|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this distracting?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) The noise shook the building.
(c) She is curious who is at the door.
(d) The mail was overflowing.
2. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She cannot afford one.
(b) She has lost her clock.
(c) She hates the sound of alarms.
(d) She does not like them.
3. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
(a) A new wardrobe.
(b) A new car and needs new license plates.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new cell phone.
4. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He visited a school earlier that week.
(b) He has allergies.
(c) He has been around several sick people.
(d) The window in his room will not close all the way.
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) He is her father.
(d) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
6. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Take over his job.
(c) Tease him.
(d) Warm up to him.
7. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
(a) Her time spent in Baton Rouge.
(b) Her years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(c) The time she worked at the soon-to-be demolished Pioneer Hotel.
(d) Her dreams from the night before.
8. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Find a new residence.
(d) Go to her room.
9. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
(a) An argument.
(b) A trivia game.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A movie.
10. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
(c) She looks for Jamie.
(d) She goes to her room.
11. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The coffee shop on the corner.
(b) Mr. Katz's home.
(c) A therapist.
(d) The police station.
12. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its cleanliness.
(b) The number of guests.
(c) Its gleaming persona.
(d) Its distance from the train stop.
13. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She cannot afford the insurance.
(b) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
(c) She needs help moving into her home.
(d) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
14. What is Millie's reply?
(a) The ghosts will probably move along with the hotel guests with whom they have become attached.
(b) There are many ghosts.
(c) They could be very dangerous.
(d) The ghosts will stay on the grounds of the hotel.
15. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(c) The Girl.
(d) Mr. Morse.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does April Green complain?
2. Of what is Millie proud?
3. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
4. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
5. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)