|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She is ver y surprised.
(c) She does not register any surprise.
(d) She faints.
2. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She needs to move in within the week.
(b) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(c) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(d) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
3. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
(a) The history of the Pioneer Hotel.
(b) Her fortune.
(c) If she has ever ridden on a train.
(d) More about the Hotel Baltimore.
4. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(b) The Hotel Baltimore.
(c) The train station.
(d) A restaurant nearby.
5. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) After rising early for so many years.
(b) The sun is too bright.
(c) It is too hot in her room.
(d) She had a bad dream.
6. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(b) April, a hotel guest.
(c) Bill, a desk clerk.
(d) Her son, Horse.
7. Of what does Mr. Katz disapprove?
(a) Suzy entertaining customers in her room.
(b) Suzy bringing friends back to the hotel.
(c) Suzy's obnoxious sister.
(d) The friendship between Suzy and the hotel guest.
8. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) When it will be demolished.
(b) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(c) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(d) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
9. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its distance from the train stop.
(b) Its gleaming persona.
(c) The number of guests.
(d) Its cleanliness.
10. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
(a) She hates the sound of alarms.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She has lost her clock.
(d) She cannot afford one.
11. What has the hotel seen?
(a) Better days.
(b) No celebrities.
(c) A growth in wealthy guests.
(d) Very few guests over the years.
12. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
(a) Whose ghosts are they.
(b) Will they hurt her.
(c) What will become of them.
(d) If there are any.
13. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
14. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
(a) A job at the desk.
(b) A new room.
(c) Cold medication.
(d) To send someone to his room to close the window.
15. Who enters the hotel lobby?
(a) Two neighbors.
(b) Four more hotel residents.
(c) Two more hotel residents.
(d) Two police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
2. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
3. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
4. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
5. Why is this distracting?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)