|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the topic dropped?
(a) Millie advises the Girl that sprits do not like to be discussed.
(b) Millie is afraid of the ghosts.
(c) Millie is tired of talking to the Girl.
(d) Millie is becoming sad from her memories.
2. What does Bill offer Mr. Morse?
(a) A job at the desk.
(b) Cold medication.
(c) To send someone to his room to close the window.
(d) A new room.
3. How does the play open?
(a) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Memorial Day.
(b) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
(c) It is 7 o'clock in the evening on Labor Day.
(d) It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Labor Day.
4. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
(a) If she can visit it before it is destroyed.
(b) When it will be demolished.
(c) If Millie enjoyed her time there.
(d) If Millie had any encounters with ghosts.
5. What does Bill once more tell Mr. Morse?
(a) He will send someone upstairs to close the window.
(b) He will find him a new room.
(c) He will give him a job.
(d) He will buy him some cold medication.
6. What does the Girl inquire about the Hotel Baltimore?
(a) The possibilty of any ghosts residing there.
(b) Will it be demolished.
(c) Will the shy woman come here.
(d) Does Millie enjoy her time her as well.
7. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
(a) To find a boyfriend.
(b) A fatherly figure.
(c) To make a quick friend.
(d) A money lender.
8. Why is this distracting?
(a) The noise shook the building.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) She is curious who is at the door.
(d) The mail was overflowing.
9. Why can this character not sleep in?
(a) After rising early for so many years.
(b) The sun is too bright.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) It is too hot in her room.
10. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
(a) The coffee shop on the corner.
(b) Mr. Katz's home.
(c) The police station.
(d) A therapist.
11. Why is Jackie happy to see Mr. Katz?
(a) She wants to ask a favor.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She has a question for him about the eviction notice.
(d) They are good friends.
12. What does Bill mention is being torn down?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Hotel Baltimore.
(c) A local hotel called the Pioneer.
(d) A restaurant nearby.
13. What does Jackie tell Mr. Katz that she has just paid cash for?
(a) A new car and needs new license plates.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A new cell phone.
(d) A new home.
14. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
(a) An argument.
(b) A movie.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A trivia game.
15. Why is Mr. Morse getting a cold?
(a) He visited a school earlier that week.
(b) The window in his room will not close all the way.
(c) He has been around several sick people.
(d) He has allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. Katz inquire?
2. Why does April not keep a clock in her room?
3. What does Bill begin to do?
4. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
5. What does Jackie decide to do?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)