|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the Girl enraptured?
(a) The mention of the kind men.
(b) The way Millie tells her story.
(c) The city of Baton Rouge.
(d) The glimpse into Millie's past.
2. What possibility does Jackie see in Mr. Morse?
(a) A fatherly figure.
(b) To make a quick friend.
(c) A money lender.
(d) To find a boyfriend.
3. What does April begin to tell Bill?
(a) About the bright sunlight coming into her room.
(b) About her lack of hot water.
(c) About the eviction notices.
(d) About her evening with a challenging customer up in her room.
4. What does Jackie do at Bill's request that she not do it?
(a) She goes to her room.
(b) She looks for Jamie.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She heads upstairs to work on Mr. Morse's window.
5. For whom is Mrs. Bellotti looking?
(a) Bill, a desk clerk.
(b) Mr. Katz, the hotel's manager.
(c) April, a hotel guest.
(d) Her son, Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Millie and the Girl change the subject to the topic of Millie's girlhood home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
2. What is Mrs. Oxenham, the hotel's day desk clerk and switchboard operator, attempting to deflect?
3. What is Jackie's problem?
4. Who enters the hotel lobby?
5. What does Bill suggest that the Girl do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)