|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Suzy enter the hotel lobby?
(a) Another hotel guest.
(b) A friend.
(c) A male customer.
(d) Her sister.
2. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
(a) Her dreams from the night before.
(b) The time she worked at the soon-to-be demolished Pioneer Hotel.
(c) Her time spent in Baton Rouge.
(d) Her years at the Hotel Baltimore.
3. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Bill, a desk clerk.
(b) April, a hotel guest.
(c) Her son, Horse.
(d) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
4. Who is Girl?
(a) An actress.
(b) Mr. Katz's daughter.
(c) A nineteen-year-old call girl.
(d) Bill's daughter.
5. How does Millie respond to the Girl's question?
(a) It will be demolished later in the week.
(b) No, she cannot visit it.
(c) There were quite a few ghosts in the hotel, and a few that frequented the restaurant.
(d) She loved every moment of her time at the Pioneer Hotel.
6. From whom does Jackie try to enlist some help?
(a) Mr. Morse.
(b) The Girl.
7. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(b) Pack up to go home.
(c) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(d) Flirt with the Girl.
8. What must Jackie do because of this purchase?
(a) She needs to move in within the week.
(b) She must hang up her clothes before they become wrinkled.
(c) She must buy insurance on the phone.
(d) She cannot get the plates until she purchases auto insurance.
9. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) The train station.
(b) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(c) A restaurant nearby.
(d) The Hotel Baltimore.
10. Why is this distracting?
(a) The noise shook the building.
(b) The mail was overflowing.
(c) She is curious who is at the door.
(d) He is outraged.
11. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
(a) Go back to her room.
(b) Distribute the mail in the residents' mailboxes.
(c) Get a better job.
(d) Send wake-up calls to the guests.
12. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
(b) Mr. Katz.
(c) Mr. Morse.
13. What is this play about?
(a) A train stop in Baltimore.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) The lives of a motley group of characters.
(d) A group of school children.
14. How long has the boy been waiting for Mr. Katz?
(a) Since three o'clock.
(b) For about an hour.
(c) Since four o'clock this morning.
(d) Since last night.
15. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
(a) An argument.
(b) A trivia game.
(c) A movie.
(d) A game of checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
2. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
3. What does the Girl miss from living by a railroad track?
4. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
5. Who enters the hotel lobby?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)