|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(c) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(d) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
2. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(b) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(c) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(d) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
3. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The coffee shop on the corner.
(b) The police station.
(c) A therapist.
(d) Mr. Katz's home.
4. Why is this distracting?
(a) She is curious who is at the door.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) The mail was overflowing.
(d) The noise shook the building.
5. About what does April Green complain?
(a) The dingy hotel.
(b) Her difficult customers.
(c) Her lack of sleep.
(d) The lack of hot water this morning.
6. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
(a) Mr. Morse's problems.
(b) The eviction notices.
(c) The boy sleeping in the lobby.
(d) Bill's work.
7. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
8. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) The mail in her mailbox.
(d) The doorbell.
9. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(b) Mr. Morse.
(c) The Girl.
10. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) Her fortune.
(c) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) If she has ever ridden on a train.
11. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
(a) Mr. Morse.
(b) Mr. Katz.
12. What has the hotel seen?
(a) A growth in wealthy guests.
(b) No celebrities.
(c) Better days.
(d) Very few guests over the years.
13. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
(b) He must get back to work.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) There is a customer at the desk.
14. What is Millie's reply?
(a) The ghosts will probably move along with the hotel guests with whom they have become attached.
(b) They could be very dangerous.
(c) There are many ghosts.
(d) The ghosts will stay on the grounds of the hotel.
15. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) Her inability to get into her room.
(b) The job she has lost.
(c) Her missing jewelry.
(d) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
2. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
3. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
4. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
5. What is Jackie's problem?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)