|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(b) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(c) No, she cannot visit it.
(d) It will be demolished later in the week.
2. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(b) The Girl.
(d) Mr. Morse.
3. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
(a) He gets grumpy.
(b) He threatens to hold the hotel responsible for his hospital bill should his health deteriorate any further.
(c) He begins to whine.
(d) He goes back to his room.
4. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(b) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(c) She needs to move in within the week.
(d) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
5. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) Will the shy woman come here.
(b) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(c) Will it be demolished.
(d) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
6. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
(a) A fatherly figure.
(b) To make a quick friend.
(c) To find a boyfriend.
(d) A money lender.
7. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Make fun of him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Annoy him.
(d) Push him away.
8. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Find a new residence.
(b) Go to her room.
(c) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
(d) Go for a walk.
9. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Go back to her room.
(b) Get a better job.
(c) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(d) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
10. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
(b) She looks for Jamie.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She goes to her room.
11. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Her son, Horse.
(b) April, a hotel guest.
(c) Bill, a desk clerk.
(d) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
12. What does Bill do?
(a) He is a hotel guest.
(b) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
(c) He is the architect.
(d) He is the hotel's manager.
13. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
(a) Mr. Morse.
(c) Mr. Katz.
14. Who enters the hotel lobby?
(a) Two neighbors.
(b) Two more hotel residents.
(c) Four more hotel residents.
(d) Two police officers.
15. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) His composure.
(c) The switchboard activity.
(d) A clean hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Girl?
2. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
3. Of what is Millie proud?
4. What is this play about?
5. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)