|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Millie proud?
(a) The friends she has made over the years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(b) President Calvin Coolidge always requested to sit in her section of tables when he visited the establishment.
(c) Her visit to the White House to see President Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Her work as a waitress.
2. Who was the figure of a shy woman, who never sat, but just stood at the doorway to watch the restaurant activities?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A woman Millie has worked with.
(c) A guest that visits the Hotel Baltimore regularly.
(d) The Girl's mother.
3. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) The switchboard activity.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(c) His composure.
(d) A clean hotel.
4. What does Bill begin to do?
(a) Make wake-up calls to residents via the switchboard.
(b) Tell the Girl to make wake-up calls to the residents.
(c) Pack up to go home.
(d) Flirt with the Girl.
5. About what does Bill begin to talk to Millie again?
(a) Her dreams from the night before.
(b) Her years at the Hotel Baltimore.
(c) The time she worked at the soon-to-be demolished Pioneer Hotel.
(d) Her time spent in Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Morse and Jamie start?
2. What does Bill suggest that Mrs. Bellotti visit?
3. What does the Girl want to know about the Pioneer Hotel?
4. What does Mr. Katz tell Mr. Morse?
5. What would the Girl like Millie to tell her?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)