|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Paul not accept?
(a) There are no rooms available.
(b) The lack of response.
(c) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
(d) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
2. What does Millie suddenly stand and declare?
(a) The hotel is her home, and she does not want to be evicted.
(b) Paul's grandfather is alive.
(c) She is tired of all of the guests.
(d) She is moving.
3. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(a) A part of his window.
(b) A piece of the checkers game.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Jackie claim about her car?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It has been stolen.
(c) It has been sideswiped.
(d) It has already broken down.
5. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
(b) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
(c) He was always closest to his grandfather.
(d) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
6. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) The whole incident had been a joke.
(b) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
(c) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(d) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
7. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not love him.
(b) They do not have the room.
(c) He is not mentally stable.
(d) He is too difficult to deal with.
8. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(b) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
(c) Call the cops.
(d) Apologize to everyone.
9. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
(a) Move her things to another table.
(b) Go to her room.
(c) Move out.
(d) Leave him alone.
10. What does Mrs. Oxenham admit?
(a) She is tired of all the complaints.
(b) She wishes Mr. Morse would move out.
(c) She does not enjoy her job.
(d) She cannot possibly remember everyone who has been at the hotel.
11. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To Mr. Katz's office.
(c) To his room.
(d) To the broom closet.
12. What document is available?
(a) A rent receipt.
(b) A credit card number.
(c) A forwarding address.
(d) A telephone number.
13. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
(a) There is a possibility that Mr. Morse could be Paul's grandfather.
(b) There is a possibility that Mr. Katz is his grandfather.
(c) There is a possibility that his grandfather stayed in the hotel.
(d) There is a possibility that Millie knew his grandfather.
14. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
(b) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(c) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
(d) Calls Paul's grandfather.
15. How does Jackie respond?
(a) She defiantly defends the choices she has made for herself and Jamie.
(b) She says thank you.
(c) She is saddened by the news.
(d) She is shocked that the Girl would know so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crazy tales does Millie tell?
2. What does Millie remind Jackie?
3. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
4. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
5. What does Jackie share with the others in the room?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)