Short Answer Key
1. What is this play about?
The lives of a motley group of characters.
2. What does the Hotel Baltimore interior reflect?
The Art Deco interior design of that period.
3. What about the hotel has diminished?
Its gleaming persona.
4. What has the hotel seen?
5. How does the play open?
It is 7 o'clock in the morning on Memorial Day.
6. What does Bill do?
He mans the check-in desk and switchboard.
7. Who is Girl?
A nineteen-year-old call girl.
8. What does Bill begin to do?
Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
9. What does the Girl try to do to Bill?
Flirt with him.
10. Who descends the hotel steps and greets Bill and the Girl?
11. Why can this character not sleep in?
After rising early for so many years.
12. What does Bill...
This section contains 2,569 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)