|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) The noise from the train.
(b) The gifts from the travellers.
(c) The many hotel guests.
(d) Waving to all the people.
2. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(c) The mail in her mailbox.
(d) A loud noise.
3. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He visited a school earlier that week.
(b) He has been around several sick people.
(c) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(d) He has allergies.
4. What is Jackie's problem?
(a) She does not have room in her closet for her new clothes.
(b) She cannot afford the insurance for her new phone.
(c) She cannot afford the insurance.
(d) She needs help moving into her home.
5. What does Bill do?
(a) He is the hotel's manager.
(b) He is the architect.
(c) He is a hotel guest.
(d) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
6. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(b) Mr. Morse.
(c) The Girl.
7. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(c) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
(d) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
8. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The coffee shop on the corner.
(b) Mr. Katz's home.
(c) The police station.
(d) A therapist.
9. Who is Girl?
(a) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(b) An actress.
(c) Bill's daughter.
(d) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
10. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(d) Will the shy woman come here.
11. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A woman Millie has worked with.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The Girl's mother.
(d) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
12. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She is ver y surprised.
(b) She faints.
(c) She does not register any surprise.
(d) She becomes angry.
13. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) After rising early for so many years.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) She had a bad dream.
14. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
(a) Her years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) Her time spent in Baton Rouge.
(c) Her dreams from the night before.
(d) The time she worked at the soon-to-be demolished Pioneer Hotel.
15. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
(a) A new home.
(b) A new cell phone.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A new car and needs new license plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie want Mr. Katz to do?
2. Why does Bill suddenly jump up?
3. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
4. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
5. What has the hotel seen?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)