|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(b) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
(c) Why she cannot get a spare key.
(d) Where her son is.
2. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) Her inability to get into her room.
(b) Her missing jewelry.
(c) The job she has lost.
(d) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
3. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Go back to her room.
(b) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
(c) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(d) Get a better job.
4. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She goes to her room.
(b) She looks for Jamie.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
5. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) If there are any.
(b) Whose ghosts are they.
(c) What will become of them.
(d) Will they hurt her.
6. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He has allergies.
(b) He has been around several sick people.
(c) He visited a school earlier that week.
(d) The window in his room will not close all the way.
7. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
(a) Suzy bringing friends back to the hotel.
(b) Suzy entertaining customers in her room.
(c) The friendship between Suzy and the hotel guest.
(d) Suzy's obnoxious sister.
8. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
(a) Take over his job.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Warm up to him.
9. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is ver y surprised.
(d) She does not register any surprise.
10. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) They are good friends.
11. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(b) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(c) No, she cannot visit it.
(d) It will be demolished later in the week.
12. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
(a) A movie.
(b) A trivia game.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) An argument.
13. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Push him away.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Annoy him.
14. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(b) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
(c) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(d) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
15. What does Bill do?
(a) He is a hotel guest.
(b) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
(c) He is the hotel's manager.
(d) He is the architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
2. What has the hotel seen?
3. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
4. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
5. Who is Girl?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)