|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) Her fortune.
(b) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(c) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
2. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(b) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(c) Will it be demolished.
(d) Will the shy woman come here.
3. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its distance from the train stop.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) Its gleaming persona.
(d) The number of guests.
4. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Get a better job.
(b) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
(c) Go back to her room.
(d) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
5. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
(a) A money lender.
(b) To find a boyfriend.
(c) To make a quick friend.
(d) A fatherly figure.
6. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(b) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(c) When it will be demolished.
(d) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
7. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
(a) Her inability to get into her room.
(b) Her missing jewelry.
(c) The job she has lost.
(d) Horse's plight to anyone who will listen.
8. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) Whose ghosts are they.
(b) What will become of them.
(c) Will they hurt her.
(d) If there are any.
9. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
(c) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(d) Why she cannot get a spare key.
10. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) The Hotel Baltimore.
(b) The train station.
(c) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(d) A restaurant nearby.
11. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(c) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(d) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
12. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She cannot afford one.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She has lost her clock.
(d) She hates the sound of alarms.
13. What is Millie's reply?
(a) The ghosts will stay on the grounds of the hotel.
(b) The ghosts will probably move along with the hotel guests with whom they have become attached.
(c) They could be very dangerous.
(d) There are many ghosts.
14. What has the hotel seen?
(a) No celebrities.
(b) Better days.
(c) Very few guests over the years.
(d) A growth in wealthy guests.
15. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She faints.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She does not register any surprise.
(d) She is ver y surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
2. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
3. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
4. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
5. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)