|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(b) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(c) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(d) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
2. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(b) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(c) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(d) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
3. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) She had a bad dream.
4. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
(a) A trivia game.
(b) An argument.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A movie.
5. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Annoy him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Push him away.
6. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) Will it be demolished.
(b) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(c) Will the shy woman come here.
(d) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
7. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
(b) She has lost her key.
(c) Her room has been broken into.
(d) She cannot pay her rent.
8. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) His composure.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) A clean hotel.
(d) The switchboard activity.
9. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
10. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She cannot afford one.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She hates the sound of alarms.
(d) She has lost her clock.
11. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He needs to go back to his room, and fix his own window.
(b) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's vocal exercises.
(c) To stop complaining or leave.
(d) Some of the residents have been complaining about Mr. Morse's complaints.
12. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(b) She needs help moving into her home.
(c) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
(d) She cannot afford the insurance.
13. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(b) Where her son is.
(c) Why she cannot get a spare key.
(d) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
14. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She faints.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She does not register any surprise.
(d) She is ver y surprised.
15. How does April break into the conversation?
(a) With her complaint about the lack of hot water.
(b) With a flirty comment for both men.
(c) With a complaint about the bright sunlight.
(d) With a need for a clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
2. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
3. What does Bill do?
4. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
5. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)