|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jackie continue to annoy Mr. Katz?
(a) By sitting too close to him.
(b) She is constantly talking to him.
(c) By spreading out paperwork that she is working on.
(d) She keeps asking for him to be a co-signer for her.
2. What does Jackie claim?
(a) She is not in the mood for games.
(b) She does not want to help.
(c) She is only a nursing assistant.
(d) She fixed Mr. Morse's window and does not know anything about any stolen goods.
3. What does Mr. Katz order Jackie and Jamie to do?
(a) Vacate the hotel by this evening.
(b) Apologize to everyone.
(c) Call the cops.
(d) Pay Mr. Morse what is owed to him.
4. To what does Paul turn his focus?
(a) The commotion in the lobby.
(b) The football game on the television.
(c) The game of checkers being played by Mr. Morse and Jamie.
(d) A beautiful girl sitting in the lobby.
5. What does the Girl come back into the lobby and tell Mr. Katz that she finally realizes?
(a) Mr. Katz is trying to steal money from all of them.
(b) She has a horrible job and should find a more respectable one.
(c) The hotel management is lazy and does not care about its residents.
(d) The hotel management company has no intentions of fixing the hot water problems or the broken elevator in the hopes that the residents will vacate early.
6. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
(a) There is a possibility that his grandfather stayed in the hotel.
(b) There is a possibility that Mr. Morse could be Paul's grandfather.
(c) There is a possibility that Mr. Katz is his grandfather.
(d) There is a possibility that Millie knew his grandfather.
7. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To the broom closet.
(c) To his room.
(d) To Mr. Katz's office.
8. What will Paul not accept?
(a) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
(b) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
(c) The lack of response.
(d) There are no rooms available.
9. What does the Girl do with a tube of mascara from her purse?
(a) She proceeds to blacken the area around one of Jamie's eyes.
(b) She tells Mr. Morse she has a gift for him.
(c) She applies mascara to her eyelashes.
(d) She puts the mascara on Jamie and dresses him like a woman.
10. What does Mr. Katz finally order Jackie to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Move her things to another table.
(c) Move out.
(d) Go to her room.
11. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(c) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(d) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
12. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
(b) Complaining about her son's problems.
(c) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(d) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
13. For what does Millie try to intercede on Paul's behalf?
(a) Some peace and quiet.
(b) A break from looking for his grandfather.
(c) Some privacy.
(d) A new room.
14. What does Paul share with the Girl?
(a) He has been looking for his grandfather for five years.
(b) He has been in a workhouse for the past two years for selling marijuana in college.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) He is from a very wealthy, kind family.
15. With what is the Girl enraptured?
(a) The glimpse into Millie's past.
(b) The mention of the kind men.
(c) The city of Baton Rouge.
(d) The way Millie tells her story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
2. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
3. Why does Mr. Morse head back upstairs to his room?
4. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
5. What does the Girl do when she learns that the old man had been a train engineer?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)