|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(b) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(c) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(d) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
2. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
(a) Build her a new closet.
(b) Co-sign on a loan from the bank.
(c) Help her move.
(d) Give her money.
3. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
(b) Go back to her room.
(c) Get a better job.
(d) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
4. What has the hotel seen?
(a) A growth in wealthy guests.
(b) Better days.
(c) No celebrities.
(d) Very few guests over the years.
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) She wants to ask a favor.
(c) He is her father.
(d) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
6. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She cannot afford one.
(b) She hates the sound of alarms.
(c) She has lost her clock.
(d) She does not like them.
7. Why is this distracting?
(a) She is curious who is at the door.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) The mail was overflowing.
(d) The noise shook the building.
8. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Victorian era in which it was built.
(b) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(c) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(d) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
9. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He has allergies.
(b) He has been around several sick people.
(c) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(d) He visited a school earlier that week.
10. Who is Girl?
(a) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
(b) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(c) An actress.
(d) Bill's daughter.
11. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(b) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(c) Her fortune.
(d) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
12. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
(a) Suzy's obnoxious sister.
(b) Suzy bringing friends back to the hotel.
(c) Suzy entertaining customers in her room.
(d) The friendship between Suzy and the hotel guest.
13. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its gleaming persona.
(b) Its distance from the train stop.
(c) The number of guests.
(d) Its cleanliness.
14. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) She had a bad dream.
15. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go to her room.
(d) Find a new residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
2. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
3. What is Jackie's problem?
4. How does April break into the conversation?
5. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)