|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She has lost her clock.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She cannot afford one.
(d) She hates the sound of alarms.
2. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(b) The train station.
(c) A restaurant nearby.
(d) The Hotel Baltimore.
3. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) He is her father.
4. Who is Girl?
(a) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(b) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
(c) Bill's daughter.
(d) An actress.
5. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) No, she cannot visit it.
(b) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(c) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) It will be demolished later in the week.
6. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
(a) A friend.
(b) Another hotel guest.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A male customer.
7. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(b) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(c) When it will be demolished.
(d) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
8. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The gifts from the travellers.
(b) Waving to all the people.
(c) The many hotel guests.
(d) The noise from the train.
9. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She cannot afford the insurance.
(b) She needs help moving into her home.
(c) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(d) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
10. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Help her move.
(c) Co-sign on a loan from the bank.
(d) Build her a new closet.
11. What is this play about?
(a) A group of school children.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A train stop in Baltimore.
(d) The lives of a motley group of characters.
12. How does April break into the conversation?
(a) With a flirty comment for both men.
(b) With her complaint about the lack of hot water.
(c) With a need for a clock.
(d) With a complaint about the bright sunlight.
13. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
(b) There is a customer at the desk.
(c) The telephone rings.
(d) He must get back to work.
14. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(b) Her work as a waitress.
(c) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(d) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
15. What does Bill once more tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He will give him a job.
(b) He will send someone upstairs to close the window.
(c) He will find him a new room.
(d) He will buy him some cold medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
2. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
3. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
4. What does Bill do?
5. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)