|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(a) The Girl.
(c) Mr. Morse.
2. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(b) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(c) Flirt with the Girl.
(d) Pack up to go home.
3. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) The mail in her mailbox.
(d) The doorbell.
4. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) There is a customer at the desk.
(d) He must get back to work.
5. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
(a) To send someone to his room to close the window.
(b) A new room.
(c) Cold medication.
(d) A job at the desk.
6. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) Mr. Katz's home.
(b) A therapist.
(c) The coffee shop on the corner.
(d) The police station.
7. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(b) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(c) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(d) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
8. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) The Hotel Baltimore.
(b) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(c) The train station.
(d) A restaurant nearby.
9. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
(a) Mr. Morse.
(b) Mr. Katz.
10. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its distance from the train stop.
(b) The number of guests.
(c) Its cleanliness.
(d) Its gleaming persona.
11. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) It is too hot in her room.
12. What does Bill do?
(a) He is a hotel guest.
(b) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
(c) He is the hotel's manager.
(d) He is the architect.
13. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
(a) A friend.
(b) Another hotel guest.
(c) A male customer.
(d) Her sister.
14. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) The job she has lost.
(b) Her missing jewelry.
(c) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
(d) Her inability to get into her room.
15. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She is ver y surprised.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She faints.
(d) She does not register any surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
2. Who is Girl?
3. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
4. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
5. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)