|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Get a better job.
(b) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(c) Go back to her room.
(d) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
2. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
(a) He must get back to work.
(b) The telephone rings.
(c) There is a customer at the desk.
(d) Remembering that Jackie had gone to Mr. Morse's room.
3. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Victorian era in which it was built.
(b) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(c) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(d) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
4. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(b) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
(c) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(d) She needs to move in within the week.
5. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
(a) Suzy entertaining customers in her room.
(b) Suzy's obnoxious sister.
(c) Suzy bringing friends back to the hotel.
(d) The friendship between Suzy and the hotel guest.
6. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) He is her father.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) She wants to ask a favor.
7. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) To stop complaining or leave.
(b) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
(c) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(d) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
8. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A woman Millie has worked with.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
(d) The Girl's mother.
9. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(b) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(c) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
(d) Her fortune.
10. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
(a) A new car and needs new license plates.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new cell phone.
11. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) Since last night.
(b) For about an hour.
(c) Since four o'clock this morning.
(d) Since three o'clock.
12. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) Whose ghosts are they.
(b) Will they hurt her.
(c) What will become of them.
(d) If there are any.
13. What does Jackie decide to do?
(a) Go to her room.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Find a new residence.
(d) Wait for Mr. Katz to arrive.
14. About what does April Green complain?
(a) Her difficult customers.
(b) The dingy hotel.
(c) The lack of hot water this morning.
(d) Her lack of sleep.
15. Why is this distracting?
(a) The noise shook the building.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) She is curious who is at the door.
(d) The mail was overflowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
2. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
3. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
4. How does the play open?
5. What about the hotel has diminished?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)