|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl do to Mr. Morse?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She taunts him.
(c) She tries to talk him out of the closet.
(d) She follows him.
2. Why does the Girl follow Jackie?
(a) To help her move out.
(b) To keep her from stealing anything else.
(c) In an attempt to console her.
(d) To make sure she leaves.
3. How does Jackie respond?
(a) She says thank you.
(b) She defiantly defends the choices she has made for herself and Jamie.
(c) She is shocked that the Girl would know so much.
(d) She is saddened by the news.
4. What does Jackie do when she finally sees Jamie's blackened eye?
(a) She demands to know the circumstances of the injury.
(b) She yells at him for acting so childishly.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She wipes off the mascara.
5. What will Paul not accept?
(a) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
(b) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
(c) The lack of response.
(d) There are no rooms available.
6. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
(a) He is too difficult to deal with.
(b) They do not have the room.
(c) They do not love him.
(d) He is not mentally stable.
7. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
(a) She has found his grandfather's name in her records.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) She has still found nothing about his grandfather.
(d) She knows where Paul's grandfather is.
8. How did this come about?
(a) She had gone to the wine store the night before.
(b) Jackie and Jamie had been driving from Buffalo to Florida one day and heard an ad for the land.
(c) She needed to tell her secret after all these years.
(d) She had auditioned and hired an agent.
9. What does Mr. Morse tell Mr. Katz he is missing?
(a) His wife.
(c) A part of his window.
(d) A piece of the checkers game.
10. With what is the Girl enraptured?
(a) The city of Baton Rouge.
(b) The mention of the kind men.
(c) The glimpse into Millie's past.
(d) The way Millie tells her story.
11. How does Paul react to this news?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is crestfallen.
(d) He is nervous.
12. Why does Mr. Katz confront Jackie?
(a) She had been in Mr. Morse's room earlier.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is good at solving problems.
(d) She is most likely willing to play Mr. Morse's game.
13. How does the Girl respond to Jackie's question?
(a) Jamie asked to have the mascara put on him.
(b) The whole incident had been a joke.
(c) Jackie should not laugh at her brother.
(d) Jamie was hit by Mr. Morse.
14. What is Mrs. Bellotti doing?
(a) Begging Mr. Katz to give Horse one more chance.
(b) Complaining about her son's problems.
(c) Carrying one more box from Horse's room.
(d) Calling Horse to come help move out his things.
15. Why is Mr. Morse moving silently down the stairs, waving his arms?
(a) He is trying desperately to say something, which will not come out.
(b) He is trying to entertain the other guests.
(c) He is playing a game.
(d) He is choking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Oxenham tell Paul she will do for him?
2. What did Jackie buy?
3. Why is Mr. Morse ready for another game of checkers?
4. What does Jackie claim about her car?
5. What does the Girl suggest to Paul?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)