|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when no one takes Mr. Morse's complaint very seriously?
(a) He threatens to hold the hotel responsible for his hospital bill should his health deteriorate any further.
(b) He gets grumpy.
(c) He goes back to his room.
(d) He begins to whine.
2. How does the Girl respond when April also complains that it is too light in her room to sleep during the day?
(a) She reminds her that it is daytime and will be light out.
(b) She reminds April that they are observing Daylight Savings Time.
(c) She tells her to buy heavier drapes.
(d) She tells her to get a job where she can sleep during the night.
3. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(b) The Girl.
(d) Mr. Morse.
4. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He has been around several sick people.
(b) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(c) He has allergies.
(d) He visited a school earlier that week.
5. What does Bill do?
(a) He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
(b) He is the hotel's manager.
(c) He is a hotel guest.
(d) He is the architect.
6. How does Millie respond to Bill's news?
(a) She faints.
(b) She does not register any surprise.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She is ver y surprised.
7. Who is Girl?
(a) Bill's daughter.
(b) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
(c) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(d) An actress.
8. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
(a) Waving to all the people.
(b) The noise from the train.
(c) The gifts from the travellers.
(d) The many hotel guests.
9. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(c) She wants to ask a favor.
(d) He is her father.
10. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Push him away.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Annoy him.
11. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(b) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(c) Her work as a waitress.
(d) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
12. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(b) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(c) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(d) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
13. What has the hotel seen?
(a) A growth in wealthy guests.
(b) No celebrities.
(c) Very few guests over the years.
(d) Better days.
14. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
(b) She cannot pay her rent.
(c) She has lost her key.
(d) Her room has been broken into.
15. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) For about an hour.
(b) Since three o'clock.
(c) Since four o'clock this morning.
(d) Since last night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
2. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
3. What does the Girl ask Millie about the Hotel Baltimore ghosts?
4. How does April break into the conversation?
5. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)