|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) Since four o'clock this morning.
(b) Since three o'clock.
(c) Since last night.
(d) For about an hour.
2. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She looks for Jamie.
(c) She goes to her room.
(d) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
3. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Her son, Horse.
(b) April, a hotel guest.
(c) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(d) Bill, a desk clerk.
4. What does the Girl leave for the day desk clerk?
(a) Eviction notices.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) A card.
(d) A note.
5. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Pack up to go home.
(b) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(c) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(d) Flirt with the Girl.
6. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
(a) Mr. Morse's problems.
(b) The boy sleeping in the lobby.
(c) Bill's work.
(d) The eviction notices.
7. What does Mrs. Bellotti try to discern from Bill?
(a) Why she cannot get a spare key.
(b) Where her son is.
(c) Why Mr. Katz has evicted Horse.
(d) What to do about her stolen jewelry.
8. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
(d) Will the shy woman come here.
9. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) Its distance from the train stop.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) The number of guests.
(d) Its gleaming persona.
10. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) The Girl's mother.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A woman Millie has worked with.
(d) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
11. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(b) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(c) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
(d) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
12. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(b) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(c) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Her work as a waitress.
13. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
(b) When it will be demolished.
(c) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(d) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
14. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) It is too hot in her room.
(b) The sun is too bright.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) After rising early for so many years.
15. What has the hotel seen?
(a) A growth in wealthy guests.
(b) Better days.
(c) Very few guests over the years.
(d) No celebrities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
2. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
3. Who is Girl?
4. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
5. About what does Mrs. Bellotti whine?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)