|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Go back to her room.
(b) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(c) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
(d) Get a better job.
2. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Make fun of him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Push him away.
(d) Annoy him.
3. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(b) Go to her room.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Find a new residence.
4. What is this play about?
(a) A train stop in Baltimore.
(b) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A group of school children.
5. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
(b) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
(c) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(d) To stop complaining or leave.
6. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) Her room has been broken into.
(b) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
(c) She has lost her key.
(d) She cannot pay her rent.
7. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) She had a bad dream.
8. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The many hotel guests.
(b) The gifts from the travellers.
(c) Waving to all the people.
(d) The noise from the train.
9. Who is Girl?
(a) An actress.
(b) Bill's daughter.
(c) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
(d) Mr. Katz's daughter.
10. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(b) She needs to move in within the week.
(c) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(d) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
11. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
(b) She goes to her room.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She looks for Jamie.
12. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(b) When it will be demolished.
(c) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(d) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
13. What does Bill do?
(a) He is the hotel's manager.
(b) He is the architect.
(c) He is a hotel guest.
(d) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
14. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(c) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(d) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
15. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(b) Bill, a desk clerk.
(c) April, a hotel guest.
(d) Her son, Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
2. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
3. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
4. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
5. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)