|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(b) He has been around several sick people.
(c) He has allergies.
(d) He visited a school earlier that week.
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(b) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
(c) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(d) The Victorian era in which it was built.
3. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(c) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(d) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
4. What is this play about?
(a) A train stop in Baltimore.
(b) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(c) A group of school children.
(d) A nursing home.
5. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) They are good friends.
6. How does April break into the conversation?
(a) With a flirty comment for both men.
(b) With a complaint about the bright sunlight.
(c) With her complaint about the lack of hot water.
(d) With a need for a clock.
7. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) What will become of them.
(b) If there are any.
(c) Whose ghosts are they.
(d) Will they hurt her.
8. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) She cannot pay her rent.
(b) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
(c) She has lost her key.
(d) Her room has been broken into.
9. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(c) The mail in her mailbox.
(d) A loud noise.
10. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(d) Will the shy woman come here.
11. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(b) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(c) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(d) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
12. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Pack up to go home.
(b) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(c) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(d) Flirt with the Girl.
13. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She does not register any surprise.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She is ver y surprised.
(d) She faints.
14. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(c) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(d) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
15. Who is Girl?
(a) Bill's daughter.
(b) An actress.
(c) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(d) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
2. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
3. What is Jackie's problem?
4. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
5. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)