|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) She has lost her key.
(b) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
(c) She cannot pay her rent.
(d) Her room has been broken into.
2. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
(c) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
(d) Why she cannot get a spare key.
3. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) What will become of them.
(b) Whose ghosts are they.
(c) Will they hurt her.
(d) If there are any.
4. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) It will be demolished later in the week.
(b) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(c) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
(d) No, she cannot visit it.
5. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) A clean hotel.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) The switchboard activity.
(d) His composure.
6. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(b) Her fortune.
(c) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(d) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
7. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The mail in her mailbox.
(c) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(d) A loud noise.
8. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) Since three o'clock.
(b) For about an hour.
(c) Since last night.
(d) Since four o'clock this morning.
9. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
(b) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(c) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(d) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
10. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) She wants to ask a favor.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) He is her father.
11. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She looks for Jamie.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
(d) She goes to her room.
12. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) The sun is too bright.
(b) She had a bad dream.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) After rising early for so many years.
13. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(b) Bill, a desk clerk.
(c) April, a hotel guest.
(d) Her son, Horse.
14. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
(a) Warm up to him.
(b) Tease him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Take over his job.
15. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) Will the shy woman come here.
(d) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
2. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
3. What is Jackie's problem?
4. Who enters the hotel lobby?
5. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)