|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(c) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(d) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
2. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) Her missing jewelry.
(b) Her inability to get into her room.
(c) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
(d) The job she has lost.
3. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) Her fortune.
(c) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(d) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
4. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
(a) To send someone to his room to close the window.
(b) Cold medication.
(c) A job at the desk.
(d) A new room.
5. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The coffee shop on the corner.
(b) A therapist.
(c) Mr. Katz's home.
(d) The police station.
6. Why is this distracting?
(a) She is curious who is at the door.
(b) The mail was overflowing.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) The noise shook the building.
7. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
(a) Help her move.
(b) Co-sign on a loan from the bank.
(c) Build her a new closet.
(d) Give her money.
8. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) For about an hour.
(b) Since last night.
(c) Since three o'clock.
(d) Since four o'clock this morning.
9. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) April, a hotel guest.
(b) Bill, a desk clerk.
(c) Her son, Horse.
(d) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
10. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
(a) A new home.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A new car and needs new license plates.
(d) A new cell phone.
11. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(b) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(c) She needs to move in within the week.
(d) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
12. How does April break into the conversation?
(a) With her complaint about the lack of hot water.
(b) With a flirty comment for both men.
(c) With a complaint about the bright sunlight.
(d) With a need for a clock.
13. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
(a) Suzy entertaining customers in her room.
(b) The friendship between Suzy and the hotel guest.
(c) Suzy bringing friends back to the hotel.
(d) Suzy's obnoxious sister.
14. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Find a new residence.
(b) Go to her room.
(c) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(d) Go for a walk.
15. About what does April Green complain?
(a) Her difficult customers.
(b) Her lack of sleep.
(c) The dingy hotel.
(d) The lack of hot water this morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
2. What about the hotel has diminished?
3. What does Bill begin to do?
4. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
5. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)