|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
(a) The eviction notices.
(b) Bill's work.
(c) Mr. Morse's problems.
(d) The boy sleeping in the lobby.
2. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Get a better job.
(b) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(c) Go back to her room.
(d) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
3. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(c) She wants to ask a favor.
(d) He is her father.
4. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She needs help moving into her home.
(b) She cannot afford the insurance.
(c) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(d) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
5. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(b) It will be demolished later in the week.
(c) No, she cannot visit it.
(d) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
6. Who is Girl?
(a) An actress.
(b) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(c) Bill's daughter.
(d) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
7. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(b) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(c) Flirt with the Girl.
(d) Pack up to go home.
8. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The Victorian era in which it was built.
(b) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(c) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
(d) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
9. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(a) The Girl.
(b) Mr. Morse.
10. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Push him away.
(b) Make fun of him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Annoy him.
11. What does Bill do?
(a) He is the hotel's manager.
(b) He is a hotel guest.
(c) He is the architect.
(d) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
12. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) Since three o'clock.
(b) For about an hour.
(c) Since four o'clock this morning.
(d) Since last night.
13. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) The number of guests.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) Its gleaming persona.
(d) Its distance from the train stop.
14. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
15. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(b) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(c) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(d) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
2. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
3. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
4. How does April break into the conversation?
5. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)