|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(b) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(c) Pack up to go home.
(d) Flirt with the Girl.
2. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A woman Millie has worked with.
(c) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
(d) The Girl's mother.
3. What is Millie's reply?
(a) They could be very dangerous.
(b) The ghosts will stay on the grounds of the hotel.
(c) The ghosts will probably move along with the hotel guests with whom they have become attached.
(d) There are many ghosts.
4. Why is Mrs. Bellotti concerned?
(a) She cannot pay her rent.
(b) Her room has been broken into.
(c) She has lost her key.
(d) Mr. Katz has evicted her son named Horse.
5. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
(a) The contemporary design found in many new hotels.
(b) The Victorian era in which it was built.
(c) The Art Deco interior design of that period.
(d) The Arts and Crafts homes in the neighborhood.
6. What has the hotel seen?
(a) Better days.
(b) No celebrities.
(c) A growth in wealthy guests.
(d) Very few guests over the years.
7. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
(a) Make fun of him.
(b) Annoy him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Push him away.
8. What about the hotel has diminished?
(a) The number of guests.
(b) Its cleanliness.
(c) Its gleaming persona.
(d) Its distance from the train stop.
9. Who enters the hotel lobby?
(a) Four more hotel residents.
(b) Two police officers.
(c) Two neighbors.
(d) Two more hotel residents.
10. What distracts April from heading back to her room upstairs?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Morse.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The mail in her mailbox.
11. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(b) When it will be demolished.
(c) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(d) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
12. What does Jackie then try to do to Bill?
(a) Warm up to him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Tease him.
(d) Take over his job.
13. What does Bill once more tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He will send someone upstairs to close the window.
(b) He will buy him some cold medication.
(c) He will find him a new room.
(d) He will give him a job.
14. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) Peace and quiet.
(b) The switchboard activity.
(c) A clean hotel.
(d) His composure.
15. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She goes to her room.
(c) She looks for Jamie.
(d) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
3. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
4. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
5. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)