?
3. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
4. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
5. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)