|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its gleaming persona.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) Its distance from the train stop.
(d) The number of guests.
2. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) His composure.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) The switchboard activity.
(d) A clean hotel.
3. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(b) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(c) Will the shy woman come here.
(d) Will it be demolished.
4. How does April break into the conversation?
(a) With her complaint about the lack of hot water.
(b) With a complaint about the bright sunlight.
(c) With a flirty comment for both men.
(d) With a need for a clock.
5. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(b) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
(c) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
(d) To stop complaining or leave.
6. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) Mr. Katz's home.
(b) A therapist.
(c) The police station.
(d) The coffee shop on the corner.
7. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
8. About what does April Green complain?
(a) The lack of hot water this morning.
(b) The dingy hotel.
(c) Her lack of sleep.
(d) Her difficult customers.
9. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(b) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
(c) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(d) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
10. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The mail in her mailbox.
11. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
(a) A note.
(b) Eviction notices.
(c) A card.
(d) A piece of chocolate.
12. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) Her work as a waitress.
(b) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(c) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(d) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
13. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Go to her room.
(b) Find a new residence.
(c) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(d) Go for a walk.
14. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The many hotel guests.
(b) Waving to all the people.
(c) The gifts from the travellers.
(d) The noise from the train.
15. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Annoy him.
(b) Push him away.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Make fun of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
2. What has the hotel seen?
3. Why can this character not sleep in?
4. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
5. Who enters the hotel lobby?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)