|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document is available?
(a) A telephone number.
(b) A rent receipt.
(c) A credit card number.
(d) A forwarding address.
2. What does Mr. Katz reluctantly do?
(a) Pulls out the record books to begin a search for evidence that the elderly Mr. Granger had stayed at the hotel.
(b) Gives Paul a refund for his previous stay.
(c) Calls Paul's grandfather.
(d) Finds a room for Paul to stay in.
3. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie is sorry.
(b) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
(c) Jamie has a black eye.
(d) Jamie misses you.
4. How has the management company fulfilled its duty?
(a) By providing a roof over their heads.
(b) By having the residents sign a waiver stating they will make their own repairs.
(c) By providing one-month eviction notices to the residents.
(d) By lessening the cost of rent.
5. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
(c) She wipes off the mascara.
(d) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
6. Why can Mrs. Oxenham be of no further help to Paul?
(a) His grandfather deserves his privacy.
(b) She does not feel comfortable contacting his grandfather.
(c) She still has not found anything about his grandfather.
(d) They never accept forwarding addresses from their residents.
7. What does Millie remind Jackie?
(a) The other residents will pitch in to help her.
(b) It is Memorial Day.
(c) Jamie is in his room.
(d) Mr. Katz may still help her, if she can avoid annoying him.
8. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) In an attempt to console her.
(b) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(c) To help her move out.
(d) To make sure she leaves.
9. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(b) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
10. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
(a) His much needed break is over.
(b) He misses playing checkers.
(c) He is satisfied that he is the victor in the conflict.
(d) He has apologized to Jamie.
11. What does Jackie claim about her car?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It has already broken down.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It has been sideswiped.
12. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some privacy.
(b) A break from looking for his grandfather.
(c) Some peace and quiet.
(d) A new room.
13. What does Paul share with the Girl?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) He has been in a workhouse for the past two years for selling marijuana in college.
(c) He is from a very wealthy, kind family.
(d) He has been looking for his grandfather for five years.
14. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) They do not have the room.
(b) He is not mentally stable.
(c) They do not love him.
(d) He is too difficult to deal with.
15. Why is Paul determined to find his grandfather?
(a) He wants to bring his grandfather back to live with him and his parents.
(b) He wants to find a good nursing home for his grandfather.
(c) He wants to take care of the elderly gentleman himself, now that he is out of confinement.
(d) He was always closest to his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Paul not accept?
2. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
3. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
4. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
5. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)